Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Look what I found out in a Barn !!! (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/123470-look-what-i-found-out-barn.html)

pachangalpina 02-27-2006 01:52 PM

Re: Look what I found out in a Barn !!!

I know of another set of those or very similar twin turbo setup on the cradle available in upstate New York. One of the dirt track teams that I work with told me about some marine motors that were in the back of the shop and they showed them to me on my last trip up there. They were out of my league for my boat but they were very impressive and had me ogling for hours. It was about 1.5 years ago when I looked at them but I am sure that I can get more info on them if anybody is interested.

Todd Howerton
Outlaw Disc Brakes
770-844-1777

SHARKEY-IMAGES 02-27-2006 01:54 PM

Originally Posted by HuskerPerformance
Being a newbie to OSO, but an old timer to performance boating I figure I would respond here......

Those motors, from my recollection, were 357 cubic inch De-Stroked Donovans, dry sump, pontiac heads, twin turbos, kinler fuel injection Bruce Falls/Mclaren creations......I dont know too much of the history of where/how and when but, I do know when they were running, nothing would touch them, .....I think issues they had were in the fuel management system and programming and such....

That was then, this is now.......if those who own these packages decided further develope those gems eg: newest, up to date electronics ect......turbo technology has grown leaps and bounds since 1996 (I believe the origin date of this motors).......man o man, what a killer endurance motor...with 1200 to 1400 hp without a sweat!!!

And if rigged in a competitive hull!!! If I were some of the big boys, I would be worried.....

Love this site!!

BINGO !!! :drink:
Welcome to the board Husker Performance!!!

You are correct Jon.
Mr T may want to read the board's rules before someone decides to take out the trash... :rolleyes:
Well over a dozen times he has posted the same post throughout the forum sections.... :rolleyes:
He is as interesting as much as SPAM... :rolleyes:

Metal Bros & Sonic30,
Yes they were overseas at one time.... Good eye! :)

SHARKEY-IMAGES 02-27-2006 01:56 PM

Originally Posted by pachangalpina
I am sure that I can get more info on them if anybody is interested.

Todd Howerton
Outlaw Disc Brakes
770-844-1777

Yes Todd, I would certainly be interested...

PM me if you can with any contact info.
Thanks!

Hauling Trash 02-27-2006 03:46 PM

WOW,,,,,SHARKEY DOES KNOW ALL.................. :D :D :evilb: :evilb:

JCPERF 02-27-2006 05:55 PM

Originally Posted by Hauling Trash
WOW,,,,,SHARKEY DOES KNOW ALL.................. :D :D :evilb: :evilb:

Keep it up and Sharkey will phuck you up :evilb: :D :evilb:

SHARKEY-IMAGES 02-27-2006 09:55 PM

Hey JC,

Mr T and his F******n started kit likes to talk trash.
Trash is all he knows... :evilb:

SHARKEY-IMAGES 02-27-2006 09:57 PM

Originally Posted by Sonic30ss
it seems with a F.A.S.T. or Motech ECM and some dyno time you should be able to work out the bugs. Good luck

You're right on the money!!! :drink:

Audiofn 02-28-2006 07:15 AM

Originally Posted by sharkeymarine
You're right on the money!!! :drink:

I hope you are on a pile of money to put those back together :evilb: :evilb: :evilb:

SHARKEY-IMAGES 02-28-2006 07:46 AM

Originally Posted by Audiofn
I hope you are on a pile of money to put those back together :evilb: :evilb: :evilb:

That will not be an issue...... :)

I am sure it will cost big $$$ just to replace all those SS Braided Hoses let alone finding the best electronics... :eek:

SHARKEY-IMAGES 02-28-2006 11:16 PM

Anyone have Bruce Falls number or location? :confused: