Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Great Moments In V Bottom History >

Great Moments In V Bottom History

Notices

Great Moments In V Bottom History

Old 01-24-2013, 08:30 PM
Registered

Received 1,819 Likes on 711 Posts
Default I bumped into an old girlfriend yrs ago.....

Originally Posted by professor_speed
Its funny that you can go racing for one weekend end and walk away world champion, lol and maybe you raced one other boat lol.
and she introduced me to one of her friends as her x boyfriend "world champion" boat racer and I had no clue what she was talking about. She kept trying to remind me of it and I came off looking like a total doofus as I didn't get it.
Back in my kneel down hyrdoplane racing days I won a race in Laredo Texas. That race was billed as the "Laredo World Championship"
You can all any race you want, a "World Championship".
Old 01-25-2013, 10:04 AM
Registered

Received 42 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by professor_speed
Tuff 28 22.5 degree dead rise runs 95 mph with a 525 weighs about 3500 lbs. so it should run 98-100 with a 565, and 101-102 with a 600.

Outerlimits 29 21 degree dead rise on the last step runs 98-99 with a 565 and 101 with 600 but weights 4800lbs. (there is plenty video of this boat running hard and does not seem to be in any danger of a spin out.)

Theses two boats are probably the fastest v bottoms at this length. (or even most cats, save for maybe the redline 26 or nordic 27, but then again not to many single I/O cats that are around this length) How is it that the OL can weigh 1300lbs more and still run virtually the same speeds? I know that they threw every trick in the book, (lower that 24 degree dead rise, pad, multiple steps) But the tuff has two of those three and way less weight to lug around.

For the record I have no horse in this race just looking to gain some knowledge and maybe play devils advocate
Didn't Mike Fiore barrel roll the 29 footer once or twice?
Old 01-25-2013, 11:27 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by MonkeySea2
Didn't Mike Fiore barrel roll the 29 footer once or twice?
Rolled it cause of faulty trim tab indicator, IE tab was down when he thought it was up entered hard turn and the rest is history. I don't think it would have mattered if it steps or not, big tabs in the wrong position and hard turn could make any boat go over.
Old 01-25-2013, 12:38 PM
Registered

Received 607 Likes on 275 Posts

Shouldn't have to rely on tab indicators. Especially if Fiore was driving, with his experience.
Old 01-25-2013, 01:41 PM
Driver-441
Racer

Received 1,067 Likes on 282 Posts

Originally Posted by thirdchildhood
Shouldn't have to rely on tab indicators. Especially if Fiore was driving, with his experience.
I have agree with that...I could certainly see it upsetting a boat...maybe even a spin..but all the way over?
More steps = less boat to grip to the water.
Old 01-25-2013, 01:53 PM
Platinum Member

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

shouldn't have to rely on tab indicators. Especially if fiore was driving, with his experience.
exactly..........................................
Old 01-25-2013, 07:49 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great post throughout the years. Had to add my .02 cents. Love my old school deep vee ride. Manta 28. World Champions 1981,82,88,90,92,93.
Old 01-25-2013, 10:58 PM
Registered

Received 277 Likes on 96 Posts

I agree!

But Fiore/OL just paid off the manufacture and/or threatened to stop orders if they do not let them put blame on the tab indicators!

Politics
Money
it rules this world
Old 01-26-2013, 10:39 AM
Platinum Member

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by offshorexcursion
I agree!

But Fiore/OL just paid off the manufacture and/or threatened to stop orders if they do not let them put blame on the tab indicators!

Politics
Money
it rules this world
Right again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-26-2013, 12:53 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by offshorexcursion
I agree!

Politics
Money
it rules this world
Do you think that just maybe the indicator was at fault? like someone else said " with mike fiores experience " how many people look at their indicators, believe them, and initiate a turn ? I would say probably all of us do ! If ther is any doubt about how stable the boat is , just review the snowy boat at Key west!

Quick Reply: Great Moments In V Bottom History

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.