Like Tree1Likes

ocean express

Old 12-02-2001, 01:16 PM
Neno the mind boggler
VIP Member
Trade Score: (1)

My Boats: Batboat, 38 Scarab Thunder, 16 Sidewinder, 27 Magnum
woo hoo 4 pages.well its a big boat so we need a big thread.

scott i got the pics ok .will play around with some graphics later tonight,see what i can come up with.i had heard some stories about that triple 48 too.neat boat though.

nick give us some pics.always like too check out other projects.what did you do for color/graphics.

packin air -set it up, whats goin on today i think im off the hook .may go up to renos again while i am in the area

[ 12-02-2001: Message edited by: glassdave ]
Old 12-02-2001, 01:35 PM
Charter Member #30
Charter Member

My Boats: PQ 38 Avenger
Sylvester,
I just joined about a month ago and have not been on any of their boating functions.
I do go to the Poker Runs that were started by the old Dutch Lane crowd "Offshore Alley International Poker Run".

Guys I am new to the area I moved from Cleveland about two years ago so I am always up to meeting new people and hanging around other boaters. I find the winter months are too long in Toledo (not enough different weekend stuff to do) So yes I'm up to suggestions like Hooters

Well I'm off to the garage time to start the honey do list that has been neglected from the Summer fun.
Old 12-02-2001, 08:13 PM
Registered

My Boats: 1986 39' Image aka Ocean Express
Slick Nick, My tanks too. Mine were the style that fit the bottom of the boat. Hope TizBad has the cylinder style. I have been wondering about the rocker plates.My boat rides dead level,,I would love to get some nose up.
Old 12-02-2001, 08:23 PM
Registered

My Boats: Vicious marine, 2000, Avenger 32 Cat
Hey Sylvester, I think,I mean I know why the tanks keep getting beet out of those 39's that shallow tunnel really puts a ass whoopin on them plus if the where OEM you know as well as I that they where probably built out of the thinest gage aluminum he could get by with at the time!!!Maybe raise that tunnel up about 4" at the rear so it takes a little wedge out. Figure when the boat was designed from the old 32'-37'-39' they did not have the horsepower in the early 80's that we have today,You really needed that wedge in the tunnel too give the hull lift with the power we have now you could take some of that away she would fly fast and striaght,But thats my opinion!!!
Old 12-02-2001, 09:12 PM
Registered

My Boats: Cigarette Top Gun, Scarab Center Console
5 pages, GO DAVE GO! Start whoring! OSO at Hooter sound GREAT. Lets do it. Maybee we can even make LEOPA look tame.
Old 12-02-2001, 09:47 PM
Neno the mind boggler
VIP Member

almost sounds like a northwest ohio OSO get togather . . . .hmmmmmmm. . . .yea jim,it may be tough to make LEOPA look tame though, pretty wild bunch i'v heard.but hey ,where there's beer anything's possible. (five pages comin up!!!!!)
Old 12-02-2001, 09:51 PM
Registered

My Boats: Cigarette Top Gun, Scarab Center Console
Dave, it's looking like OSO is fairly heavily saturated with LEOPA anyways. We could use it as an alias. (no officer it wasn't me. I was out of town)
Old 12-03-2001, 02:21 AM
Registered

Wow ! I go away for 2 days and this post takes off without me !
Tizbad4, Pics are on the way .Were are your fuel tanks ? between engines ?Nicks right .Tanks were the only thing bad on the boat .No drainage made them corode and leak . Pressure test them before you get too far . Good luck with it !

You guys mensioned the triple engine 48 . I saw one out at Lake Of the Ozarks about 3or 4 years ago.Big thunder Marine had it doing a total re-do and they said something about triples ! Wonder if it is the same .

Did Denis Kaiser own the company (Express) at one time ? I have that movie "Fast boats and beautiful women" and it was all about Express cats and featured him and his 39' "JAWS".
Old 12-03-2001, 02:24 AM
Registered

Hey 46Tomcat , Your not selling that boat are you ? I saw it listed somewhere . What's up with that ?

Beautiful boat ,by the way !
Old 12-03-2001, 02:35 AM
Neno the mind boggler
VIP Member

boot , its funny i just dug that tape out for tizbad about an hour ago.its like an hour long comercial for ocean.far as i know dennis never owned OE. interesting little video though.lot of familiar water too me ,it was made right here around put in bay.and of course the non-boat stuff was a good touch.