Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
PAGING TROUTLY need advice please >

PAGING TROUTLY need advice please

Notices

PAGING TROUTLY need advice please

Old 01-19-2002, 03:44 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2001, I would respect you if you did fight the ticket. You deserve to win and the cop will ultimately get a reputation as writing worthless paper.

There is an attitude problem with many cops as ther see only the bad in people and then reinforce their perceptions of their own virtuous behavior.

Long ago I shared a deer hunting lease with a senior cop who was omsbudman for the police and very involved with the public relations of the force. He is now retired but is on the morning talk radio show. We had never met before the hunting season and didn't know anything about each other. About 15 minutes of small talk about each others work and hunting, he just says, " You know, 95 % of the people in this world are no F*cking good". I was shocked and said that 95% of the people I know are wonderful and honest and I would trust them with my money or car or house, and I further said that it all depends on who you are around most of the time.

Usually, a person will mature out of that bully attitude by the time they reach his age, but it is too ingrained in him.

My Uncle was a cop and never once pulled his gun on anyone. It was a small town and in a different time, but I don't need some quick draw Barney Fife imposing his wims on me. The trouble is that there is too many laws on the books which the cop can capriciously enforce if you don't cower for them.

I have gone to court on similar issues and won every time. I think you should do it, also. You will always respect yourself more for doing so.
Old 01-19-2002, 08:08 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ouch Troutly;

Question? How can you tell when a cop dies?
Answer; His hand unclutches the donut.

Just kidding you, Troutly!

Actually, I agree that 96% of the Engineers are really dorky, but probably too dorky to be pricks.
Also, most all cops are real good people and have more patience than a normal person would. And, of course everybody has their bad days and when you do try to do your job, some liberal apologist is always making alibis for unlawful conduct.

I like your posts, but I knew you would rise to the bait when I wrote it.