Cat Killer !

Old 06-19-2006, 10:30 PM
Ginger or Mary Ann?
Charter Member
Trade Score: (1)

Default Re: Cat Killer !

Quote:
Originally Posted by modfox21
But a 4700 lb v bottom racing a 12000 lb "dry" cat with the same power.. Doesnt really add up to me..

Where did this 4700# number come from? Inquirying minds want to know.
Old 06-19-2006, 10:31 PM
Who Me?
Platinum Member

My Boats: 2006 38TE Fountain

Quote:
Originally Posted by offshoredrillin
I'll put a street Monte Carlo up against Dale Jrs any day.....I never bashed beaks or reggie, but this idotic statement is too much even for him... Oh, and poker runs arent a race Mr Fountain...It's these types of statements that will be the downfall of the sport. Wonder what he will say when no one can afford insurance and his boats don't sell...
offshore...well right here you are saying insurance rates will go up because of what Fountain did.

'nuff said!
Old 06-19-2006, 10:35 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

My Boats: 00 Cig Tiger,74 Cig 20'

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeverMike
offshore...well right here you are saying insurance rates will go up because of what Fountain did.

'nuff said!
dude you really dont get it, and only read what you want... thats exactly right, and when the time comes that a person that has a financed boat cannot use it because they have to abide by the insurance companies policy or risk losing their investment. Obviously you cant even twist a sentence to suit your misguided beliefs......nuff said

I can beat you at wits all day long, want to give up now? I keep getting pm's about how ridiculous you look...
Old 06-19-2006, 10:38 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

My Boats: 22 Hustler

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDadys93x
Now heres the question of the day for everyone to ponder. How many boats that run poker runs even have insurance? I bet its less than you think. I know alot of marina owners and when a poker run comes anywhere near where they are located a lot of them just yank a brand new boat off the lot and enter it in the poker run so they can advertise thier marina , no registration ,no insurance and they get away with it! I know that marinas have riders on their policies that cover them when they sea trail a boat but i bet if they got in an accident during a poker run they wouldnt have a leg to stand on! Do you think Reggie had the Rio Roses boat properly registerd with his state to run a poker run I know it wasnt because its a race boat and not meant for recreational use. I would consider a poker run recreational use and if the local athorities wanted to push it they proably would have had some pretty heafty fines to pay. So on that note I would be willing to bet that any insurance that they may have had on the boat wasnt for the use that it was being used in. Now what if a boat with a family of 4 accidently came across their path and hit them, Now lets say everyone survived but was criticly injured and hospital bills were stacking up and Reggies insurance company wouldnt pay out because they didnt have the proper insurance policy the family would be screwed and would be in court for years trying to get money from Fountain powerboats inc. now ponder that a moment the next time you go on a poker run and your running wide open next to another boat that has "joe blows marina" plastered on the side of it and ask yourself "does this guy have any insurance in case he hits my boat and wrecks me"!
Good point !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mike
Old 06-19-2006, 10:52 PM
Registered

My Boats: I haven't got one

Just 1 question - To keep poker runs going, do you think that race boats should be banned from poker runs?
Old 06-19-2006, 10:54 PM
Registered

My Boats: 26 CC

Fountain owns the speed record for a V-hull.

If Nor-Tech, Cig, OL, MTI or Skater ran 155 mph on a poker run, that would be cool.....right?
Old 06-19-2006, 10:58 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokerrunner2000
Just 1 question - To keep poker runs going, do you think that race boats should be banned from poker runs?
No....there are lots of x race boats poker running....that are still in there race form....it does not matter if there racing or not....the race boats have more safety gear usually...and half of the poker run boats will smoke race boats any way...don't hate reggie....i think it is great he came out and murdered it for everybody......you people shold be lucky to see such a work of art...lay down!
Old 06-19-2006, 11:23 PM
Registered

My Boats: 2400 HP nightmare.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuda
There were cats at Marathon, I didn't see any pass him there either.
Since I was in the D&M Motorsports cat I'll say 525s to 1550s is not a fair comparison. But I'll try harder next time.
Old 06-19-2006, 11:57 PM
GLH
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

My Boats: Azimut

Upcoming Fountain ad in Powerboating?
Attached Thumbnails
Cat Killer !-free-cat.jpg  
Old 06-20-2006, 12:28 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokerrunner2000
Yeah, that's the ticket. Let's make rules for different classes at a poker run, especially since it's working out so well for the racers.