Like Tree0Likes

Cat Killer !

Old 06-20-2006, 12:41 PM
Registered

My Boats: 1986 222 stinger
Default Re: Cat Killer !

Cat killer

Last edited by stinger312; 08-14-2007 at 12:28 PM.
Old 06-20-2006, 12:44 PM
A to Z
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainmn
Anyone else find it odd that Fountain markets the sit-down 42 as the "42 Poker Run Edition", yet brings a canopied race boat to a poker run?
i was also wondering that, and where the fastest "pleasure" fountain ran since all the cats were "pleasure" cats...

obviously reggie doesn't feel any of his customers boats are fast enough to run up front since he has to bring a race boat (and race drivers) to do it...
Old 06-20-2006, 12:47 PM
Registered

My Boats: '06 35 Lightning Merc HP 525's aka The Black Biotch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Downtown42
I was just writing the check for Rio Roses but then I can't run any poker runs so forget it

randy scism's new retirement ride
Would that be the Cig boss man in the front of the boat there?
Old 06-20-2006, 12:48 PM
Registered

My Boats: SOLD!!!

I Hope Everyone Got The Message From Skip's Comments. That Being Said I Encourage Those Wanting To Prove Their Speed To Inquire With Their Insurance Companies To Be Able To Compete In These Kilo Runs. Unfortunately After Trying To Run One In The Loto Shootout And Being Told No Coverage, I Will Tell You That A Large Number Of Fast Boats Will Indeed Not Participate. The Moral Of This Story Will Be That If We Continue To Act Unprofessional And With A Lack Of Respect To Fellow Boaters And Rules/laws(this Goes Out To All Manufacturers, Not Pointing The Finger At Any One Individual) The Next Privilige Will Be The Lack Of Coverage For The Things We Enjoy, I.e. Poker Runs. It Is Inevitable And Yes It Can Be Done By Simply Not Paying Claims If They Find Your Name Signed To A Poker Run Sign-up And Their Is A Claim. I See The Nyc Run Was Suppose To Have A Capped 100/109 Mph Speed Limit. It Is Going To Continue To Clamp Down. Do The Right Thing In The Right Forum. By The Way, This Is Not A Fountain Bash Because Everyone Is Doing It So Take A Step Back And See If It Applies.
Old 06-20-2006, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggame
looks like another manufacturer feels the same way
So now we have Nortech and Cig complaining that Fountain did a press release on Fountains own web site.

We all agree that Poker Runs are not "races" in the pure sense of the word. BUT the big guys have always hung it out to see who was fastest at them. In Jacksonville, the big guns from Nortech, Foutain and MTI were there. (never saw anything about any really fast Cigs being around) They went up against each other and from what has been posted, The Fountain "V" only had Speed Racer that could keep up with him. So Fountain bragged about it. Big Deal.

My understanding is that the boats involved were willing partcipants in the "match" between them. I don't believe that they were running through other boats at the speeds they were running.

What is any different in this then the trophy that until this year was given to the King of the Hudson?

Cig's comment that race boats shouldn't be allowed in poker runs makes no sense. there are probably only a few race boats that can run anywhere near the speeds that the big cats can run. So what would that accomplish? Next is he gonna say that Cats shouldn't be in poker runs either because they are too fast?
Old 06-20-2006, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainmn
Anyone else find it odd that Fountain markets the sit-down 42 as the "42 Poker Run Edition", yet brings a canopied race boat to a poker run?
How many canopied cats were there???
Old 06-20-2006, 01:04 PM
A to Z
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by the duke
How many canopied cats were there???
no race boats, just nor-techs retractable 6 seater..
Old 06-20-2006, 01:07 PM
Registered

My Boats: 2002 Outer Limits 51'

13 pages and almost 7000 hits on this thread. Hmm I think Reggie got exactly what he wanted. The Fountain name is being advertised and it ain't costin him a thing. Excelent move Reggie. My hats off to you.
Old 06-20-2006, 01:10 PM
Registered

My Boats: 88 Cigarette cafe racer

Isnt it funny to that Reggie is bashing an MTI built boat. I think he has an axe to grind with Randy Scism I guess. If you remember right MTI started out as a Joint venture with Reggie and Randy when Reggie wanted to get in the cat business . I think they built a couple boats (Fountain/Scism cats) and parted ways. now look at how well MTI is doing they are even out selling and out performing Skaters which were the big dogs of the fast cat market.
Old 06-20-2006, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDadys93x
Isnt it funny to that Reggie is bashing an MTI built boat. .
where is he bashing anyone? and MTI wasn't the only cat in Jax that Fountain beat