Notices

Cat Killer !

Old 06-18-2006, 10:05 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Cat Killer !

Originally Posted by offshoredrillin
not all business is good business, and you may call it a sales tool, I call it poor judgement. I own a 42 Cig tiger, my girlfriend owns a 42 fountain with trip 525's and a Searay. I would be just as yanked had Skip Braver said this as it has the potential to affect me as well. Don't be so quick to think everyone in the world covets what others have.

GF has faster boats than you?
Old 06-18-2006, 10:09 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by BLee
You mean TAKE his money.

That Fountain hauls ass but they need to put down the pipe saying it's a cat killer. There are a TON of cats that will destroy that boat in any condition. It's a fast vee though!
I guess just none of them were at Jax..
Old 06-18-2006, 10:15 PM
Charter Mod
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by cuda
I guess just none of them were at Jax..
Guess not. Alot of them were in Puerto Rico racing with other raceboats.
Old 06-18-2006, 10:17 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Just my opinion and remember I had a concussion...........you fellas take this boating stuff a little to seriously................M.M........
Old 06-18-2006, 10:26 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

You mean TAKE his money.

That Fountain hauls ass but they need to put down the pipe saying it's a cat killer. There are a TON of cats that will destroy that boat in any condition. It's a fast vee though!
I have to disagree. Outerlimits has proved many times that their big V's can outrun cats in rough water.
Old 06-18-2006, 10:30 PM
Charter Mod
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Semper Fi
I have to disagree. Outerlimits has proved many times that their big V's can outrun cats in rough water.
Yeah, I'm not saying EVERY cat ever built will outrun any vee bottom. I'm just saying that in general cats are faster than vee's when powered equally. Outerlimits and Fountain build some serious machines that deserve credit for their accomplishments. It will be fun to see the new Outerlimits cat when they complete it.
Old 06-18-2006, 10:30 PM
Ginger or Mary Ann?
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Without waving my Fountain flag...

Was watching my Pegged DVD this weekend. Forget which poker run it was covering, but there was a few minutes devoted to a cat running with on board video showing it's 165mph?? speed and the comment being said about no one even close behind them, (or at least the jest of it). Guess I should have paid more attention to the details, but was more interested in the eye candy shots.

Speeds/crowds at poker runs are insane/unsafe. Those speeds should be saved for the race course where all the drivers are experienced, not just a few. Just my 2 cents

Last edited by US1 Fountain; 06-18-2006 at 10:47 PM.
Old 06-18-2006, 11:11 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Tick tock
Old 06-18-2006, 11:16 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Jesse James
I would be willing to bet that was not the case if speed was out in front he would have stayed there until the first stop..but that is just my opinion so what do i know..
Speed didn't even see Roses till after the first card stop, he started toward the back. Then they took off from there. All that we could see at 128 was roostertails!!
Old 06-18-2006, 11:21 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Yeah, I'm not saying EVERY cat ever built will outrun any vee bottom. I'm just saying that in general cats are faster than vee's when powered equally.
That I can agree with you. I have been at a few poker runs out in the Pacific Ocean where the Cigarettes and Outerlimits dominated the cats in rough water. There were some big cats with big power and they counldn't run with the fast V's. A 43' Scarab has been the fastest boat to Catalina (Scope Poker Run) Island from Long Beach past 2 yrs running

Quick Reply: Cat Killer !

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.