Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Exhaust down tubes. Whos using them? >

Exhaust down tubes. Whos using them?

Notices

Exhaust down tubes. Whos using them?

Old 06-22-2006, 03:49 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Exhaust down tubes. Whos using them?

Originally Posted by LubeJobs42
I figure before I piss off all my new neihbors I better do something about my exhaust. I know some people are using an elbo on their tail pipes that put the exhaust underwater at idle and above water on plane. We contacted Gibson but they only make them for 4" and 4.5" tailpipes. Who makes them for 5"? Anyone using them? Do they work well?

Off Subject, We drove past your marina on Sunday, All I can say is SCHWEET RIDE!
Old 06-22-2006, 05:31 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

they make them in 6"?
Old 06-22-2006, 05:58 PM
Banned

we have 2 great sources now with capabilities up to 6.5" pipes, we have now made several for a totally custom applications, mostly because of drive and tie bar restrictions, most companies just offer one standard length bend and drop dimension, my 5" ones for my triple engine nortech needed special length to clear drives and drop after tie bars, they are bolgna cut and over 30" long, they can also accept a slip in muffler by 2 set screws, They sit 3 inches below water surface and dropped dcb's from 104 to 83, can now hear blower whine, no reversion possible, they run from 500$ pr.and up depending on size and length, they are the answer, does not effect performance at all, email us if you need a quote, Wiggler
Old 06-22-2006, 06:57 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by wiggler4490
we have 2 great sources now with capabilities up to 6.5" pipes, we have now made several for a totally custom applications, mostly because of drive and tie bar restrictions, most companies just offer one standard length bend and drop dimension, my 5" ones for my triple engine nortech needed special length to clear drives and drop after tie bars, they are bolgna cut and over 30" long, they can also accept a slip in muffler by 2 set screws, They sit 3 inches below water surface and dropped dcb's from 104 to 83, can now hear blower whine, no reversion possible, they run from 500$ pr.and up depending on size and length, they are the answer, does not effect performance at all, email us if you need a quote, Wiggler
how much for a 36 nor tech? 6'' good buddy price?
Old 06-22-2006, 07:11 PM
Registered

Received 156 Likes on 84 Posts

Do they only fit MTI,s?
Old 06-22-2006, 08:39 PM
Banned

the nortech 36 is a tough one, which I have alot of experience with, turndowns are very odd looking on it, they look like ram horns with no platform covering them, you again have to clear the tie bar, really tough to quiet the 36 without a complete factory replumb with drop tailpipes inside the transom exiting the transom, we can make you some if you want, they will be around 1,000-1200pr.they are 6"cmi tailpipes depending on your power there are only a couple of add on mufflers that will quiet the 36. wiggler
Old 06-22-2006, 10:57 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Bobthebuilder
Just installed mine last week when we went to Lake Winnipesaukee. It is unbelievable the difference. With mine they can come off in 20 minutes if I'm in an area where noise is not an issue. Wish I had put them on long ago.
My top end speed was off about 3 MPH and I am not sure yet if this was a factor or not.
Remember salt water is more bouyant than fresh. Boats generally run faster in salt...
Old 06-22-2006, 11:33 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 121 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by damdonzi
I thought I saw you in Wolfeboro last Saturday. Even from a distance that is one beautiful rig.
Yes that was us alright. Went to Wolfeboro for lunch. Accompanied by Brian & Karen in their 39 Nor Tech. We loved Lake Winnipisaukee. Beautiful water you have there.
Old 06-22-2006, 11:43 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 121 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by klmken
Remember salt water is more bouyant than fresh. Boats generally run faster in salt...
Right. There have been some threads on that subject. Also we had full fuel and a boat load of people. That'll do it.
Don't want to have to go back south with the boat till fall to see tripple digits! Too nice up here right now.
btb
Old 06-23-2006, 07:05 AM
rv
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Jim,
I left you a voice message about contacting the tubing bender
in St Louis. Would you please call me back with his number. I don't need any welding, just tube bent.

Thanks,
Rick 847-874-2035

Quick Reply: Exhaust down tubes. Whos using them?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.