Speed Racer calling Reggie! >

Speed Racer calling Reggie!

Notices

Speed Racer calling Reggie!

Old 06-25-2006, 03:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Speed Racer calling Reggie!

Originally Posted by animalhouse
Rio Roses ran with no regards of safety to anybody else around them. 150+ through no wake zones is flat out dangerous!!!!
How many people saw Rio Roses do this????? So far the only one that has said it is the crew of SR that "claims" they slowed down for it.
Old 06-25-2006, 03:26 PM

Originally Posted by Formula Outlaw
And Ed, I usually agree with your posts, however, I have FIRSTHAND witnessed Mr. Fountain's arrogant egotistical side of his personality. Make no mistake about that. I am not denying what he has accomplished, but he can be a real jerk..
I've had the same experience with Reggie that Ed has. Super nice guy, and more than willing to BS about boats when he knew I wasn't buying.

I'm sure he does have an arrogant side. Most of us do. and I'd guess he has an ego. But he has the record to back up that ego. Who else out there today building boats has anywhere near his record???
Old 06-25-2006, 03:30 PM
Driver-441
Racer

Received 1,073 Likes on 283 Posts

Reggie said he wanted to race him in the rough because v's are better in rough. Personally, i would rather be in a cat at 100+ in the rough. Vee's may ride better in the rough but arent nearly as stable.
Old 06-25-2006, 03:33 PM

Originally Posted by animalhouse
I have a question for the fountain people, Is Rio Roses a registered boat? Was it even legal to be on public waters. I know that race boats are exempt in a race event only, but as we know (contrary to fountains opinion) That event was not a race.

Does it have a hull number, proper insurance for pleasure boating. Most race policys only limit liability coverage to races and testing. This was neither. Did it have a functioning horn or navigational lights?

XXX in it's former conficuration (162 mph) as well as it's current configuration (125 mph) was registered, insured, and coast guard compliant with running lights, and all required safety equipment.

I know it doesn't mean anything in the scheme of things, but running an unregistered, uninsured, non coast guard conforming vessel in a charity poker run also leads to the level of irresponsibility.
The only people that this matters to is the USCG, and any Florida Marine Police that were there. You can be sure that safty wise, vests/fire ext, etc that the boat was better equipted than most out there. Numbers etc who knows. Waivers are easy to get. Fountain as a public company has liability insurance that is far in excess of any thing private boats have, so does that about cover it? I don't think that flares to signal a problem was a big deal, as having your own Chopper watching is a quicker rescue
Old 06-25-2006, 03:34 PM

Originally Posted by fast fun 2
Reggie said he wanted to race him in the rough because v's are better in rough. Personally, i would rather be in a cat at 100+ in the rough. Vee's may ride better in the rough but arent nearly as stable.
In some water thats true. In some its not. Your Dad or Shane can tell you which. Shane gave me the 5 minute lesson this weekend.
Old 06-25-2006, 05:47 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by CMG
i guess you see what you want to see - there is a clip of the Fountain running close to the helo so it appears to be going faster BUT even with the creative editting (why did it not continue?) it never shows it pass the cat.
Are you telling me in the video when Rio and Speed racer are sitting side by side and the Rio clearly pulls away that's editing? Uh, not a chance.

I guess we do know who "sees what they want to see".

Last edited by Fanatic; 06-25-2006 at 05:50 PM.
Old 06-25-2006, 05:50 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Formula Outlaw
When it's apples vs. apples all that Fountain is going to see is the rooster tail by the cats going by him.
And you know the top speed of Rio and all the cats to make such a claim?
Old 06-25-2006, 05:59 PM
Registered

The theme here I see is consistent Reggie bashing for being "irresponsible" and "driving at unsafe speeds" yet the cats were open canopy pleasure boats with PASSENGERS driving at the same speeds or as claimed by Speed Racer even faster! We even have a 174 mph GPS picture in Speed racer yet it's all Reggie bashing and Reggies fault. Why is that?
Not one post about SR or the 150 mph cats being irresponsible...

A lot of hypocricy here.
Old 06-25-2006, 06:21 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by F-32
ps: sorry Fevermike but when you consistently act that cocky in public, then have the balls to hire a video crew to film you talking like that, then edit it, and release it as a promo, you ask for some ribbing.... I think Roy's accomplishments are very impressive, I just don't personally respond favorably to his marketing crap
I didn't edit the video. Were did you get that from...I am not even associated with Fountain. Nice 1st post by the way...you will probably hide behind the keyboard like so many other wannabe's too. I just agreed with Ed's post and a lot of people on here act totally childish by attacking a person's looks....me saying that and agreeing with Ed C's post is not acting cocky.
Old 06-25-2006, 06:32 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Fanatic
The theme here I see is consistent Reggie bashing for being "irresponsible" and "driving at unsafe speeds" yet the cats were open canopy pleasure boats with PASSENGERS driving at the same speeds or as claimed by Speed Racer even faster! We even have a 174 mph GPS picture in Speed racer yet it's all Reggie bashing and Reggies fault. Why is that?
Not one post about SR or the 150 mph cats being irresponsible...

A lot of hypocricy here.
I totally agree...just because it's Fountain and that this site is full of Fountain haters or boating wannabe's it's really odd that they only jump on Fountain for going 170+ but not Speed Racer or all the other 140+mph boat at that poker run.

Quick Reply: Speed Racer calling Reggie!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.