Internet Fraud? Please Help

Notices

Internet Fraud? Please Help

Old 06-26-2006, 08:29 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Re: Internet Fraud? Please Help

Originally Posted by SHESAIDSO
i have never ever sold any thing that i wouldn't unwind the deal the next day, i have had people complain about stuff and i allways say " if you are not happy bring it back and i'll give your money back" if you have to lie to sell it then you are a crook! if you make a mistake in the discription you should unwind the deal if the buyer requests. or make a consession your choice
I agree with you 100% - that's what I meant about being a stand-up guy.
When I sold the BMW, and people inquired to the condition (1998), I took photos of every ding, scratch, interior imperfection and e-mailed the photos. I never tried to deceive the bidder.
I mentioned in the original add that it wasn't showroom, and if interested, I'll send more details.
Did it the same way when I sold my Harley.

I don't know why you would purchase the boat (sounds like a significant purchase if the difference of 1 year of make is a $6000+ difference) without surveying, or checking the HIN.
I understand, might have been excited and just dropped the coin, but you had plenty of time to research.
I'm working on a boat deal right now, and the dealer didn't even know the maker - within 15 mins of research I knew the true maker, and within 1-2 days (through the use of a few boat boards - started right here on OSO) I have a phone number for the original owner (thanks everyone for your help ).
Sorry, but I still say - lesson learned.
Not everyone out there is honest, and let it be a lesson.
Years ago, I built a house for a "friend" - wound up getting soaked for 50K, caused a divorce, loss of house, loss of boat, loss of truck.
But that's a whole 'nother fiasco.
I reiterate - lesson learned.
Good Luck, and, quitcherb!tchen and enjoy your boat. - and make sure you get that Title!!!!
Old 06-26-2006, 08:55 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I feel your pain, I know you don't want to hear this but this scenario comes up about once a week here. A guy doesn't get a survey, does his reasearch afterthe sale and discovers problems. At this point you'll be lucky to get the title at all, the year being off is the least of your problems. If this guy actually comes up with the title, count your blessings and enjoy the boat.

ATTENTION ALL PROSPECTIVE BUYERS !!: GET A SURVEY

Just for the record I'm not a marine surveyor
Old 06-26-2006, 08:59 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by bouyhunter
I agree with you 100% - that's what I meant about being a stand-up guy.
When I sold the BMW, and people inquired to the condition (1998), I took photos of every ding, scratch, interior imperfection and e-mailed the photos. I never tried to deceive the bidder.
I mentioned in the original add that it wasn't showroom, and if interested, I'll send more details.
Did it the same way when I sold my Harley.

I don't know why you would purchase the boat (sounds like a significant purchase if the difference of 1 year of make is a $6000+ difference) without surveying, or checking the HIN.
I understand, might have been excited and just dropped the coin, but you had plenty of time to research.
I'm working on a boat deal right now, and the dealer didn't even know the maker - within 15 mins of research I knew the true maker, and within 1-2 days (through the use of a few boat boards - started right here on OSO) I have a phone number for the original owner (thanks everyone for your help ).
Sorry, but I still say - lesson learned.
Not everyone out there is honest, and let it be a lesson.
Years ago, I built a house for a "friend" - wound up getting soaked for 50K, caused a divorce, loss of house, loss of boat, loss of truck.
But that's a whole 'nother fiasco.
I reiterate - lesson learned.
Good Luck, and, quitcherb!tchen and enjoy your boat. - and make sure you get that Title!!!!
I still think i have a legal and moral case . most all boats devalue at 8 -10 percent a year. when looking for a new boat thats what i wanted----a new boat! but if you have a 03 with 12 hrs , the boat looks the same as new, the price thousands less! sure i'm interested, anyway if i sold you a 2003 boat, when i provided the docks [title] and it was not a 2003 i would have to refund your money, right? then if your were still interested we would have to renegotiat the deal. i couldn't force you to buy the boat the problem here was he couldn't pay off the boat unless i gave him the money
Old 06-26-2006, 09:07 PM
Registered

Wow That Is Hard To Read....And Hard To Type Every Word With A Capitol Letter. Why Do Some People Do That? I've Seen It Before?
Old 06-26-2006, 09:26 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by PhantomChaos
Wow That Is Hard To Read....And Hard To Type Every Word With A Capitol Letter. Why Do Some People Do That? I've Seen It Before?
Dunno..... NORTY!!!!! Who types all in caps? A POODLE?.....
Old 06-26-2006, 09:34 PM
Registered

Dude,
I'm not defending the putz that sold you this boat but you are missing the point. There is no "moral police", no "moral court".
The real courts suck as it is. A little homework on your part and you could have avoided this whole thing.Those hour meters may be the only thing on the boat with 12 hours on them. The engines may not be original. You might never see your seller, or your title, again.
Old 06-26-2006, 09:41 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by PhantomChaos
Why Do Some People Do That?
Either crazy or trying to look
Old 06-26-2006, 09:41 PM
Registered

If the guy has a legit business I would run a D&B to help settle my nerves while all this is being straightened out.
Old 06-26-2006, 09:52 PM
Registered

I'm looking for a riverside cal. lawer to take this case
Old 06-26-2006, 09:56 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by satisfactionII
Either crazy or trying to look
Does this post have anything to do with anything?

Quick Reply: Internet Fraud? Please Help

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.