Internet Fraud? Please Help

Notices

Internet Fraud? Please Help

Old 06-26-2006, 10:56 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Internet Fraud? Please Help

Originally Posted by BajaFresh
BTW, being a Poodle is not a good thing!

Get that prop squared away so you can haul out to the Catalina races in a couple weeks. Believe it or not, I'm taking a day off and headed out.
THOUGHT YOU COULDN'T TAKE A DAY OFF?
YOU NEED TO QUIT SHAVING YOUR LEG, IT'S GIVING ME A RASH
POODLE
Old 06-26-2006, 11:16 PM
Registered

Received 63 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by SHESAIDSO
THOUGHT YOU COULDN'T TAKE A DAY OFF?
YOU NEED TO QUIT SHAVING YOUR LEG, IT'S GIVING ME A RASH
POODLE

Hey, I'm putting in the hours, building a business so I can be a balla like you someday!

Quit humping my leg and I won't have to shave.

BTW: all caps is like SHOUTING on the interent. Must I tell you everything?
Old 06-26-2006, 11:42 PM
Registered

geeezzz this thread got stupid..............
Old 06-27-2006, 08:57 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by GOODT
geeezzz this thread got stupid..............
Thanks for your first on topic reply, what i was trying to find out was what would most people do? Seems that most people would just let it go and forget about it. either they don't have the time, or the money to do anything. they all seem to agree that the guy is a crook and that i am a dumb a$$ for buying it, Any way these are reasons not to buy a boat that has not been paid off before it goes up for sell.
Old 06-27-2006, 10:24 AM
Registered

I really do not think the title issue is going to go unresolved, with two separate checks written and documented, one to the bank and one to the owner, you have left a fairly solid "paper trail". Being a dumba**, well a crook is a crook (reguardless of how large or small the crime), and they can con the most intellegent individuals, when morals and trust in your fellow man is something you should feel ashamed of, something is wrong. The fellow you bought the boat from, is acting as a weasel, reguardless of buyer beware, I would rather have my honor intact, than to make a few extra dollars, too bad this man doesnt feel the same way, that makes him the dum@ss in my book.
Old 06-27-2006, 11:39 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by SHESAIDSO
thanks for the help
No Problem Glad To Help
Old 06-27-2006, 02:36 PM
Registered

No offense to anyone but this story does not quite add up(or maybe I'm crazy here). We already covered the facts of no mechanic inspection, no survey, no escrow agent. Did he have a registration? In FL the year and make are printed on it. Did he have his original bill of sale which also should show the year? How do you even know this guy owned the boat. For all you know he could be a dumpster diving can collector who happened to be standing around at the marina. Can you scan in the ad copy or post a link to it ?
Old 06-27-2006, 02:50 PM
Registered

I would start with a letter from an attorney, this is a good scare tactic, then I would contact Key Bank to be sure it is paid off, they have the Title so get it from them. As far as a full blown suit, forget it, you will not come out ahead, maybe a moral victory but the only ones who win in court are the attorneys. I would say that this moral victory is not worth the money, I know, I got screwed by a dealer and broke even. Once again the performance boat industry has claimed another victom, I was screwed twice, the first time very bad, the second, with a full survey and many people looking at it with me still had a fuel leak, I even asked why the tanks were not full for storage and he lied, I found out when I filled them and found 10 gallons of fuel in the bilge. I am thru with them, if it is brand new I will buy it, otherwise these are treated like dirt bikes and it is buyer beware....and be aware because the seller will do whatever it takes to sell the boat. How some people live with themselves is beyond me, they could sell their mom to make a buck. Now post a name and number and we will make this jerk feel like the POS he is. Otherwise, get the title, make sure it is your boat, and enjoy the boat, the best revenge is to use the boat and do everything you can to bash the dude, let people know he is a crook, and just plain make him feel like a piece of trash.
Old 06-27-2006, 03:04 PM
Registered

Ok, first of all... welcome to OSO. (And welcome to boating.)

You will find many different opinions on here... try to take the good with the bad, since you have posted on a public forum.

Second of all.... since everybody else has pretty much already told you that you probably are not even the legal owner of that boat... (Legal owners can produce a title and/or a registration) I will move on to a topic that hasn't been covered. NADA Blue book values on boats.

NADA blue book values on boats are complete BS. Maybe the bank uses them... but nobody else does. Especially on highly modified perf boats.

The value of a boat is what someone is willing to pay for it. Period.

You were willing to pay what you paid. If you find out that some other guy (or bank) doesn't also think that they own that boat... try to register it and go boating.
You could pull up to a nice bar with a bunch of other boaters and ask their opinion of your deal. If you get any responses that you don't like, cop an attitude.
Just be sure not to run with your fenders out or they will call you a poodle.
Old 06-27-2006, 03:51 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ahhhhhhhh, this thread got sweet two guys that know each other on the street just re connected on the internet, but because the one guy is called
Shesaidso (sorrydumbname) the other guy did not know they knew each other . Anyway just kidding welcome to the site, unfortunately you have to have thick skin because of the many bozos that frequent the board, and if you do something dumb rest assured everyone will let you know about it. I do lots of dumb things but I use the excuse that I am blond Stick around because there is a ton of good information and before long you will be giving as good as you get good luck with your problem

Quick Reply: Internet Fraud? Please Help

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.