Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
My boating days may be over. >

My boating days may be over.

Notices

My boating days may be over.

Old 07-02-2006, 10:40 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: My boating days may be over.

Gino, I would imagine that you were probably boating in Florida when this happened. At this time of the year it is so hot and humid in Florida I can hardly even stand to be on the boat without getting headaches and feeling week and tired. I am no spring chicken but I also don't have a piece of equipment like you have. Why dont you take it easy and limit the boating during the summer as it probably can be really hard on you, especially cause you can become dehydrated in minutes in Florida at this time of the year.

Also I would recommend a cover over the Drivers area and some air conditioning. I saw a 39 Outerlimits with this setup and it was real nice and comfortable.

Limit your boating to early evening when its not so hot and have the boat waiting at the dock for you and just jump in and drive. I am sure Larry can set up this type of concierge service for you.

Good luck and let me know if you need anything. I have several guys I know down there that will be your rope b**** and do all the hard work to enjoy a boat ride.
Old 07-02-2006, 10:57 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by LapseofReason

If you not living for something your dying for nothing

Keep that in mind!!!

Take your Doc's advice but don't give up living, it wouldn't be worth it.

Good Luck.
Old 07-02-2006, 10:58 AM
Registered

Don't give it up. Modifiy, adjust or change as needed. Giving up could cause more of a problem for you than just lightening up a little and taking a rest.
I'm sitting here with on a nice weekend without a boat that's up and running and it sucks. The last time I was out on the water was in February with the Lucky Strikes 1,2,3, and Mrs L.S. What a great time! Take Steves advice and just get some help with the chores and take a co-pilot with you just in case. Now, it's back to sanding and prepping the drives for paint.

Roger
Old 07-02-2006, 11:12 AM
Registered

Here's my take:

We're all going to die. Just like the classic line from the movie "Gladiator" - "In the end, we're all dead men. Sadly, most don't get to choose how."

In one of his last interviews before he died Michael Landon (little Joe on Gunsmoke) put it best. He was dying of cancer - he said: "Live every day to the fullest, tomorrow is not guaranteed. If I could go back I would do many things differently."

You could be killed in a car wreck on the way to that doctor's appointment - you never know. Live your life on your terms and you'll be happer and healthier for it.
Old 07-02-2006, 11:13 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by OffshoreOnly
Good luck and let me know if you need anything. I have several guys I know down there that will be your rope b**** and do all the hard work to enjoy a boat ride.
Add another to the list.. Comes with tow vehicle and experiance

It will be interesting to hear what the doc says tomorrow.. Good luck with this, IMO you will persevere though!
Old 07-02-2006, 11:16 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 30 Likes on 15 Posts

Alot of good advise on the board. I'm just glad you are ok. Take it easy till Monday, let them diagnose the unit as well as yourself. Please keep us informed, thanks Jeff

Take that boat off the Classified section, you put way to much effort at this time in your life to be second guessing your situation. This is no different then work, you have a situation, you resolve the situation like you always do, and move on. Wait till Monday, and if it is not what you want to hear get a second opinion. Life is a scare, if you truly enjoy boating, you will find alternative mearsures to keep you in boating, good luck this holiday weekend, Im also at home with an injury, so I feel your pain brotha. Jeff

Last edited by Jassman; 07-02-2006 at 12:05 PM.
Old 07-02-2006, 11:55 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Gino-
If your anything like my me or my dad, someone else driveing or getting the ropes may add more stress. Aside from that though, since my boat is a pita sometimes, id be more then happy to come help out with yours whenever im in the area. AC woudl be great down here now with the heat and humidty. My dad has one on his SF by the helm. or maybe even one of those misters.
-Rick
Old 07-02-2006, 12:49 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

lube, make it your new goal to find out everything you can to bring your heart health up to snuff and i'm not just talking more pharmaceuticals. there have been tremendous advances in things that build hearth health over the past 2-3 years. just a quick note about how wise we have to be about things that are prescribed to us: lipitor - sure it really does lower cholesterol; also depletes co-enzyme Q-10, one of the most critical substances for long term organ health. i could go on and on; point is your doc and meds may well save your life and fix stuff short term but for great cardiac health you're gonna have to dig deeper. i can point you in the rigfht direction. -jeff 503-975-0551
Old 07-02-2006, 12:55 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Gino,
I hope everyhting works out for you. (hopefully) worst case scenario is that you have to by a cruiser like a nice Sunseeker and relax more on that thing. Good luck.
Old 07-02-2006, 01:04 PM
Registered

A. You were not boating you were on the dock=not boatings fault

B. That happened to my boss a rewire and he was good as new. Faulty defib.

Good luck at DR.

Quick Reply: My boating days may be over.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.