UPDATE!  Opinions Wanted - Donzi Severely Blistering >

UPDATE! Opinions Wanted - Donzi Severely Blistering

Notices

UPDATE! Opinions Wanted - Donzi Severely Blistering

Old 10-13-2001, 12:35 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down UPDATE! Opinions Wanted - Donzi Severely Blistering

First, I apologize for not updating my site earlier and everyone who has been following my saga. I actually thought Donzi Marine and I were in serious negotiations. However, they have ignored my many attempts to continue negotiating after I turned down their sole "offer" to take my boat back and replace it with a new 2002 26’ZX PLUS an additional $45,000 from me for what I feel are obvious reasons.

Since the negotiations seem to have broken down, I have now posted the results of the joint survey conducted on my boat. Please visit http://blisterboat.homestead.com and click on the survey links to view the actual survey. I have also included the scanned pictures taken by the surveyors. However, the original pictures on my site at (http://blisterboat.homestead.com/photoalbum.html) are of superior quality.

Please read the survey, Donzi’s "proposal", my response to their "proposal" and post any comments you may have regarding it. Remember, the survey is a joint survey conducted by a Certified Marine Surveyor furnished by Donzi Marine and a Certified Marine Surveyor furnished by myself. Their results were reached jointly and unanimously.

I look forward to your comments.

Regards,
Chris
Old 10-13-2001, 01:14 PM
Charter Member#157
Charter Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Thumbs down

WOW
Thats about all I can say.
Sorry for your troubles.
Maybe that is one reason why I will never buy a mass Produced boat again.
I hear alot about customer satisfactioin against big builders.
I have had a couple issues on my boat that was taken care of immediatly and professionaly. But mine is custom made.

One heck of a great webpage that you produced. Wish I knew how to do that stuf to mine to help PROMOTE it.
Best of luck in your endeavor to get things resovled.
Old 10-13-2001, 02:44 PM
WES311SR1

that sucks the big one guy. make them give you a Formula for your troubles.

Old 10-13-2001, 02:45 PM
NICKSLICK

You should have replied as one of your demands...

"Buy me a SCARAB!"

(just kidding of course!)

[ 10-13-2001: Message edited by: NICKSLICK ]

Old 10-13-2001, 08:52 PM
Frank Civitano

There is a couple of things that are bothering me?
1. In 1996 I bought a Donzi with gelcoat problems in a year, They took my boat back no problem.
2. If I remember about 2 years ago you started with this problem?
3. Didn't you buy the boat from that dealer knowing the problem and then you got a great deal. See I remember your boat.
4. If you have a great case a Good Lawyer would be the first thing you should have in your ball park? Unless you signed some waiver when you bought the boat. Then you have a problem. All boat companys have defective boats that they either crush are sell cheaper and some people like to buy these boats at great prices. sometimes it is not worth the headache. I cant believe a company would walk away from a boat that looks like that.

Old 10-13-2001, 10:05 PM
Registered

Frank,

To address your concerns.

1. In 1996 I bought a Donzi with gelcoat problems in a year, They took my boat back no problem.

Good for you I’m glad they took care of your problem. This isn’t 1996.

2. If I remember about 2 years ago you started with this problem?

Your memory is correct. That information is clearly posted on my website as well.

3. Didn't you buy the boat from that dealer knowing the problem and then you got a great deal. See I remember your boat.

Now your making stuff up. You are incorrect. Read the joint survey. Sales contract is clearly marked as new - validated by both surveyors. I received a new boat warranty - validated by both surveyors. No visible problems with gelcoat when boat was purchased. The survey also states that nearly ALL the gelcoat is defective, even where it isn’t blistering. Read the survey. I’m glad you remember my boat, it is pretty hard to forget when you see the pictures of the extensive blistering. If your hinting around about something else, I’d like to hear it.

4. If you have a great case a Good Lawyer would be the first thing you should have in your ball park? Unless you signed some waiver when you bought the boat. Then you have a problem. All boat companys have defective boats that they either crush are sell cheaper and some people like to buy these boats at great prices. sometimes it is not worth the headache. I cant believe a company would walk away from a boat that looks like that.

I have a lawyer. Read the data. If I had a waiver, wouldn’t you think the surveyors would have pointed that out? Especially the one hired by Donzi Marine. That would certainly seem like an immediate end to this issue in favor of Donzi. To bad no such waiver exists. Remember, I have a new boat warranty.

Any pending lawsuit I might have does not prevent or detour me from getting opinions and informing fellow consumers about how Donzi has refused to take responsibility for this defective product. As far as a good case goes, I won’t make judgments on the merits of my case, my lawyer and a judge will make that determination.

I agree all boat companies make defective products. What measures a company is how they take care of it. By the way, my "great deal" was fair market value for a 1996 Donzi ZX, nothing less.

Again, if you read the data, say for example, their "proposal" to me posted on my website, I’m sure you will notice that the head of Customer Service at Donzi Marine is holding up the line from the warranty "blister are not covered". This despite a joint marine survey staring him right in the face that clearly points out that nearly all the gelcoat on the entire boat is defective. That includes the gelcoat that is blistering and the gelcoat that is (currently) not.

I can’t believe they would walk away from it either. Here is a fact for you, they are trying to and I’m not about to let them.

Read the data, don’t speculate, it’s all there. I will try to make it as clear as possible. In their warranty, that no one disputes I have, it states that blisters are not covered. That is their position and apparently they are holding firm to it. On the other hand there is me, holding the results of a joint survey that clearly states that there was a major problem with the gelcoat and it’s application on my boat at the time of manufacture. The blisters seem to be a symptom of the defective gelcoat.

Chris
Old 10-13-2001, 11:07 PM
speel chekk this fokker!
Charter Member

dude that frikkin blows!!!!!!!

After reading taht i would never buy a donzi. I can;t belive that Donzi witha straight face actually recommended bottom painting a performance hull.

Besyt fo luck gettin that resolved. If worse come to worse. Take the brand new boat an dteh $$$ sell the boat with out putting ANY hours on it and buy yourself a brand new 30+ footer.

And remember if all else fails there is always "THE BAT"
Old 10-13-2001, 11:31 PM
Enjoy the show
VIP Member

Dude, get ride of the page bar at the bottom of the page. Send me an email if you can't find out how.
Old 10-13-2001, 11:44 PM
Enjoy the show
VIP Member

Tell Donzi that you are going to start advertising your URL in Powerboat and hot boat. Small adds are cheap. That really sucks. I am amazed at their lack of response to your problem. Keep fighting. You'll win eventually.
Old 10-14-2001, 12:12 AM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
I know that BiggusDikkus on the site has a buddy up in Maine that had similiar problems. From what I have heard you two are not the only ones. Can you say Class action Law suit!!! Good luck man that is painfull to read.

Jon

Quick Reply: UPDATE! Opinions Wanted - Donzi Severely Blistering

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.