Here is the address for the pics.

http://photos.yahoo.com/bc/qst_4_it/lst?.dir=/RACE+BOATS&.view=t

Ken Jr.
Old 09-22-2001, 07:30 AM
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member

Received 49 Likes on 23 Posts
Thumbs up

Q, Nice pix of Jesse James. It brought back some memories of having it at Larry Wertzberger's shop in Point Pleasant,NJ for the paint work. Do you know where that boat is today?

[ 09-22-2001: Message edited by: SHARKEY ]
Old 09-22-2001, 08:54 AM
FASTCATS

Hi George,

Welcome to the board! This is what I was talking about when we spoke the other day. I am ready when you are to go forward with what we spoke about. We have a mutual friend that wants me to razz you about a few things, when we talk next!

Regards,

Scott Hutchinson

Old 09-22-2001, 08:59 AM
ScreaminDemon

Qst4IT - nice pictures...i gotta say, those cats have an aggressive look and lots of style.

Old 09-22-2001, 11:12 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sharky,
No I dont really know the exact local of this boat now, I believe it was bought by the Japanese some number of years ago, as a matter of fact one of the big RC toy companies from over there had a model With very very similar styling, and the exact same paint scheme.(maybee just coincidence)
I've made a few post on the message boards asking around myself to see if any members know where any of those cats are.

Ken
Old 09-22-2001, 12:33 PM
Registered

Hi George,
How have you been? It is really great to have you here! If you have been following the (2) threads that T2x has started, you might notice a “Love”-“Hate” relationship developing, and as you are very aware of, “no one can ever accuse T2x of not being opinionated! “. He certainly has developed a faithful following of readers. Your name has been thrown into the mix a few times by him, and thankfully so, If that was what it took to bring you to this board. A few posts back I stated I was proud to have owned a few of the best boats ever to have been designed, a 21 foot boat that thought it was 30 foot. This boat sent many bigger and “faster” boats back to the trailer wondering, “what the hell was that? And where did it come from” I can’t count how many times after beating one of these “faster” boats I looked behind me and I would see the engine hatch opening up, and some type of excuse being made for their loss.
To the rest of the followers of this thread, Please welcome “George Linder”, one of the only true boat designers the marine industry has ever known. Mr. Linder has designed and created, Never copied.
Welcome George!

[ 09-22-2001: Message edited by: Philip ]
Old 09-22-2001, 12:58 PM
Charter Member #415
Charter Member

I was at the Mercury Dealer Congress in 1975,where they introduced the 1976 models,and Merc's first V-6 outboard,the 175 Black Max.It was on a George Linder 21 Challenger vee,I ran the boat and I was amazed.Twenty-five years later I am still amazed when I get in a friend's 1982 2150 Hammond,not popped,Bob bought the running surface from George.And there are boats being built today popped from the 25 year old design. No one has ever equaled this in a 21 vee,a testament to timeless design.Welcome,George,build us some boats again,I'm tired of market trends
Old 09-22-2001, 11:10 PM
Enjoy the show
VIP Member

T2x or Qst4IT can you help me understand what type of drive was on the 48' Jesse James? From the photo it looks like a fixed shaft and seperate rudder setup?

Was this an early surface drive?
Old 09-22-2001, 11:19 PM
Registered

Ron P,
Yes this was essentially that, it was all specially designed & built for that boat, there was basicly nothing in that system that could be purchased off the shelf.

Ken Jr.
Old 09-23-2001, 01:39 AM
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member

Received 49 Likes on 23 Posts
Cool

Thanks Q, I too remember seeing the model out there for sale.

Quick Reply: Great Moments in Cat History

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.