Great Moments in Cat History

Notices

Great Moments in Cat History

Old 09-18-2001, 10:56 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
T2x,

Great info. I have a Chris Cat and love it. Thinking my next boat will be a Skater with canopies.

Fastcats,

Are looking at a canopy option for the 3100 or 3700?

mike
Old 09-18-2001, 06:46 PM
T2x
Allergic to Nonsense
Platinum Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts
Magicfloat---- Correct me if I'm wrong but was there a white and baby blue Seebold somewhere in your past?......
Old 09-18-2001, 07:09 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Thanks T2x. Keep posting!
Old 09-18-2001, 07:27 PM
Charter Member #415
Charter Member

No,T2x,no Seebold,I'm too old, only MaCalls and KitsonCrafts(and a couple of Checkmate tunnels) Your mention of Doug Pearl brought bback some nice memories.We always raced him,never could beat him,that ponytail flying out from his helmet,and the mind altering drugs keeping him going off the race course.We knew he was light but we just couldn't catch him. Finally at the Miami Nationals we protested on weight and found a remote drain system that allowed him to fill a hidden ballast tank that added 200# of water to make him legal weight.He was disqualified but I had to admire his ingenuity. Where is Doug now? I heard he died of a drug OD. Crazy guy,great racer.
Old 09-18-2001, 08:20 PM
T2x
Allergic to Nonsense
Platinum Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts
Magicfloat..... If you raced against Doug Pearl, than you must know John Sherlock pretty well eh? I'm afraid I don't know Doug's whereabouts... I hope he is still alive.

Catmando.... The reason I don't divulge my identity is that I am actually a consortium of international boating experts.... Raul, Waldo and Jacques...attempting to act like one author to keep you all guessing. Wait til I start on Inboard racing.....anyone remember the "Goody Wagon" or "Dasfireschpittenloudenboomer"? Now in comparing the Lauterbach to early Staudachers........
Old 09-18-2001, 08:35 PM
FASTCATS

T2x "junior member"... nothing junior about you, based on what I have read. BTW, I did call for Mr. Linder today and I hope that he returns my call tomorrow! Keep up the good work!

Katdrvr... we are having renderings made now so that we can take a look at the project.

Scott

Old 09-18-2001, 08:42 PM
Registered

Received 94 Likes on 22 Posts
T2x- why all the secrecy about your name? Whats the big deal?
Old 09-19-2001, 10:45 AM
Charter Member #415
Charter Member

I remember John Sherlock from the old SJ days,didn't know him well except he generally beat us.He was from Texas I believe,and generally right at the top of the point standings.
Old 09-19-2001, 11:47 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

T2x - Great posts. I only have one comment and that is your continued use of the term "popped". In all of my reading and learning of the copying of boats it is always refered to as a hull being "splashed". I have never seen the term "popped". If I'm wrong let me know. Thanks, Todd
Old 09-19-2001, 12:53 PM
FASTCATS

Thumbs up

Hi T2x,

Just got off of the phone with Mr. Linder and there is a very strong possibility that we may be working together. I like a lot of his ideas about future products for our company and it is more than obvious that he is a very smart man. He also filled me in on the history of the Chris/Shadow cats and where most all of it ended up. It was probably one of the nicest phone conversations that I have had in quite a while. We will be talking more later in the week.

Thank you for making the suggestion as this has turned out to be an exciting day for us.

Thank you,

Scott

Todd,

The term "popped" came up fairly often in our conversation.

[ 09-19-2001: Message edited by: FASTCATS ]

Quick Reply: Great Moments in Cat History

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.