Like Tree0Likes

Examples of Poker Run Stupidity

Reply
Old 12-10-2006, 10:42 AM
  #81
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
 
Jassman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Posts: 9,371
Default Re: Examples of Poker Run Stupidity

I have no problem with the No Alcohol as a driver on a poker run. My biggest problem is the PFDs. Can't honestly stand them. What do you guys do when not on a poker run, like a liesurly Sat. with some friends on the river or back bay going to a few spots or getting something to eat, have a few beers, craw fish boil and so on, and then come home. DO Y'ALL WEAR THESE LIFE JACKETS. WHICH CO. MAKES THE LEAST RESTRICTIVE PFDS. I would hate wearing them in our 90-95 degree heat with 90-100% humidity like we have here in the summers. Thanks for the advise. Jeff
Jassman is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006, 05:19 PM
  #82
Gold Member
Gold Member
 
augie58's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: wisconsin
My Boats: 98 formula 353
Posts: 486
Default Re: Examples of Poker Run Stupidity

just some random input

in wisconsin i have already had law enforcement stop me for people sitting on the sunpad at an idle. wisconsin law enforcement lives to do the "have you had a drink today" interogation

the more i particapate in poker runs the more i notice that mid pack there is the group of veterns that do not need to win braging rights and practice common sense. first implicitly i feel more comfortable around the mid pack, secondly i don't need to blow my boat up to have conversation at the bar later.

we all love our sport, the sun, laughing at /watching other boats etc. But if we don't use common sense and self police big brother will

Last edited by augie58; 12-10-2006 at 05:26 PM.
augie58 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006, 07:01 PM
  #83
Registered
Thread Starter
 
DaveP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Toms River, NJ
My Boats: 2004 36 Concept
Posts: 2,740
Default Re: Examples of Poker Run Stupidity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jassman
DO Y'ALL WEAR THESE LIFE JACKETS. WHICH CO. MAKES THE LEAST RESTRICTIVE PFDS. I would hate wearing them in our 90-95 degree heat with 90-100% humidity like we have here in the summers. Thanks for the advise. Jeff
We wear full Lifeline or Jet Ski type jackets during poker runs. If I am going offshore fishing alone I will wear the inflatable suspender type.

The suspender type jackets are not for any kind of "impact" as they will probably blow off of you if you hit the water at anykind of speed.

It gets pretty hot up here in NJ in July and August too with the humidity. It's only for 4-5 hours. Plus we unbuckle our jackets usually in no wake zones or when we are stopping for a card. Allows alittle "air" to blow on through.
DaveP is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006, 07:17 PM
  #84
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
 
Jassman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Posts: 9,371
Default Re: Examples of Poker Run Stupidity

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveP
We wear full Lifeline or Jet Ski type jackets during poker runs. If I am going offshore fishing alone I will wear the inflatable suspender type.

The suspender type jackets are not for any kind of "impact" as they will probably blow off of you if you hit the water at anykind of speed.

It gets pretty hot up here in NJ in July and August too with the humidity. It's only for 4-5 hours. Plus we unbuckle our jackets usually in no wake zones or when we are stopping for a card. Allows alittle "air" to blow on through.
Thanks Dave, I will check into it. Yesterday i received my Jan. edition PB Mag..read a section in the Editors report poker runs expand. I see how you are trying to help regulate the sport that we all love. Thank You again, excellent discussing this topic with you guys. Jeff
Jassman is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006, 11:43 PM
  #85
Rob
VIP Member
Trade Score: (6)
 
Strip Poker 388's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Madison,Mississippi
My Boats: Hustler 388
Posts: 21,567
Default Re: Examples of Poker Run Stupidity

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x6APB...elated&search=
__________________
.

The Only Time You Have To Much Ammo Is When Your Swimming Or On Fire.
Strip Poker 388 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 12:19 AM
  #86
Registered
Thread Starter
 
DaveP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Toms River, NJ
My Boats: 2004 36 Concept
Posts: 2,740
Default Re: Examples of Poker Run Stupidity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jassman
Thanks Dave, I will check into it. Yesterday i received my Jan. edition PB Mag..read a section in the Editors report poker runs expand. I see how you are trying to help regulate the sport that we all love. Thank You again, excellent discussing this topic with you guys. Jeff
Thanks and Thank you to everyone for participating in the discussion. We all just need to be pro-active with our sport before the government does it for us. (and you know it will be all F----- up then!
DaveP is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply

Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
GOODT
General Boating Discussion
0
09-12-2005 09:04 PM
Buddy OO
General Boating Discussion
71
07-30-2005 07:17 PM
Michelle May-Schmidt
General Boating Discussion
0
04-05-2002 08:43 AM



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:53 AM.


Copyright 2011 OffShoreOnly. All rights reserved.