Notices

Fountain CC issues

Old 11-27-2006, 04:16 PM
Geronimo36
Gold Member

Received 131 Likes on 36 Posts
Default Re: Fountain CC issues

Originally Posted by animalhouse
Fountain has a good hull, it's a shame they don't take any pride in the way they construct them. All of these problems could have been avoided if somebody took their head out of their azz when they were building it!
I guess that's the difference between a custom boat and a production boat....
Old 11-27-2006, 04:18 PM
Racer
Racer

Received 31 Likes on 19 Posts

Why did you get rid of the YF for a Fountain?
Old 11-27-2006, 04:20 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

Originally Posted by Ryan Beckley
Why did you get rid of the YF for a Fountain?
He thought the fish would rather ride on a Fountain.
Old 11-27-2006, 04:26 PM
Ginger or Mary Ann?
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I gotta say, I see your point. Just this weekend I have removed some of my cabin interior seating to gain access to areas and am somewhat disappointed to see all the wood chips from drilling the mounting holes still in between the seat panels. Appareantly holes are drilled, then panels are screwed in w/o cleaning up the mess 1st.
The lowest drain hole in the forward bulkhead in the bilge is a good 5-6" above the bottom of the boat. Have yet to figure out how they think any water will drain from inside the hull into the bilge. Good thing I don't allow water to get inside my boat. I also find a bunch of building trash left in the bottom of the hull.
But everything else considered, I love the boat and considered it to be a solid built boat. Just lacking detail to rigging in my opinion.
Old 11-27-2006, 05:09 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'd love to see a 36 Skater center console with a pair of diesels. You can mount the fighting chair on the tunnel between the motors.
Old 11-27-2006, 05:12 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Arrow Re: Fountain CC issues

I do like Fountains and feel the quality is actually up..but I feel your pain. All it takes is one bad one.

I must say I have been looking at the 35 & 38' Formulas. The quality is extremely good and the difference in speed seems to be present in a more solid structure and hull comfort. Not a bad trade-off.
Old 11-28-2006, 07:02 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by animalhouse
Where do I start? Bilge pumps not hard wired, boat filled up 3 feet of water in the bilge during transport to Florida. We have owned about 15 boats, and this is the first time I have ever seen the bige pump not hard wired to the batteries!!!!

Did I mention that the drain plug was out, but due to Fountains superb construction, the amount of debris and junk left in the boat from construction clogged itup solid!!!!!

Good luck getting either Fountain or Sundance Marine to call you back.............This sucks. Boat is brand new, with 4 hours on it, and all 4 batteries as well as all pumps need to be replaced. Beware if you own one, check your bildge pumps before it is too late.
Are you stuck with the boat?
Old 11-28-2006, 08:05 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

I own a 2006 38TE Fountain. I have around 120 hours on it so far with out any serious issues. I had some cosmetic marks on the center top tubes and a macerator went out and my dealer Sports USA Marine in St. Petersburgh FL sent there guy out to fix it the next day. Sports USA Marine is one AWESOME dealer!

I had a 2000 29 Fever and had lots of building debri that cloged up some drain holes. I back flushed and vaccumed it out and never had another problem. When I got my 38TE I washed and flushed everything and had very minor building debri. So far the boat has been very solid and runs awesome.
I agree that Fountain needs to address the building debri problem along with some serious clean up of the wire rigging issues. My bildge pumps are wired to the batteries so I do not know why yours were not. If the batteries are on or off the bildge pumps work.

Other than that the Fountain 38TE is one serious well running rig, solid, stable, dry, fast and good on gas.
Old 11-28-2006, 08:09 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

so far sundance has stepped up to the plate, no help from fountain yet. the boat will be fine, they are replacing every thing that went under water.
Old 11-28-2006, 08:18 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

very impressed with the hull, need to adress the outer engines being to high, but other than these quality control issues that should have been avoided t is a nice boat.

Quick Reply: Fountain CC issues

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.