Notices

Fountain CC issues

Old 11-29-2006, 06:41 PM
Geronimo36
Gold Member

Received 131 Likes on 36 Posts
Default Re: Fountain CC issues

Originally Posted by Downtown42
That's too bad. Sounds like the dealer isn't taking care of your problems. My pumps are wired direct and will come on with batteries off. Hopefully the dealer will stand up. You have a 1 yr warranty on everything. Get the bugs out and you should be good to go.

OL has occasional issues also. Here is a brand new 42 Legacy 850's and the fuel tank leaked. I can't imagine having the smell of gas thru-out the boat. Guess someone messed up when rigging. The floor had to be chop-sawed to access the fuel tank leaking problem, repaired and re-glassed. Hope they got all the debris out for the new owner because after spending 700+ the first owner dumped it. What a shame.

I'm guessing the bilge pumps weren't hard wired on Candy Shop. Hopefully OL replaced everything that was underwater. 3 1075's would be a hit, that's for sure. What a shame and one of my favorite boats

If the dealer isn't going to take care of you, call Shogren in Chicago, he would love to earn your business.
Hey, when ur down just start throwin stones at the other company!
Old 11-29-2006, 07:48 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Animalhouse, When I get home this weekend I will look and see what holes my Verados are mounted on and let you know. Fountain does test the boat before it leaves the factory and they really have the 38TE dialed in. I wonder why yours is mounted to high. I do not have the prop blow out problem you mentioned. I'm also just running stock Bravo 1 props that came with the boat and it runs really good with the stock props light or heavy load. Did you swap out props?
Too bad your dealer does not help out with you new boat. Sales and good pricing is one thing but service after the sale means everything.
Old 11-29-2006, 08:52 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Fever Mikes boat is very nice. What a cadillac of a ride. I'd love to have one!
Old 11-30-2006, 09:06 AM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Panther
Hey! it seems like people always love to jump on the band wagon and throw stones, bricks, bombs, missles and anything you can dream up at Fountain and Reggie personally.
Old 11-30-2006, 09:17 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Downtown42
That's too bad. Sounds like the dealer isn't taking care of your problems. My pumps are wired direct and will come on with batteries off. Hopefully the dealer will stand up. You have a 1 yr warranty on everything. Get the bugs out and you should be good to go.

OL has occasional issues also. Here is a brand new 42 Legacy 850's and the fuel tank leaked. I can't imagine having the smell of gas thru-out the boat. Guess someone messed up when rigging. The floor had to be chop-sawed to access the fuel tank leaking problem, repaired and re-glassed. Hope they got all the debris out for the new owner because after spending 700+ the first owner dumped it. What a shame.

I'm guessing the bilge pumps weren't hard wired on Candy Shop. Hopefully OL replaced everything that was underwater. 3 1075's would be a hit, that's for sure. What a shame and one of my favorite boats

If the dealer isn't going to take care of you, call Shogren in Chicago, he would love to earn your business.

Classic..........
Old 11-30-2006, 10:32 AM
Geronimo36
Gold Member

Originally Posted by FeverMike
Hey! it seems like people always love to jump on the band wagon and throw stones, bricks, bombs, missles and anything you can dream up at Fountain and Reggie personally.
In this particular case it's fact, not just someone rooting for the home team!

BTW, I'm only kiddin around...
Old 11-30-2006, 11:42 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Old 11-30-2006, 02:53 PM
Registered

I guess that's the difference between a custom boat and a production boat....
was gonna say exactly that, but you said it well...

as far as Midnights being slow; think about that for a moment. they're heavy for a reason, and that reason is seaworthiness. i challenge you to a long weekend of boating; smooth water, 4-6 footers (yeah, they do come up suddenly), rain, slosh, 4-6 footers, your woman on board, your kids on board, etc. which boat would you rather take your friends and family 100 miles offshore in? that slapped-together production fountain, or a real boat that the navy runs?

come to think of it, why don't you bring a fountain down to miami and we'll ocean-race to key west and back? we'll make it interesting, say a wager of $100,000. and no, I don't want the title to your fountain.

Last edited by warbird; 11-30-2006 at 02:57 PM.
Old 11-30-2006, 02:59 PM
Geronimo36
Gold Member

Originally Posted by warbird

as far as Midnights being slow; think about that for a moment. they're heavy for a reason, and that reason is seaworthiness. i challenge you to a long weekend of boating; smooth water, 4-6 footers (yeah, they do come up suddenly), rain, slosh, 4-6 footers, your woman on board, your kids on board, etc. which boat would you rather take your friends and family 100 miles offshore in? that slapped-together production fountain, or a real boat that the navy runs?

come to think of it, why don't you bring a fountain down to miami and we'll ocean-race to key west and back? we'll make it interesting, say a wager of $100,000. and no, I don't want the title to your fountain.
AMEN!!

This is also why some of us have Apache's and not Potato Chips but the chip owners don't understand why!
Old 11-30-2006, 03:20 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by warbird

I'm with you I wouldn't want the title either.

Quick Reply: Fountain CC issues

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.