Notices

Fountain CC issues

Old 11-30-2006, 03:26 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Fountain CC issues

Originally Posted by warbird
was gonna say exactly that, but you said it well...

as far as Midnights being slow; think about that for a moment. they're heavy for a reason, and that reason is seaworthiness. i challenge you to a long weekend of boating; smooth water, 4-6 footers (yeah, they do come up suddenly), rain, slosh, 4-6 footers, your woman on board, your kids on board, etc. which boat would you rather take your friends and family 100 miles offshore in? that slapped-together production fountain, or a real boat that the navy runs?

come to think of it, why don't you bring a fountain down to miami and we'll ocean-race to key west and back? we'll make it interesting, say a wager of $100,000. and no, I don't want the title to your fountain.

Warbird,

the intent of this thread was to warn people of some seious quality control issues that I had found, not to put down anybody elses boat. The Midnight express is too slow for my use, but it may be perfect for yours....The midnight is a great boat and nobody is questioning the midnight's ability to do anything.

The Fountain is just a supplemental boat to us, we use it for intercoastal running, and cruising around, as well as sail fishing in Florida and Shark fishing in Rhode Island. It serves our purpose of wanting a fast and functional boat, we weren't looking for an absolute battleship, that is where our 64 Viking comes in to play.

As far as a 100 K ocean race I'll think about it, but that would be stupid on your part, because the Fountain will run 75+ easily, and will runn 65 through just about anything I want to put it through, and with my fuel efficiency compared to that of the Midnight, while your re-fueling I will be traveling north. At 65 I have a 475 mile range, which should be more than enough.

Now can we get back to the point and agree that the midnight is a great boat, but not what I was looking for.
Old 11-30-2006, 03:30 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Downtown42
That's too bad. Sounds like the dealer isn't taking care of your problems. My pumps are wired direct and will come on with batteries off. Hopefully the dealer will stand up. You have a 1 yr warranty on everything. Get the bugs out and you should be good to go.

OL has occasional issues also. Here is a brand new 42 Legacy 850's and the fuel tank leaked. I can't imagine having the smell of gas thru-out the boat. Guess someone messed up when rigging. The floor had to be chop-sawed to access the fuel tank leaking problem, repaired and re-glassed. Hope they got all the debris out for the new owner because after spending 700+ the first owner dumped it. What a shame.

I'm guessing the bilge pumps weren't hard wired on Candy Shop. Hopefully OL replaced everything that was underwater. 3 1075's would be a hit, that's for sure. What a shame and one of my favorite boats

If the dealer isn't going to take care of you, call Shogren in Chicago, he would love to earn your business.

All manufacturers have a few problems every once in a while, but the difference maker is the manner in which they respond to the problem. You can not find any other manufacturer that will jump through hoops like Outerlimits to correct any problem that might have been encountered.

As far as Candy Shop goes, it is an entirely different situation. There is a criminal investigation that is going on, carelessness and vandalism are two entirely different situations.
Old 11-30-2006, 04:27 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

we'll make it interesting, say a wager of $100,000. ...
wow! You must have alot of money. I'm really impressed, thanks for sharing.
Old 11-30-2006, 04:51 PM
Registered

Received 156 Likes on 84 Posts

as far as Midnights being slow; think about that for a moment. they're heavy for a reason, and that reason is seaworthiness. i challenge you to a long weekend of boating; smooth water, 4-6 footers (yeah, they do come up suddenly), rain, slosh, 4-6 footers, your woman on board, your kids on board, etc. which boat would you rather take your friends and family 100 miles offshore in? that slapped-together production fountain, or a real boat that the navy runs?

come to think of it, why don't you bring a fountain down to miami and we'll ocean-race to key west and back? we'll make it interesting, say a wager of $100,000. and no, I don't want the title to your fountain.

I will take the bet using my boat
I could use the 100K.

Last edited by KNOT-RIGHT; 11-30-2006 at 07:01 PM.
Old 11-30-2006, 06:30 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

we'll make it interesting, say a wager of $100,000. and no, I don't want the title to your fountain.
Wow, you must be like a gazillionair or something to bet that kind of cash.

Now that you felt it necessary to brag about it you are my new hero.
Old 11-30-2006, 07:55 PM
Registered

I would'nt ask this guy if he wants to bet.
Attached Thumbnails Fountain CC issues-fountain3.jpg  
Old 12-01-2006, 12:53 AM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Hi Warbird, if I had a spare $100,000 I'd be there! You obviously have WAY more money than me! Anyway, it sure would be fun though.
No doubt about it Midnight is a super boat, well rigged and built and it has a few feet and lbs on a 38TE Fountain. I have never weighted my boat on a crane but Fountain claims rigged weight is around 11,000# plus your fuel and I have a 425 gallons tank. I only run 70-73 with trip Verado's but a quad Verado Fountain wich is beeter compared to a Midnight will hit 80-83+ and cruise easy in rough sea's at 65-70mph. If I had the buckeroo's I'd be there...anyone want to fund me?
Old 12-01-2006, 08:39 AM
Registered

Screw the money that would be a fun race. Chit I'd race for a round of drinks.
Old 12-01-2006, 12:32 PM
Registered

Im not sure, but I think I saw Reggie Painting Roses on the side of a 38 CC, Maybe he just couldnt pass up a way to make an extra $100,000. Hell, I think George W would get in on some of that action.
Old 12-01-2006, 01:57 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by FeverMike
Hi Warbird, if I had a spare $100,000 I'd be there! You obviously have WAY more money than me! Anyway, it sure would be fun though.
No doubt about it Midnight is a super boat, well rigged and built and it has a few feet and lbs on a 38TE Fountain. I have never weighted my boat on a crane but Fountain claims rigged weight is around 11,000# plus your fuel and I have a 425 gallons tank. I only run 70-73 with trip Verado's but a quad Verado Fountain wich is beeter compared to a Midnight will hit 80-83+ and cruise easy in rough sea's at 65-70mph. If I had the buckeroo's I'd be there...anyone want to fund me?
Mike,

I am glad you chimed in, what props are you running on the 38? We are running 28 lab finished, and am falling about 300 RPM's short on the top end. I can give it more trim, but then excess cavitation is an issue.

Quick Reply: Fountain CC issues

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.