Like Tree0Likes

Carpet issues

Old 02-22-2007, 08:03 PM
Registered

This carpet was made identical to the shape that Cigarette playboy approved. Most would be shocked as to waht he is calling "does not fit"

John Peterson/owner
Custom Marine Carpet
Old 02-22-2007, 08:13 PM
Registered

My Boats: I Have No Boat

hey gofastcarpet, whats the cost of the same carpet if i send a template, one color?
Old 02-23-2007, 02:21 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

My Boats: Got nothing

The difference between the carpet is the cutouts around the bolsters, where my old carpet goes around the leg and back to the wall the new one goes straight over to the other leg.

The quality and look of the new carpet is way better then what was in it. i was all jazzed when i unrolled it. but with the way it is cut it exposes a bunch of the padding.
Here is a pic of how it was cut compared to my old carpet. If it would go back against the wall it would perfect. but i was told that they can't do that. He was real nice about it but said that they can't make that cut so to return the carpet and i will get refund. Hopefully i can find someone who will make one that is as good.

I will try Cigarette but i have never had any luck getting a responce from them.
Attached Thumbnails
Carpet issues-cmc-portfolio-087-small.jpg   Carpet issues-cmc-portfolio-301-small.jpg  

Last edited by H20 Toie; 02-23-2007 at 04:05 PM.
Old 02-23-2007, 03:16 PM
Registered

My Boats: BAJA OL 650HP/ SABER 28 Gellner unlimited with konrad ace

its had to tell whats the oz of cpt 22 or 40 and if you don't mind whats the cost?
Old 02-23-2007, 04:47 PM
Registered

My Boats: Making the best in the industry BETTER for over 25 years...... Lip-Ship Performance 305-933-9988

Quote:
Originally Posted by gofastcarpet View Post
This carpet was made identical to the shape that Cigarette playboy approved. Most would be shocked as to waht he is calling "does not fit"

John Peterson/owner
Custom Marine Carpet
I see the difference and having just pulled my carpet out to clean it, the difference does make a pretty big deal when it wont cover that portion of the flooring. It makes the carpet look "unfinished". I don't think he's being unreasonable to want it done just like the old one.
Old 02-23-2007, 04:49 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AIR TIME View Post
its had to tell whats the oz of cpt 22 or 40 and if you don't mind whats the cost?
I have no idea what the oz are but it was under $1k shipped.
The carpet that was in the boat looked like house carpet that was seamed together but the new one has a complete vinyl backing that looks way more durable.
Old 03-01-2007, 05:37 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Yahoo got it straightend out, custom marine carpet is going to send me out a couple of pieces that will fit in the cutout areas and a local carpet guy is going to seam them in and redo the binding

Happy lad.
Old 03-01-2007, 07:14 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member
Trade Score: (1)

My Boats: 17' Speedliner Cat & O.P.B.

For future reference, I used www.rrtextiles.com, and I was VERY happy with the results.

I took my old carpet, and made a pattern to send them out of heavy brown paper. I had them cover EXACTLY what I made on the paper, by telling them to make the SEAMS, not the CARPET come to exactly where I wanted it. My original carpet had long 2" slots for the bolster legs. My new carpet had slits, and individual 2" round holes.

R&R Textiles NAILED it, and I was extremely happy with the results. The new carpet was heavy enough with a nice backing that I did not even have to install snaps in it when it arrived. In combination with the non-skid backing, and non skid floor on my boat, it stayed perfectly placed, even in the cabin.
Old 03-01-2007, 11:14 PM
Registered

My Boats: BAJA OL 650HP/ SABER 28 Gellner unlimited with konrad ace
Thumbs up

R &R MAKES A nice 40oz carpet I use to sell it and install it what I have now has no seams and is 88ozs like I said its made by hand each yarn . its night and day from the others thats why I won't be selling much in our boats , but for a guy doing a OL over its better than factory