Notices

Marine warrenty.HUH

Old 07-26-2007, 12:13 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It`s very true that customer service is just not what it was a few years ago and it`s getting worse all the time.

I don`t care what industry you`re in, if you blow off a customer that`s 6 days out of warranty on a high ticket item, such as a BMax, you will not be in business very long.

Some of the most successful businesses are known for their great customer service. See a pattern here ?

I`m not sure if all vendors truly know of the power of OSO, but they better learn soon !

To be in a niche market, such as high performance boats, and to treat customers like this, then not even respond . . .
Old 07-26-2007, 12:23 PM
AKA NoMoBoatin
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Panther
How much power did he have?

How much speed did he loose?

Looks like even Mercury doesn't want to stand by its product.... Marine industry will always be this way unfortunately.
Not sure but I think 900 hp and he thinks he didn't loose but 1 mph.
Old 07-26-2007, 02:04 PM
Registered

Totally agree. I bought b-maxes as well about a year ago and sold my boat. The new owner never registered the drives in his name and had a problem the second day out. The cone clutch went out and one of the drives would't go in gear. He called Dean only to see if he would supply the parts only, under warranty but Dean said " the drives are 7 days out of warranty". The new owner said fine, then just "sell" me the part, it's just a stock xr cone clutch. Dean didn't even have the part to send him. How can you be a outdrive manufacturer and not have parts on the shelf?????? Needless to say, the new owner ordered the parts from someone in Ohio and had them in two days. I understand the warranty business, I own a remanufactured engine and transmission co. and have warrantied things "out" of warranty so many times I can't count, but thats why people still buy from me and refer me to other shops constantly. Think about it, the parts cost may be a couple hundred dollars, but now there are two posts on this thread that people are second guessing the b-maxes(13k a piece)????? Not a smart business decision if you ask me, 25k drives vs. couple hundred bucks.

By the way my b-maxes picked up a couple mph. I think with the help of b-blades the props I ended up with were just perfect.
Old 07-26-2007, 09:35 PM
Registered

I wanted to bring this back to the top so it didn't get lost in the many pages like so many others. I wish we had a spot where there was just threads on the good- bad- ugly-or just plian rotten ripp off dealers,vendors, service people or mfg's. Some how some way this needs to stop so this sport can be fun agian.
Old 07-26-2007, 10:16 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I have BMaxes on my boat, with the exception of a couple small issues they've worked good. Dean has always been very helpfull to me, always had parts to me next day. As far as the warranty goes, you could always buy a new Merc 1200 engine/drive package for 150k+ and get NO WARRANTY !
Old 07-27-2007, 04:52 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

So by that logic "only" spending 26k on drives is not worthy of a warranty??
Old 07-27-2007, 05:41 AM
AKA NoMoBoatin
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Tazz
I have BMaxes on my boat, with the exception of a couple small issues they've worked good. Dean has always been very helpfull to me, always had parts to me next day. As far as the warranty goes, you could always buy a new Merc 1200 engine/drive package for 150k+ and get NO WARRANTY !
But you know that before you buy it.
Old 07-27-2007, 06:41 AM
Registered

I have BMaxes on my boat, with the exception of a couple small issues they've worked good. Dean has always been very helpfull to me, always had parts to me next day.

That statement right there, says a lot.

"a couple small issues"

"always had parts the next day"

For $13,000 , it should be flawless and bulletproof !
Old 07-27-2007, 06:43 AM
Registered

As far as the warranty goes, you could always buy a new Merc 1200 engine/drive package for 150k+ and get NO WARRANTY !

I`m loaded, I don`t flinch at dropping $150,000 on an engine / drive pkg . . .

WARRANTY ??

We don`t need no stinking warranty !
Old 07-27-2007, 06:45 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Donman
I`m loaded

Quick Reply: Marine warrenty.HUH

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.