what to use to remove......... >

what to use to remove.........

Notices

what to use to remove.........

Old 09-02-2007, 07:02 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1,295 Likes on 449 Posts

I was always told if you put more wax on it it will reactivate it and make it easier to come off. dont know if its true but will be worth a try.
Old 09-02-2007, 08:39 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by offshoredrillin
I was always told if you put more wax on it it will reactivate it and make it easier to come off. dont know if its true but will be worth a try.
I have seen that work before, but it's been within a shorter amount of time. From what I gathered, jdinvt's wax has been on for quite sometime and the fiberglass has some heavy oxidation. Am I correct in my info jdinvt?

Last edited by marineclean; 09-02-2007 at 08:50 AM.
Old 09-02-2007, 10:02 PM
Registered

Wet sand and buff with 3M triple cut. It goes a lot faster than you think and really comes out nice. Wax or glaze after and comes out really nice. I'm doing a Baja that way right now. Dark blue under the chalk and haze. Don't have any idea how long it's going to last, but the original test spots I tried have spent two months in the direct sun and look like the day I buffed them out. It looks almost white in some spots before I work on them, but the more the original color pops out, the easier it gets to keep going. The one I'm working on is a lot smaller than yours though.
Old 09-03-2007, 07:56 PM
Registered

You are right marineclean. I went to walmart over the weekend and found some 3m rubbing compond. It was the only store that was open around here and I cant believe they had it of all places but anyways, I used that and it seemed to have worked really good. With one 8oz bottle, I got to do one whole side and the deck. WOW, lol. It did take the oxidation out as well. It only took me sis and a half hours just to do that, thats how bad it was. I want to thank everyone that gave me some input on this, so, THANKS. John
Old 09-03-2007, 09:49 PM
Registered

Good deal JD! Glad to hear that you were able to remove the spot. Keep an eye on it and make sure the oxidation dosen't start to come back. You'll know within a few trips out. The best way to keep your boat looking like new is to keep it under cover and keep it clean with fresh water. Have fun and enjoy your new toy.

Donnie
Old 09-04-2007, 07:13 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Aquabuff 2000 Lots better than 3M and a whole lot cheaper!