Notices

Some sailors may suck...

Old 09-07-2007, 04:25 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yea, cutting a mast free is not easy, we had 5 guys, all with bolt cutters and it took an hour, then you have to make sure you are not dragged over with it. It was a mess and 19 kts on a sailboat is like 100mph in a powerboat.
Old 09-07-2007, 09:35 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

correct me if i am wrong ,too lazy/late to do a google search,but the sony/playstation hydrofoil is still the fastest in the world.
Old 09-07-2007, 09:49 PM
Registered

Received 566 Likes on 234 Posts
Smile

Hey Mitch hows it going.Wish i could have made it up there this summer, God i miss Macatawa this time of year.

Your parents still cruising in the Med? Their pretty hardcore,you go cruising with them very often?

I am heading for Europe for 7 weeks on Sunday I will stop by and say hello to them.

Yea you read all the sea stories Mitch and go i would have done this or that but when your in the pitch black with breaking 20 footers on a deck that is rolling 180 degrees it is damn scary.I was scared to death i was either going to be washed overboard or crushed by the swinging mast, and being i was the only person on board capable of functioning it was all up to me.