Whats going on with Fred @ Trick? >

Whats going on with Fred @ Trick?

Notices

Whats going on with Fred @ Trick?

Old 11-16-2007, 02:07 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Audiofn
Is it really a favor if you intend to open up shop? Shounds like he was starting small and working bigger?
I think it got away from him quickly.

Hey, I'm in agreement there was a f-up here.
I just think it's a shame that it happened.
I don't think anyone was trying to screw anybody, which is all too common in the boat business.
Old 11-16-2007, 02:12 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

[QUOTE=BraceYourself;2338098]Boaters are a different breed. Most own businesses and spend 100's of thousands doing what they love.

BRACE your absolutely right & well put we are a dif breed ,spends lots of $$$$$$$ on this hobby/sport and i'm sure there will always be places that'l take our money
Old 11-16-2007, 02:12 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Angry Mob Has Arrived!!!

Angry mob has arrived!
I have been dealing with them on my exhaust problem for the last three months, nothing short of a nightmare, never get a call back, alway some new problem with them, been waiting for a refund for weeks, but when you call, you get some meassage about store inventory, I've heard of others that have had problems with Trick, and just trying to get my $4000 back, I was told that I would have the credit back, and then no answer when I call, and no reply from e-mails, are they out of business? I can understand having personal problems, but business is business. I posted this on a Checkmate web site, and just got Give Fred a break, it really is not about Fred, it’s about Trick, and the fact that I’m pissed, hey if you have problems, call in help, get the job done. I’m sure that if I received parts without paying for them I would be the bad guy. Right? Of course I would be, I really don’t think after this I will be doing business with them again, Cheap parts, how about NO PARTS? Although My situation was kind of unique with Trick, I still would get the excuse that shipment was always some other vendors problem, maybe Trick needs or needed to hire more staff, it seems like a lot of us went to Trick for parts. Just my opinion
Old 11-16-2007, 02:15 PM
Registered

4000 so far... any other amounts owed?
Old 11-16-2007, 02:15 PM
OSO
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

In six years I have never been in a situation where I am not sure what to do.

I will say this, I met Fred in that parking lot at TNT years ago when Offshoreonly headquarters was there. I am going to say that while Fred has been faced with some terrible situations in the past year, I am sure he will do the right thing.

I ask that you all relax a little and not make this thread a stone throwing contest as I know some people on here love the controversy and to stir the pot.

I will leave this thread open for now and will watch the direction it heads from here.

Posts on here are not going to help the situation while I am sure Fred works on some of the issues at hand. To those that are owed money (alleged), lets give Fred a chance to work some things out.
Old 11-16-2007, 02:24 PM
Banned

Deleted

Last edited by RunninHotRacing163.1; 11-16-2007 at 02:27 PM. Reason: I respect Steves request
Old 11-16-2007, 02:24 PM
Geronimo36
Gold Member

Received 131 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by JasonSmith
I do it as a hobby & for my friends. I've been thinking of starting a real business with it, but at what point does it stop being fun & start being a pain in the a$$?
When you stop letting it be fun. If it ain't fun, it ain't for me.
It stops being fun the moment it becomes a business IMHO.... Very few people are able to differentiate between passion, business and hobby...

Originally Posted by 100-Plus
The moment Trick took payment on its first order it ceased being Fred's "hobby" and became a business. "It's business. Just business.".
I know others who also have the problem understanding what that means...

Fred, we've talked numerous times and I've placed orders with you in the past. I enjoyed our conversations and your insight. If we ever met in-person I'm sure I'd buy you a drink!

Unfortunately life doesn't slow down and we're all in a battle for survival... The moment you let your guard down someone else is quick to jump in..

Keep your chin up, you're a entreprenuer and you'll be successful at whatever you do.

Regards,

former customer.
Old 11-16-2007, 02:30 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by OSO
In six years I have never been in a situation where I am not sure what to do.

I will say this, I met Fred in that parking lot at TNT years ago when Offshoreonly headquarters was there. I am going to say that while Fred has been faced with some terrible situations in the past year, I am sure he will do the right thing.

I ask that you all relax a little and not make this thread a stone throwing contest as I know some people on here love the controversy and to stir the pot.

I will leave this thread open for now and will watch the direction it heads from here.

Posts on here are not going to help the situation while I am sure Fred works on some of the issues at hand. To those that are owed money (alleged), lets give Fred a chance to work some things out.
I have to disagree.... I personally have been faced with some very difficult things over the past year, so have you. While there should be a certain amount of understanding involved with Fred, I disagree it should be this much, especially with the daughter (alledgedly) posting on the thread. They are WELL aware of the problem and this is a problem that was very obvious last year as well.
No one runs a perfect business, including me. I can assure you if there are several alledged customers out money, on a board that Trick advertises on, it deserves merit that an explanation of what the heck is going on is warranted.... not a peep until the daughter gets on here and runs her trap.
Maybe you know more of the situation than the rest of us which is fine... you have proven that you can handle all of these situations well without getting the mob out of control (but even you have to admit that this is a very smart mob in most cases). If Fred is having several problems personally, so be it. We all do.. and all of us are pretty reasonable people here and for it to come to a head with a thread like this? This has gone on way too often and way too long.
Old 11-16-2007, 02:52 PM
Registered

I feel the pain from people that are waiting for parts or a refund on their money. I have been in that situation before involving hundreds of thousands with National Marine.

I have known Fred a long time and knowing Fred, Im more than confident that everyone will be satisfied when all is said and done. I honestly cant see Fred stiffing ANYONE on anything, It just not his style to walk away from a problem. I know this doesnt help anyone who has been waiting for product or a refund... but If I was betting on this one, my money is on Fred doing the right thing. eventually
Old 11-16-2007, 02:58 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by masher44
(but even you have to admit that this is a very smart mob in most cases).

Quick Reply: Whats going on with Fred @ Trick?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.