Notices

Ideas for Paint 36 Skater

Old 11-27-2007, 09:35 PM
Rob
VIP Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

One thing with a solid color it will show a scum line more than one painted up.Like when ya take a white boat out of the water from being in dirty water

The Only Time You Have To Much Ammo Is When Your Swimming Or On Fire.
Old 11-27-2007, 11:01 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I like the colors, but they are easy to see on the sand bars.
I had mine on sand bars most the summer due to fuel costs.
Great lookin ride, bring it to wisconsin .I bet you I could have a paint job on it for you around 2010.
Old 11-28-2007, 12:41 AM
Registered

You're right Strip. It's funny how my girlfriend always makes it a point to 'fingerpoint' the nice boat with the scum line... I just shake my head. With all the money we spend on this high dollar hobby of ours, you'd think that more people would take pride in what they have and scrub that grime off. To each their own.
Dan

Originally Posted by Strip Poker 388
One thing with a solid color it will show a scum line more than one painted up.Like when ya take a white boat out of the water from being in dirty water
Old 11-28-2007, 07:39 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 84 Likes on 31 Posts

I have always been a fan of clean simple and timeless colors and graphics. Also, it makes for less tense moments when rafting and docking.

My 38 Comp
My former 29 Kryptonite
White stands out amongst a sea of colors.
Attached Thumbnails Ideas for Paint 36 Skater-donzi_srq_pra_2007_19%5B1%5D.jpg   Ideas for Paint 36 Skater-100_0655-small-.jpg   Ideas for Paint 36 Skater-srq-pra-lunch-stop-overhead%5B1%5D.jpg  

Old 11-28-2007, 07:41 AM
Registered

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by bripar77
Here is a Sketch for the back half only Paint
I think doing the back half doesn't make much sense (based on that sketch anyway). An average person that saw the boat before and after would probably not even notice you changed anything.

Either leave it alone or do a drastic change.
Old 11-28-2007, 12:50 PM
Registered

Received 79 Likes on 23 Posts

I was thinking of doing the exact same thing as bripar77 did in his sketch. There have been a few Cigs and Skaters done with that design and it looks very, very nice. For a modest fee Chris Dilling will design something for you.
http://www.grafikefx.com/
Old 11-28-2007, 12:59 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation
Paint MTI on it and it will be faster!
Thats FUNNY !!!! BUTTTTT

As far as I know SKATER is faster than MTI !!!!! I'm from Missouri !!!!! YOU'D HAVE TO SHOW ME !!!!!!!!
Old 11-28-2007, 01:02 PM
Banned

I don't really like the Paint on my Boat (paint was already on it). It is a 2006 36 Classic. I am considering just repainting the back half instead of spending twice as much to repaint the whole boat. Anybody have thoughts about this.
Hey BRIPAR
Oh BTW...killer boat!!!
Old 11-28-2007, 03:05 PM
Registered

Default Skater Paint

Painting half the boat of course cost just less than 1/ 2of a whole new paint. That's the reason to consider just half the boat being painted.
VettelT193 your probably correct just trying to see if it's possible to save some money.
Thanks Runninhot.
One of my reasons for repainting the back half is to be able to walk on the back half of the boat during our hot summer monthes out here. A light blue is better than the Purple and green. I am getting quotes of around $ 40,000 to strip and repaint the whole boat with a somewhat mild color scheme and a little less than 1/2 of that to repaint the back half only.

Maybe all white with 2 colors would be cheaper. Anybody know of any West Coats Painters they could recomend??
Old 11-28-2007, 03:19 PM
Banned

Painting half the boat of course cost just less than 1/ 2of a whole new paint. That's the reason to consider just half the boat being painted.
VettelT193 your probably correct just trying to see if it's possible to save some money.
Thanks Runninhot.
One of my reasons for repainting the back half is to be able to walk on the back half of the boat during our hot summer monthes out here. A light blue is better than the Purple and green. I am getting quotes of around $ 40,000 to strip and repaint the whole boat with a somewhat mild color scheme and a little less than 1/2 of that to repaint the back half only.

Maybe all white with 2 colors would be cheaper. Anybody know of any West Coats Painters they could recomend??
Send it to VINCENTS CUSTOM PAINT in LOTO and he'll will take care of you 573-369-3355 , the light blue on the FREEDOM US 1 boat is awesome you may like it and we're gonna have some of that blue splashed on ours after the winter in TEXAS
Attached Thumbnails Ideas for Paint 36 Skater-ozarks-041.jpg  

Quick Reply: Ideas for Paint 36 Skater

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.