Like Tree0Likes

OSO virus?

Old 01-28-2002, 08:50 PM
Intolerant1

I received this email today but no attatchment.

I recieved this notice from a friend. Please follow the instructions as my computer had this VIRUS in it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
Have a good day, Forrest Kennedy

Old 01-28-2002, 09:29 PM
FWK

I tried to do a attachment and probably it is agood thing it did not work now knowing this was a hoax: I am computer illiterate!
I recieved this from someone I have corresponded with many times I assumed it to be legitimate.
"Fwd:Important---Legitimate Virus Warning
Our CU secretary sent this to me. When I checked it out, the virus was on my c drive. Please follow the instructions and make sure this did not happen to you. Thanks,
Sorry to have to tell youu this, but I found the virus described below on my hard drive after a friend sent me a message. Apparently I received it by being in her address boo. Since you all are in my address boo, you may have it too. Please follow the directions below to find out. You are in our address book and YOU MAY HAVE THIS VIRUS LYING IN YOUR HARD DRIVE. IT LIES DORMANT FOR 14 DAYS AND THEN KILLS YOUR HARD DRIVE. STOP EVERYTHING YOU ARE DOING RIGHT NOW AND TAKE 10 SECONDS TO DELETE THE VIRUS FILE. FOLLOWING ARE THE DIRECTIONS TO DO THIS.
It then goes on to tell you how to delete the files. The e-mail said the file was sulfnbk.exe. This was sent to me at 10:22 this morning.
Again I am sorry but I panicked when I thought I helped to send a virus to a bunch of other peoples computers. Forrest

Old 01-28-2002, 09:34 PM
Registered

My Boats: 1989 18.5 ft XLT powerplay
cord sent me this and it fried my computer, melted the monitor and my hard drive sent me a note that said "closed for today"... then some nekkid chicks popped outta the computer and danced for me, so i felt better

just kidding cord..
Old 01-28-2002, 10:04 PM
Official OSO boat whore
Charter Member
Trade Score: (2)

My Boats: 8' row boat
There's a sucker born every minute.

Ya know, the underlying moral is that we care for each other and reacted immediatly when one of us was threatened. That's a good thing. I think.
Old 01-28-2002, 10:40 PM
Registered

My Boats: 1997 35' Fountain
I got two messages from Bruce today. One was forwarded from DaBeezer. One was Bruce's warning about the hoax virus. I deleted both. Best thing to do is disconnect from the Internet.
Make sure the preview plane is turned off and delete any weird e-mail. Definitely don't open the attachments.

Thanks Bruce for the warning.
Dan