I dont build them I just blow them UP.
LMAO!
Old 02-03-2008, 12:47 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 79 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by formula 382 sr-1
I dont build them I just blow them UP.
I try to due both as little as possible!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-20-2008, 02:09 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had a procharged 502 with 5psi in my boat until i talked to tyler crockett and talked me in to a na 540. That 540 runs just as strong as the procharged 502. Tyler knows his stuff! I have had ZERO problems with the 540. I dont know of the builders in NY but i think it might be time to make Tyler one of your new friends in engine building. He knows his chit!! Lots of self proclaimed engine bench racers out there, not tyler- he is the real deal. ask anyone!
Old 04-20-2008, 02:36 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by PIT BULL
mrhp, Your first post gives me the impression that you do bench work on a pic nic table in a back yard full of farm animals. And you agree with me by telling me I know the answer.. Your second post you agree again with what I said about 557s. Which proves my point. You have been building 557 FOR YEARS you say. Whats the problem? You haven't moved on to the next thing. I own a 7000 sq ft Mercedes Benz repair shop with 9 lifts that I built from the ground up. I rebuild MB engines and transmissions in house. Got a 4,000 lb 99 e class to run 10.60s. Got my Harley to run 12.0s.and my daily driven pick up in the low 12 as well. Not saying I am an expert marine engine builder. But I know how to make things work. There are a lot of engine builders that go through life thinking bigger is better,and more is better. Only because there not smart enough to read, learn or question others.Go ahead be a follower and keep building the same thing you have been. Good engine builders evolve to new things.
Hey Dean this is why i sit back and watch

Last edited by JCPERF; 04-20-2008 at 02:40 PM.
Old 04-20-2008, 07:59 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

http://youtube.com/watch?v=9nsVNpkk_D8&feature=related this video kind of makes me re-think the statement of cubic inches,, with fuel prices climbing it makes sense to keep exploring new ground.. although i love my 540's i just wish i could the carbs to idle better
Old 04-20-2008, 08:08 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by JCPERF
Yep........I just laugh.
Old 04-20-2008, 08:12 PM
Pit
Registered

Cool

Originally Posted by PIT BULL
mrhp, Your first post gives me the impression that you do bench work on a pic nic table in a back yard full of farm animals. And you agree with me by telling me I know the answer.. Your second post you agree again with what I said about 557s. Which proves my point. You have been building 557 FOR YEARS you say. Whats the problem? You haven't moved on to the next thing. I own a 7000 sq ft Mercedes Benz repair shop with 9 lifts that I built from the ground up. I rebuild MB engines and transmissions in house. Got a 4,000 lb 99 e class to run 10.60s. Got my Harley to run 12.0s.and my daily driven pick up in the low 12 as well. Not saying I am an expert marine engine builder. But I know how to make things work. There are a lot of engine builders that go through life thinking bigger is better,and more is better. Only because there not smart enough to read, learn or question others.Go ahead be a follower and keep building the same thing you have been. Good engine builders evolve to new things.

Another a**hole making pit bulls look bad...
Old 04-20-2008, 08:36 PM
Geronimo36
Gold Member

Received 131 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by JCPERF
Can we get another "Ask JCPERF" thread going?
Old 04-21-2008, 05:50 PM
Registered

Wow!!!!!!!
Old 04-21-2008, 06:40 PM
Charter Member #34
Charter Member

Originally Posted by fredefox
OK this is not going to be one of the more entertaining threads, no need to go beyond say 65 posts, unless of course PB posts number 65.

Fred E Fox

Very nice to meet you at the Lake Travis Poker Run.

Very nice boat also!

I figured at this point it would not hurt to hijack the thread.

I've been talked into a couple of 540's by Mark Boos. Guess I've been screwed!

Hey Spray how you doing buddy?

Tyler you have built engines for a lot of my friends and they love the product. I appreciate you for taking the time to share your experience and knowledge. You built two beautiful 850's for my good friend Jeff Akers for his 36 Outlaw. Now Mark Boos is building me two 850's with Whipples for my 36 Outlaw. Who's going to be faster?

Dock

Last edited by Dock Holiday; 04-21-2008 at 07:51 PM.

Quick Reply: 540 stroker,,DUD engine, dont do it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.