Old 04-21-2008, 09:24 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Old 03-31-2009, 01:26 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Great thread..... Pit Bull seems to hold up to the news

I've read this from start to finish. I don't have a presence out here, but have been a member for a while. I buy the membership because a lot of educated engine builders explain/announce a ton of valuable information for the guy who wants the best bang for his buck. In a very professional manner - I must add. Crockett, Raylar and all of the other guys ~ awesome! Where else can a person spend 75 bucks a year and get a wealth of knowledge like this..... No where! This is the best board for boating fanatics/enthusiasts ever!

I don't build marine engines. I would like to buy a good dependable, turn key 650 HP engine. Got a builder picked out and just haven't pulled the trigger yet (though it's getting late). Anyway - I do have a communication business. Wow ~ I must say the "tone" of every post of the Pit Bull guy lives up to the media. Mean, nasty, run in packs and leave them alone.

I hope this Pit Bull guy with all of his stuff - doesn't build engines while he's drinking.... Seems to be the common thread in everyone of his posts. Bad day at work - go bash the guys you can't agree with or can't communicate with.

As for Raylar, Crockett and the horsepower guy, OBVIOUSLY ~ you guys have nothing to prove and your experience speaks volumes above the "white noise" of this thread. It is why you are successful... Period.

Amen to HP & keep up the great work!

Have a great day!
Old 03-31-2009, 07:05 AM
Registered

This thread was sleeping for almost a year and you had to go and wake it up. Maybe cooler heads will prevail this time.
Old 03-31-2009, 07:22 AM
The Illustrious One
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I thought that a 502 was a 10.200 deck height not 9.800 deck height
Old 03-31-2009, 09:18 AM
Registered

Default Pitbull Engines?

I have 2 - 572 Gellners - The only reason I went that route was because it does both bore and stroke - 4.565 X 4.375 = its all limited to cost - tall decks and stroked cranks cost money! - Merc might have gone with this combo for just that reason 557 is used in 3 of their top engines. YES, I am limited to re-boring, but there is enough meat left to consider cly heat.

Pit Bull - Really, whats your point? Dean is one the the best BBC Marine Builders in the country, I know he knows more than you, as does, Tyler and JC - These guys have built more engines than you - and really, you can't know everything about everything. I owned a BMW Mercedes Porsche shop Specialty Shop for 20 years and have built many foreign engines - MARINE BIG BLOCKS are a different animal - and as far as a Harley, they are just a sump pump engine with two wheels and some bling on the outside - So you really have no argument and even if you were right, everyone else would go with the 3 guys REPUTATIONS that have been trying to help you see the light.

Give it up - you aren't making any friends on this site - because this site its not what you have in your garage, its how you socialize in a group - "forum" = "People participating in an Internet forum can build bonds with each other and interest groups will easily form around a topic's discussion, subjects dealt with in or around sections in the forum"......

If you think you're the bomb, come out and race with your engines - I am sure they would love the challenge. Peace be with you!
Old 03-31-2009, 09:38 AM
Registered

Received 87 Likes on 49 Posts

hay dean,ray,and tyler,you guys have built hundreds of good quality marine engines,but pit has a shop&likes mb cars,how could you possibly know more than pit does about marine engines,after all,he has a 12 sec daily driver.now lets assess all of this.geeezz,if i were looking for advice on a marine engine,who would i listen to?i guess if my boat had a mb engine,id call pit,how many guys got mb engines in the boat.hay pit,you are the man,do us a favor,just go away.
Old 03-31-2009, 09:41 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by mike tkach
hay dean,ray,and tyler,you guys have built hundreds of good quality marine engines,but pit has a shop&likes mb cars,how could you possibly know more than pit does about marine engines,after all,he has a 12 sec daily driver.now lets assess all of this.geeezz,if i were looking for advice on a marine engine,who would i listen to?i guess if my boat had a mb engine,id call pit,how many guys got mb engines in the boat.hay pit,you are the man,do us a favor,just go away.
lol
Old 03-31-2009, 09:50 AM
Registered

Received 87 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by daredevil
lol
hay daredevil,did you notice that i didn,t pick on him about where the mb comes from?lol.
Old 03-31-2009, 10:10 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I cannot believe this thread came back to the top again!!! I'm having Tripple Digits flashbacks too!!!

Oh, and my dad can beat up your dad.

Quick Reply: 540 stroker,,DUD engine, dont do it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.