Notices

Saltwater for Fuel

Old 03-10-2008, 12:19 PM
Neno the mind boggler
VIP Member

Received 271 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by Joe92GT
If you want to look up conspiracy theories, deep physics and all kinds of other fun things, just do some google searches on these topics:

ether
zero point energy
searl effect generator
and even the Hutchison effec

The idea of zero point energy, and ether makes sence. Your not getting perpetual motion, simply converting a different form of energy into more energy. Magnet motors are one theory. The fact that you can vary the force of magnetism by moving the magnets apart in a different lines explains how these things could work.

Very interesting reading, it goes from aliens gave us technology to government not allowing free energy to dump on the market, for good reason.

I had a good physics 2 teacher at NJIT, and have been very interested in non-conventional theories.. true or untrue.
Hutchinson and Searl are pretty amusing to me. About the only thing Hutchinson can be accounted for is being able to build a crude film studio backdrop upside down to show objects falling away from the ground, very cheesy and poor quality to say the least. At no point has he or anyone been able to support any of it technically. Honestly i dont think any of the clips look even remotely convincing. Hell, all of his equipment is nothing more than old surplus electronics scavenged off old ships and stuff. Searl on the other hand at least makes it look convincing and you have to give him credit for being able to market the idea. Most if not all of these "breakthroughs" have some sort of outside source of energy that the inventor will claim is being worked out and will not be in a final prototype (or they will just hide it all together). There is no free lunch in physics.

I do think these kind of things have a place though, they spur the imagination. That is what allows us to truly make progress. The true gains are made in continually refining efficiencies and theories that can be proven. Zero point energy holds some promise in the fact that we can put together the theories that appear to support it but with current day physics it is difficult to prove. Much the same way string theory can be supported mathematically, it exists at a sub atomic level (very far past) that we cannot detect directly (difficult even indirectly really). I dont know much about Zero Point but heres my take. Basically its dragging a stationary point of reference in the flow of space/time. In other words anchoring a point in a dimension where time is stopped or in a different frame of reference and extracting energy from the flow of general relativity (gravity) through/around it. Expansion theory suggests that all points in space are accelerating away from each other at the same rate, bridge two of these points and use the motion as an energy source. Problem is in order for it to work they need to be connected between two separate dimensions or reference frames. I think the Lorentz Transform eliminates this ability (in current day physics) who knows . . .maybe they'll get around it some day, but even expansion is being questioned these days.

These are just my own thoughts, they may be totally wrong. Put me on a shelf with John Hutchinson if you'de like. I just find it fun to ponder
08 OPA High Points Champion
10 OPA Class 1 National Champion ( happy now Ed! )
Old 03-10-2008, 12:43 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Chris Sunkin
Burning these swiftly=renewable materials is certainly sound science. They're nothing more than solar batteries.

As far as using the water, based on the power output potential of a gallon of water (assuming you could separate the molecules efficiently) compared to the sheer volume of water held in the oceans- 360 quintillion gallons, I think we'd be OK.
(I had to look that one up- is a quintillion alot? More than a Brazilian?)
Me likey Brazilian... LOL
Old 03-10-2008, 07:19 PM
Charter Member #927
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by glassdave
Hutchinson and Searl are pretty amusing to me. About the only thing Hutchinson can be accounted for is being able to build a crude film studio backdrop upside down to show objects falling away from the ground, very cheesy and poor quality to say the least. At no point has he or anyone been able to support any of it technically. Honestly i dont think any of the clips look even remotely convincing. Hell, all of his equipment is nothing more than old surplus electronics scavenged off old ships and stuff. Searl on the other hand at least makes it look convincing and you have to give him credit for being able to market the idea. Most if not all of these "breakthroughs" have some sort of outside source of energy that the inventor will claim is being worked out and will not be in a final prototype (or they will just hide it all together). There is no free lunch in physics.

I do think these kind of things have a place though, they spur the imagination. That is what allows us to truly make progress. The true gains are made in continually refining efficiencies and theories that can be proven. Zero point energy holds some promise in the fact that we can put together the theories that appear to support it but with current day physics it is difficult to prove. Much the same way string theory can be supported mathematically, it exists at a sub atomic level (very far past) that we cannot detect directly (difficult even indirectly really). I dont know much about Zero Point but heres my take. Basically its dragging a stationary point of reference in the flow of space/time. In other words anchoring a point in a dimension where time is stopped or in a different frame of reference and extracting energy from the flow of general relativity (gravity) through/around it. Expansion theory suggests that all points in space are accelerating away from each other at the same rate, bridge two of these points and use the motion as an energy source. Problem is in order for it to work they need to be connected between two separate dimensions or reference frames. I think the Lorentz Transform eliminates this ability (in current day physics) who knows . . .maybe they'll get around it some day, but even expansion is being questioned these days.

These are just my own thoughts, they may be totally wrong. Put me on a shelf with John Hutchinson if you'de like. I just find it fun to ponder

OOops, ya had me and then you lost me.
I think it was at upside down
Sounds more like an episode of DR Who.
Old 03-10-2008, 09:12 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Yes, very fun to ponder. There are lots of other things, like the nazi bell experiments, and some Russian experiments involving superconductors that are supposed to have caused some very interesting effects.

Hutchison is funny, and they even had him on a history channel show on mini-black holes on earth as a Dr. Hutchison, philosopher or something like that. That made me laugh.
Old 03-10-2008, 09:46 PM
Neno the mind boggler
VIP Member

Originally Posted by Payton
OOops, ya had me and then you lost me.
I think it was at upside down
Sounds more like an episode of DR Who.
That quick huh? . . that was like in the first sentance
Old 03-10-2008, 09:59 PM
Registered

Two words.
Covalent Bond.
Old 03-10-2008, 10:40 PM
Neno the mind boggler
VIP Member

Originally Posted by Joe92GT
Yes, very fun to ponder. There are lots of other things, like the nazi bell experiments, and some Russian experiments involving superconductors that are supposed to have caused some very interesting effects.

Hutchison is funny, and they even had him on a history channel show on mini-black holes on earth as a Dr. Hutchison, philosopher or something like that. That made me laugh.
You know, when the first atomic bomb was set off there was some speculation that it would set off an uncontrollable reaction and wipe out our very exsistance. It was thought that the internal pressures of the initial conversion of the small amount of matter to energy could carry on to the matter in the atmosphere itself. They were reasonably sure this would not happen but the thought still arose. Could very well have been where the phrase "see ya on the other side" came from, as they hit the button . . . .oh by the way . . . it did not continue un-controlled

my interest is mostly with the historical aspect and the simplicity and elegance of which modern day physics evolved through constant refining of previous theories. That would have been amusing to see the Hutchinson thing on TV. If i'm not mistaken he has no classical training what so ever. I dont believe i have any asperations of linking quantum mechanics with gereral relativity but it is fun to think about. A wise man once said "its easy to be creative and its easy to be credible, it is difficult to be both"

Covered covalent bonds in post #28
Old 03-11-2008, 07:16 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1,295 Likes on 449 Posts

Originally Posted by glassdave
You know, when the first atomic bomb was set off there was some speculation that it would set off an uncontrollable reaction and wipe out our very exsistance. It was thought that the internal pressures of the initial conversion of the small amount of matter to energy could carry on to the matter in the atmosphere itself. They were reasonably sure this would not happen but the thought still arose. Could very well have been where the phrase "see ya on the other side" came from, as they hit the button . . . .oh by the way . . . it did not continue un-controlled

my interest is mostly with the historical aspect and the simplicity and elegance of which modern day physics evolved through constant refining of previous theories. That would have been amusing to see the Hutchinson thing on TV. If i'm not mistaken he has no classical training what so ever. I dont believe i have any asperations of linking quantum mechanics with gereral relativity but it is fun to think about. A wise man once said "its easy to be creative and its easy to be credible, it is difficult to be both"

Covered covalent bonds in post #28
ya know, all these really big posts of yours are starting to make me wonder if you are the real unibomber...boat done yet?
Old 03-11-2008, 07:27 AM
Member #154
Platinum Member

Received 864 Likes on 317 Posts

What about the cancer treatment? That's ground breaking if it works.
Old 03-11-2008, 08:04 AM
AKA "BAZOOKA JOE"
Platinum Member

awsome maybe someday

Quick Reply: Saltwater for Fuel

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.