Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Leverage Polish (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/183443-leverage-polish.html)

FountainMike 04-01-2008 10:04 AM

Leverage Polish

I was thinking about trying Leverage Polish on my 29' this year. Has anyone out there used this product? I appreciate your feedback!

Thanks,
Mike

BY U BOY 04-01-2008 10:16 AM

Originally Posted by MAI0076 (Post 2508432)
I was thinking about trying Leverage Polish on my 29' this year. Has anyone out there used this product? I appreciate your feedback!

Thanks,
Mike

Great product
http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/s...d.php?t=140741

FountainMike 04-01-2008 10:28 AM

BY U BOY,
Thanks for the link!

I'm going to order it today.
Mike

cigrocket 04-01-2008 10:51 AM

Great product. You won't use anything else. I use it twice a season. Easy on easy off. Shines.

Strip Poker 388 04-01-2008 03:01 PM

Originally Posted by cigrocket (Post 2508504)
Great product. You won't use anything else. I use it twice a season. Easy on easy off. Shines.

does it last as long as a good carnauba wax,something like (Meguiar's NXT Generation Tech Wax)???

Meguiars says/claims it has the highest % of carnauba on the market

marineclean 04-01-2008 04:18 PM

Originally Posted by Strip Poker 388 (Post 2508898)
does it last as long as a good carnauba wax,something like (Meguiar's NXT Generation Tech Wax)???

Meguiars says/claims it has the highest % of carnauba on the market

Rob,

You need to get out of the UC section more. :D

Follow Bi Boy's link and ye shall see the light. Carnauba for car Not for Boat. My longevity is 3X-5X more than 3M or Meguiars especially on fiberglass, plus Leverage was designed for fiberglass. I spent many years researching and testing before I was satisfied. You'll find many different helpful articles posted in the Paint/Fiberglass section.

Donnie

Bullhead 04-01-2008 06:26 PM

Try it.....you won't be sorry

racesdad 04-01-2008 06:28 PM

great stuff.period. we will not use anything else

Jassman 04-01-2008 06:42 PM

I use Donnies leverage on everything.. Also for interiors I was sold on Bio-Kleen, I switched to Donnies interior cleaner and conditioner..great products, and great service.

NKissau 04-01-2008 07:03 PM

Does anyone know if the vinyl/leather cleaner is UV protectant? I noticed the other products mentioned it, but not the cleaner. Thanks.

marineclean 04-01-2008 07:18 PM

The Vinyl/Leather Conditioner is your UV Protection.

BajaBennett 04-01-2008 08:09 PM

Donnie is a great guy with a product that does what he claims. This is my second year using Leverage in Florida. I t holds up extremely well. Try it, you will like it.

Dail

jayhawk261 04-01-2008 08:17 PM

I have a bottle I bought last year from (shall remain nameless) and I didn't use it because I had the boat polished professionally. I plan on using some this spring to put a nice fresh shine on her! It is still good after a year I assume!

marineclean 04-01-2008 09:04 PM

Originally Posted by jayhawk261 (Post 2509384)
I have a bottle I bought last year from (shall remain nameless) and I didn't use it because I had the boat polished professionally. I plan on using some this spring to put a nice fresh shine on her! It is still good after a year I assume!

Just shake and spray. :D

FountainMike 04-02-2008 09:15 AM

Donnie,
I posted this in the giant thred in Fiberglass and Paint, not sure if you saw it yet.

I just ordered your Oxidation Remover and Polish from Lakeside Restorations and I should have it by the end of the week. The person I spoke to recommended buffing the whole boat with the Oxidation Remover and then applying the Polish by hand. I ordered a 16oz bottle of each and he said this should be enough for a 29' boat. If you have any recommendations for applying the Oxidation Remover with a buffer I would appreciate it (i.e. how many buffer pads will I need.) Please email me when you have a minute [email protected].

Thanks for your help and I look forward usuing your product and a white boat again!
Mike

marineclean 04-02-2008 11:31 AM

GG(no longer on OSO)

marineclean 04-02-2008 11:35 AM

Originally Posted by MAI0076 (Post 2509991)
Donnie,
I posted this in the giant thred in Fiberglass and Paint, not sure if you saw it yet.

I just ordered your Oxidation Remover and Polish from Lakeside Restorations and I should have it by the end of the week. The person I spoke to recommended buffing the whole boat with the Oxidation Remover and then applying the Polish by hand. I ordered a 16oz bottle of each and he said this should be enough for a 29' boat. If you have any recommendations for applying the Oxidation Remover with a buffer I would appreciate it (i.e. how many buffer pads will I need.) Please email me when you have a minute [email protected].

Thanks for your help and I look forward usuing your product and a white boat again!
Mike

Thanks Mike!
email sent

Strip Poker 388 04-02-2008 02:15 PM

Originally Posted by marineclean (Post 2509026)
Rob,

You need to get out of the UC section more. :D

Follow Bi Boy's link and ye shall see the light. Carnauba for car Not for Boat. My longevity is 3X-5X more than 3M or Meguiars especially on fiberglass, plus Leverage was designed for fiberglass. I spent many years researching and testing before I was satisfied. You'll find many different helpful articles posted in the Paint/Fiberglass section.

Donnie

Aw now I havent been doing much in there:DDonnie whats the difference between protecting a cars paint job compared to protecting a car paint job on a boat(not fiberglass/gelcoat ?

Rob

marineclean 04-02-2008 04:54 PM

Originally Posted by Strip Poker 388 (Post 2510395)
Aw now I havent been doing much in there:DDonnie whats the difference between protecting a cars paint job compared to protecting a car paint job on a boat(not fiberglass/gelcoat ?

Rob

Hey Rob,

Metal heats, oxidizes and ages different from fiberglass. Even with Clear it's still on fiberglass. Painted boats still get oxidation, but not as much as gel. You still don't need to clog the pores or coat them with petroleum distillates or kerosene.

Donnie

marineclean 04-02-2008 05:12 PM

Bump

joestoll 04-02-2008 07:29 PM

I just bought 3 bottles of the stuff. Donnie thank you for making such a great product !

stainless 04-02-2008 07:37 PM

Donnie how does your product compare to something like kiss cote?

stainless 04-02-2008 07:38 PM

Also what are your thoughts on waxing a boat bottom for top speed purposes ?

marineclean 04-02-2008 08:21 PM

Hey Stainless,

I've never tried any of their products, so I have no feedback for you.

You're more than welcome to Leverage the bottom of your boat if you want to. It is true that my polish is not sticky or greasy like waxes, so friction is at a minimum.

Please try it when you get a chance and report back on your finding. I imagine allot of people would be interested in your results. It's easy enough to apply, so you wouldn't need but just one bottle for the entire boat and two terry cloth towels.

Let me know if you need anything.

Donnie

stainless 04-02-2008 08:28 PM

where's the best place to order it ?

marineclean 04-02-2008 08:44 PM

I have a few choice distributors nationwide that are great to deal with.

Here's the link
http://www.leveragepolish.com/purchase.php

Thanks, Donnie

ThruHull 04-02-2008 08:46 PM

Donnie, do you have any T-shirts available for purchase?

marineclean 04-02-2008 09:38 PM

No shirts currently. I did a few last year for RG and a few others, but they went quick. I do need to get some more made for this summer. I'll let you know.

Donnie

ThruHull 04-02-2008 09:59 PM

Thanks!

Craney 04-03-2008 05:12 AM

Donnie how would Leverage work on car?

Jassman 04-03-2008 05:25 AM

2 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by racesdad (Post 2511020)
read your own posts tool.
1. you worked at skater
2. you used doonies product and bioclean is better.BS
3. you are A FOOL.
SHUT IT BOY.
WRONG GROUP OF GUYS YOUR SCREWING WITH.

I remember reading this somewhere...Also I liked Bio-Kleen, their interior cleaner was good...but Like I mentioned earlier...Donnie's Leverage and especially his leather/vinyl cleaner and conditioner is the best stuff Ive used to date. Far superior...It works awesome on the material in the cockpit of the Nortech, especiaslly the light grey which almost looks white. Leaves it soft and not greasy to the touch, and is actually more plyable, you can really feel the difference.

racesdad 04-03-2008 06:05 AM

i love this stuff too.
and yes it works great on cars. i have a 73 450 sl, i was pink from oxidation, used leverage oxidation remover and this car looks like it rolled off the show room floor.
great work donnie

satisfactionII 04-03-2008 08:01 AM

If you like your boat to be shiny, If you don't want to work your a$$ of to make your boat look shiny and cool, If you want you boat to look like new, and If you don't want to spend a fortune to get your boat looking that way then use Marineclean's Leverage. Great product. :cool-smiley-011:

danh63 04-03-2008 09:19 AM

I will have to order me some. I have been using waxing frenzybut I am hearing it is bad to wax gel coat.

OldSchool 04-03-2008 09:25 AM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by Craney (Post 2511168)
Donnie how would Leverage work on car?

It worked pretty darn good on my old beater!

Granted, the car isn't driven when it's raining and hasn't been washed (it stays in the garage with a dust cover on it), but I waxed the car in Jan. of 2007 and it is still shining. I usually just dust it off with one of those brush things or mist it with a hose and wipe it down.

FountainMike 04-03-2008 09:29 AM

Originally Posted by stainless (Post 2510808)
Also what are your thoughts on waxing a boat bottom for top speed purposes ?

Stainless,

I've asked this question before and from what I have been told waxing the bottom of the boat will actually slow you down because it creates more friction. I was advised, and did, wet sand the bottom of my boat with a fine grit paper to gain speed. All said and done I did pick up 1MPH, however, it will take away the nice smooth gelcoat finish (kinda obvious.) I am told that they do this on the race boats as well, racesdad any thoughts?

Thanks,
Mike

stainless 04-03-2008 09:34 AM

the reason i asked is that i've used kiss cote on 4 diff boats and seen an aprox 3 mph increase i was just wondering what leverage's thoughts on this were

FountainMike 04-03-2008 09:37 AM

Originally Posted by stainless (Post 2510889)
where's the best place to order it ?

Stainless,

Since I am in NY, I ordered it from Lakeside Restorations in PA, seeing as you are in CT they would probably be your best bet. Ordering from them was easy and they shipped it out the next day, their number is 570-639-2628.

On a side note, Donnie has been great. Although we have not connected when I asked him for advise in a posting, he emailed me his phone number and asked that I call him so he can walk me through the best way to apply his products. I think that is rather impressive as most companies might give you the time of day if you are lucky. Can't wait to try the product!

Thanks,
Mike

FountainMike 04-03-2008 09:40 AM

Originally Posted by stainless (Post 2511439)
the reason i asked is that i've used kiss cote on 4 diff boats and seen an aprox 3 mph increase i was just wondering what leverage's thoughts on this were

Dude, that's awesome! I've gained 2-3mph (depending on the day) with wet sanding and re-propping. I might have to try that!

stainless 04-03-2008 09:42 AM

stuff works well :D not cheap though