Can ya help me choose my next boat?

Notices

Can ya help me choose my next boat?

Old 05-11-2008, 11:40 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Nykamp
My buddy stores his 41 at the same shop that this 36 is keep at, that's why I walked around her and was checking her out. I love APACHES so I had to take a peek, I don't know the owner. I know it was down in the islands before coming to georgia years ago. I like the older 36's per 1995 when they had the rear seat closer to the front bolsters. In 1995 Bobby moved the back seat back 6", a tight cockpit is nice in big water.
Islands? is this a salt water boat?
Old 05-11-2008, 11:45 AM
Registered

Received 97 Likes on 41 Posts

They all have been in the salt at one time or another, all that matters is how they where cared for after being in the salt. Flushing and a good washing, and they will be okay. It's been in fresh water most of it's life, which is also rare.
Old 05-11-2008, 12:10 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Ona-Mission
surely something else to think about when I'm looking. I have looked at a few with both 3's and TRS's. I have to belive that between a good machine shop able to make any parts needed and a company like Detriot Ball should have any bearing or race needed. Do you agree?
Anything can be made. I have one-off pieces machined all the time. The costs make Mercruiser prices look like giveaways. Parts are out there but they can be a tough find and the costs can be staggering. Here's the thing- let's say it's June 15th and you broke a NLA part? What's it worth to salvage the next month or so of boating season while you're waiting on a part to be made or found? For me- lots.
Old 05-11-2008, 08:12 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Carder
Now that the bugs are out of this boat.... I need a new challenge. Another 35 or 38 Fountain, for sure...
Carder
Carder,
Do you know Brandon? He had a Fountain just like mine (everything red on mine was blue on his) He is looking for a 35 fountain.