Notices

Anheuser-Inbev Merger

Old 07-14-2008, 10:22 AM
Registered

Received 18 Likes on 10 Posts

Oh well. AB products still give me a bad hangover with too-liberal useage. Must be the beechwood aging.... I prefer Great Lakes Brewery, anyway.
Old 07-14-2008, 10:26 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

just had an A/B exec that retired because of this in the store. he said this buyout would make Pabst Blue Ribbon the largest American brewer.
Old 07-14-2008, 10:28 AM
Registered

Who owns Miller?
Old 07-14-2008, 10:35 AM
Registered

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

I'll stick with Coors. Even though they are Molsen Coors now, I understand the Coors really bought Molsen but gave them honorary first name because they were the older brewery.

Plus, I like all the Coors Beers. I have Blue Moon and Killians in the Kegerator right now
Old 07-14-2008, 10:38 AM
Registered

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by nova26
Who owns Miller?
Wow. I just looked that up and now the Coors umbrella includes Miller. It is now MillerCoors. This just happened June 30 of this year.
Old 07-14-2008, 10:46 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by getchasum111
that sux...i don't drink much beer except on the water....i guess i will find another beer...that should show them i mean business and really put the hurt on those bastards....
Outside PBR local and regional breweries are the only ones left that's American owned. SAB is a south african based company that owns Coors, Molson and Miller then Imbev owns a bunch of brands. I'll still drink coors light on the boat but usually if I'm having something with dinner it's a Sam Adams or Leinenkugel.

Last edited by legend700; 07-14-2008 at 10:50 AM.
Old 07-14-2008, 10:58 AM
SeaRay Sundancer
Gold Member

AB will still have two seats on the InBev board.....I dont think this will change much of anything for AB beer drinkers. It is a move, like most on wall street, to make sharholders more money. If the beer drinkers are happy, than shareholders will be happy. Doesnt work the other way.....
Yes it sucks that a great american co is being purchased, but it really is a global econ.
Old 07-14-2008, 11:05 AM
Registered

Received 33 Likes on 24 Posts

If they close down the St Louis brewery, we could pool our money together, buy the plant & start producing Duff beer there. With the millions, if not billions of kids growing up on the Simpsons, the product would sell itself.
Old 07-14-2008, 11:12 AM
Stu
Registered

Originally Posted by seafordguy
$70 a share - 52.xB purchase price....

I don't drink any beer but it is a shame to see such an icon of Americana sold partly due to the drop in the dollar value. Will be interesting to see if they keep Bush Gardens open in Williamsburg....
Even though AB got two seats on the InBev board, I think they're going to streamline quite a bit. The theme parks definitely and probably packaging are going to go. I think there will be quite a few management positions eliminated as well. There's quite a bit of fat in management that has needed to be trimmed for some time. I have some friends that work there downtown, but they work in the brick buildings, not the glass one. So as long as they're still brewing here, I'll still drink it.

Unfortunately, there are a lot of charities here in St. Louis that are most likely going to suffer. AB employees last year contributed over $3 million to United Way alone. There are other homeless charities that are almost completely subsidized by AB. Really curious to see what happens there.
Old 07-14-2008, 12:36 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by BDiggity
If they close down the St Louis brewery, we could pool our money together, buy the plant & start producing Duff beer there. With the millions, if not billions of kids growing up on the Simpsons, the product would sell itself.
I'm in

Quick Reply: Anheuser-Inbev Merger

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.