Like Tree0Likes

Where is the Cigarette Market at ??

Reply
Old 12-21-2008, 04:17 PM
  #81
Registered
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Turku, Finland
My Boats: Something small blown and light
Posts: 1,814
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LapseofReason View Post
So could you retire right now and not change your lifestyle and just live off the intrest of the money you have and investments without going to a job ?
Actually yes. I have own warehouses where I can pile my stuff into and forgetabout them and live of the rents.

Quote:
Yes the cost of living is very high here, puplic trans. sucks they don't even have any where I live and I could not live in a city. My standard of living is not that bad aside from boats and I sold most of my toys that I don't use, I don't eat out, I pack a lunch 75% of the time, I live 16 miles from work, my truck gets 20+ mpg my bike 45.
I travel by car also.. mpg is ca 42. Depends on the work place from 25 miles to 1 mile depeding on the day.
I have to eat out everyday so thats around 15 bucks a day.
College is free for our kids but I gotta give them an apartment and pocket money.



Quote:
But when you make a plan then your wife takes a huge hit in pay and the economy face plants it hurts and I have dug into savings big time, I have 2 kids that want/need to get some kind of education after high school so thats going to cost me.
If I plan to retire right now I might forget all about boats and my wife allabout her racehorses so that would end up with a divorce althought currently we are taking a remiss on our relation as we speak.
MikeyFIN is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008, 04:19 PM
  #82
Registered
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Lake Conroe, TX.
My Boats: 39' Sea Ray, 38' Nortech, 18' Taylor SJ
Posts: 14,916
Default

On to the auto industry.

Americans every day try and justify their foreign auto purchases by saying that they are cheaper and more reliable. That is actually not a fact. The price per value of foreign autos has done nothng but go up since their intruduction in the 70's, and now it is equal. The statistics that show more reliability and cusomer satisfation are things that have been manipulated by the manufacturers liek toyota and honda since the beginning. Those remarks can be backed up, but it is going to take to long, and that is not the real focus of this post.

I want to go back to all the idiots that are crying about not having jobs and loosing their home etc.. and have a foregn car in their driveway. Sure they justify it by saying that is was assembled here. "So friggin what". The profit for re investment, the interest charged on the financing, the money paid for a warranty that is insured through an American company that has to actually pay the bill for the technician to work on it and generates profit for the dealership paying a percentage back to the foreign owned manufacturer all takes money off of our shores.

Eventually if you let enough water slosh out of the bucket and into someone elses, you don't have any left for yourself.

I think this is on the wrong thread, but it has relevance.
jeff1000man is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008, 04:20 PM
  #83
Registered
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Turku, Finland
My Boats: Something small blown and light
Posts: 1,814
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LapseofReason View Post
Because it can't compare to anything new, I look at them as a cool under 100k boat. Larry Smith, old Cig.'s and Apaches are very cool boats that if I had a lake house or a place in Florida that I was only going to be at a few time a year I would put a boat like that there. 10,15,20 year old boats are not what I would want for an every day boat, I work on stuff all day the last thing I want to do is work on my own stuff everytime I take it out.
Ok I see. I donīt look on the other hand at new boats as I they break too.
I hate to also buy something I canīt work on myself.
MikeyFIN is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008, 04:27 PM
  #84
Registered
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Stockholm, Svea Rike
My Boats: 32 Activator #6 w/ JCPerf930hp 35 Fountain HP500's (Sold) 28 Arrow 2004 572SC-EFI/875hp (Sold) 24 Pantera 1995 454/365hp (Sold)
Posts: 1,274
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyFIN View Post
If I plan to retire right now I might forget all about boats and my wife allabout her racehorses so that would end up with a divorce althought currently we are taking a remiss on our relation as we speak.
HAHAHAHA!!! you're crazy mofo Mika!!!

Dont talk words like "global thinking", "Nobel peace prize" "Sisu" & "culture" here!
It's just a waste
Mange is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008, 04:27 PM
  #85
Registered
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Turku, Finland
My Boats: Something small blown and light
Posts: 1,814
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff1000man View Post
On to the auto industry.

Americans every day try and justify their foreign auto purchases by saying that they are cheaper and more reliable. That is actually not a fact. The price per value of foreign autos has done nothng but go up since their intruduction in the 70's, and now it is equal. The statistics that show more reliability and cusomer satisfation are things that have been manipulated by the manufacturers liek toyota and honda since the beginning. Those remarks can be backed up, but it is going to take to long, and that is not the real focus of this post.

I want to go back to all the idiots that are crying about not having jobs and loosing their home etc.. and have a foregn car in their driveway. Sure they justify it by saying that is was assembled here. "So friggin what". The profit for re investment, the interest charged on the financing, the money paid for a warranty that is insured through an American company that has to actually pay the bill for the technician to work on it and generates profit for the dealership paying a percentage back to the foreign owned manufacturer all takes money off of our shores.

Eventually if you let enough water slosh out of the bucket and into someone elses, you don't have any left for yourself.

I think this is on the wrong thread, but it has relevance.

spot on and I Agree with you.
Until America comes up with something worth buying people will buy something else but thenagain the Citizens should think what to buy first.
We have this logo with a Swan and our flags cross on it to show that itīs made mostly domestic ( like 80%??).
Why not do the same with a stars and stripes logo and let people show their patriotism.
MikeyFIN is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008, 04:28 PM
  #86
Registered
 
LapseofReason's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Stafford Va.
My Boats: 98 NORTECH 5000V
Posts: 2,806
Default

So you cant retire and not change your lifestyle.

No males in my family have made it past 65 no females past 70. I am 6'5" 225# and have lived a hard life racing and crashing all kinds of stuff. I like my job and don't dream of just sitting around and rotting talking about the good ol days, so if I can make money have fun and just not wake up some day I am cool with that. I work m-f 10 hours a day, get 4 weeks paid vacation a year, love my house, why retire?
LapseofReason is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008, 04:32 PM
  #87
Registered
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Turku, Finland
My Boats: Something small blown and light
Posts: 1,814
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mange View Post
HAHAHAHA!!! you're crazy mofo Mika!!!

Dont talk words like "global thinking", "Nobel peace prize" "Sisu" & "culture" here!
It's just a waste
So is my time before Xmas.... one trip tomorrow and then Iīm just burning candles and making cocktails...

I might just as well give a few laughs to some with a twist
But truly Iīm worried about US economy as if it folds I dont have other choices but to buy an Arrow or a MasMar ?
MikeyFIN is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008, 04:33 PM
  #88
Registered
 
LapseofReason's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Stafford Va.
My Boats: 98 NORTECH 5000V
Posts: 2,806
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyFIN View Post
Ok I see. I donīt look on the other hand at new boats as I they break too.
I hate to also buy something I canīt work on myself.
I don't buy brand new either, let somebody take the big hit. I do all my own work on everything and I can fix anything thats worth fixing. Thats the way my dad was and that how I hope my kids will be.
LapseofReason is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008, 04:33 PM
  #89
Registered
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Lake Conroe, TX.
My Boats: 39' Sea Ray, 38' Nortech, 18' Taylor SJ
Posts: 14,916
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyFIN View Post
spot on and I Agree with you.
Until America comes up with something worth buying people will buy something else but thenagain the Citizens should think what to buy first.
We have this logo with a Swan and our flags cross on it to show that itīs made mostly domestic ( like 80%??).
Why not do the same with a stars and stripes logo and let people show their patriotism.
Most people are to busy trying to show off what they can afford, buy, own, etc. to worry about where it comes from, or the repercusions of buying it.

While you can't buy anything domestically manufactured at a Best Buy, or a Circuit City, People justified it as at least creating the distribution and retail jobs, but the profit from the manufacturing just kept staying over seas wher it was made. Now those people can affor to buy things, (nothign wrong with that), but they don't buy anything from over here because they all ready make it over there. There is nothing that we make here that can't be made, manufactured, or purchased somewhere else.

Historically this has actually happened to all major world powers after a history of around 150-200 years. This is just the first time it is going to happen because of finance.

All I can say is hold on to your shirts.
jeff1000man is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008, 04:37 PM
  #90
Lip-Ship- Grafikworx Glad
Platinum Member
 
pm203's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: MA and NH
Posts: 3,615
Default

It will be 2015 before our economy gets back to being healthy again.
pm203 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply

Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
Joe
General Boating Discussion
263
09-05-2007 09:35 AM
OSO News
Offshoreonly Industry News
0
07-02-2007 12:23 PM
smokinatcig
Cigarette
0
04-16-2002 01:24 PM



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:55 AM.


Copyright 2011 OffShoreOnly. All rights reserved.