Notices

Another Cig wreck

Old 02-21-2009, 06:23 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

skaters have a design flaw two cause the two brothers with the big power off long island years back wipe out and got killed and what about the outerlimit accident in the poker run or the guy in the APACHE in NYC poker run few years back that lost it on his madden voyage maybe apache has a design flaw too, all brands have had there share of accidents. i have been nexed to steppewd bottom cigs in ruf water at high speeds and no problems all the pics are on sharkeys website.
Old 02-21-2009, 06:26 PM
Registered

Received 19 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by TexomaPowerboater
Were not talking about what COULD happen in a 20 and 30 year old boat in race conditions. This cigarette and many others are tossing guys left and right at very slow speeds and in calm conditions. You shouldn't have to toss away basic maneuvering just to pick up 10mph. If your that desperate for speed then buy a cat.
Dude, give me a break! Tossing guys left and right?? Seems like a bit of an overstatement. There are hundreds, if not thousands of stepped cigs and the like with no issue. Have you had some of these dangerous stepped hulls out run you lately? Seems like you may have hull envy...

As for going to a cat... gee, do you think those hulls may have some quirks of their own? I owned the boat below for 7 years. Ran nitrous oxide. 110+mph. I am sure someone without a clue could get into trouble much easier in this rig than a stepped V. The DRIVER is the one responsible.
Attached Thumbnails Another Cig wreck-talon1.jpg  

Last edited by 4mulafastech; 02-21-2009 at 06:43 PM. Reason: just because...
Old 02-21-2009, 06:48 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 246 Likes on 112 Posts

Originally Posted by tony stamis
skaters have a design flaw two cause the two brothers with the big power off long island years back wipe out and got killed and what about the outerlimit accident in the poker run or the guy in the APACHE in NYC poker run few years back that lost it on his madden voyage maybe apache has a design flaw too, all brands have had there share of accidents. i have been nexed to steppewd bottom cigs in ruf water at high speeds and no problems all the pics are on sharkeys website.
Good point on the Skater, The Malia brother's of Sewell, NJ (the town next to where I live) were killed in a 36' Skater off of Sea Isle City, NJ. The boat did not have a failure, structurally, according a post-accident inspection, no one never knew what really happened, driver error is the suspected culprit.

It can happen at anytime in any type of boat. But I would rather be in a Skater going fast than any other cat. I am willing to take that risk. I just need a rich uncle to leave me his estate in order to afford this risk taking desire.

All brands do have their share of accidents, EXACTLY!

Last edited by Smarty; 02-21-2009 at 07:24 PM.
Old 02-21-2009, 06:51 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Originally Posted by 4mulafastech
Dude, give me a break! Tossing guys left and right?? Seems like a bit of an overstatement. There are hundreds, if not thousands of stepped cigs and the like with no issue. Have you had some of these dangerous stepped hulls out run you lately? Seems like you may have hull envy...

As for going to a cat... gee, do you think those hulls may have some quirks of their own? I owned the boat below for 7 years. Ran nitrous oxide. 110+mph. I am sure someone without a clue could get into trouble much easier in this rig than a stepped V. The DRIVER is the one responsible.
What is that cat? A 25' Talon?
Old 02-21-2009, 07:01 PM
Registered

Close. It's a 22' Talon.
Old 02-21-2009, 07:14 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Originally Posted by 4mulafastech
Close. It's a 22' Talon.
I have tons of respect for the guys that have smaller hot-rod cats like the Talon,and hot-rod Allison's and HydroStreams, it takes balls and skill to drive those boats fast, and getting the most out of the boat before backing out of it. Cool boat.
Old 02-21-2009, 07:21 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Smarty
I have tons of respect for the guys that have smaller hot-rod cats like the Talon,and hot-rod Allison's and HydroStreams, it takes balls and skill to drive those boats fast, and getting the most out of the boat before backing out of it. Cool boat.
Hey, thanks a lot Smarty! The Talon was a blast. Literally PINNED you in the seat on the bottle turning 28" Mazco cleavers. Those were the days... Couldn't THINK of getting insurance on a boat like that nowadays. Oh well...

Sorry for the hi-jack, carry-on...
Old 02-22-2009, 11:10 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Smarty
Good point on the Skater, The Malia brother's of Sewell, NJ (the town next to where I live) were killed in a 36' Skater off of Sea Isle City, NJ. The boat did not have a failure, structurally, according a post-accident inspection, no one never knew what really happened, driver error is the suspected culprit.

It can happen at anytime in any type of boat. But I would rather be in a Skater going fast than any other cat. I am willing to take that risk. I just need a rich uncle to leave me his estate in order to afford this risk taking desire.

All brands do have their share of accidents, EXACTLY!
Was it the white turbine skater?
Old 02-22-2009, 11:47 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

No, it was a piston powered boat, I was told it had Mercury 900's, six drives. Know one knew what exactly happened, the end result was horrible, people died that were out trying to have fun. Could the Skater have been designed to avoid this accident (in a non-raceboat form - without full canopies and restraints)? My answer is - not sure since no one knows what happened. I do know this - I feel for their families of the deceased.

Last edited by Smarty; 02-22-2009 at 11:54 AM.
Old 02-22-2009, 11:50 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by drypipetiger
The f-ed up part about the above story is the motorhome owner actually won the suit against the manufacturer. Big dollars and a brand spanking new motorhome...

I don't think that is a real story. I head that as a "dumb blond" joke.

Last edited by PhantomChaos; 02-22-2009 at 11:54 AM.

Quick Reply: Another Cig wreck

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.