Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Is this ActiveThunderOnly.com??? >

Is this ActiveThunderOnly.com???

Notices

Is this ActiveThunderOnly.com???

Old 03-19-2002, 01:50 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

now would that be reckless or just fast?...fast and reckless?...win what???....is there a race of some sort??
Old 03-19-2002, 01:57 PM
Registered

Originally posted by Jesse James
Oh yeah and by the way I dont like Formula's cause Nort (aka: phantom chaos ) has one

Old 03-19-2002, 09:48 PM
Donzi33ZX
Gold Member

I know I am opening up to some bad replies here, but we all have input, so here is mine...
We ran into an AT this last saturday (3 footers, confused seas 20 K winds, SCAdvisory 2 hours later) off the east coast of VA with another OSO board member, and I will agree, they do "fly" and they are very fast on long runs!

You guys say they "fly and land flat and smooth,"
I sure hope so!!!! It was not in the water much, what do they weigh per size?

The Donzi made up most of the lost speed advantage while actually "in" the water while the AT flew... Hard to make head way in the air!
Props need water.
We lost the speed battle overall but, sometimes comfort and ride comes with a sacrifice.

I will say AT's have some very nice graphics. Very impressive.
And almost no two look alike.
I would hope to hear from AT "owners." I think they are over a bit over rated, and yes if I wanted one I could afford it.
So be nice... Just my thoughts, AT's seem to be very nice boats, loved by their owners.... like the rest of us "owners" not wannabees with opinions or test rides........
There are many great boats out there, Cig, Fountain, etc... but who fly's without wings sparked my post.
Bryan

Last edited by Bryan Tuvell; 03-19-2002 at 10:38 PM.
Old 03-19-2002, 10:40 PM
Rough Seas Lie Ahead
Gold Member

Who said reckless?!!!!

In my always humble opinion, I feel the AT ranks up there with the PowerQuest.....
Attached Thumbnails Is this ActiveThunderOnly.com???-hrpalogo.jpg  
Old 03-19-2002, 10:46 PM
Donzi33ZX
Gold Member

RECKLESS, you are the man, SUNSATION is lucky to have you onboard. Your rig is very strong! Lots of "Bay days" to come, tomorrow is the 1st day of spring!

Enjoyed the company this past Saturday, and so did the DONZI,
Hell we didn't even discuss the off coast gig while beached up with the club, so I metioned it here.
Take care and we'll see ya soon.

Safe boating to all.....
Bryan
Old 03-19-2002, 10:57 PM
Rough Seas Lie Ahead
Gold Member

First day of spring all right. It's offcially here and the weather goes tits up. Weekend forecast sucks....Hey, them Thunders got heat cause we've got the 10-12's going on right now...
Old 03-19-2002, 11:26 PM
bob
Charter Member #40
Charter Member

Received 104 Likes on 51 Posts

Excuse my ignorance here but I guess the AT camp feels they have a technologically advanced product? What materials is the AT laid up with? Have there been any successfull AT race boats (30+ feet) over the last few years? What do they look like after a couple seasons and a few trips to Key West races? I did take a quick look at the APBA and SBI results and I didn't see any mentioned in the results. It would seem to me that if this hull is that far superior than the competition then some of the teams will want to make the switch to AT? From my perspective, they probably are a good boat and run well. ButI think the jury is still out concerning their overall success as a boat. At this stage of the game they do appear to be a very good high performance boat. But...they haven't quite earned the right to be compared to the proven leaders in the performance boating world. And until they start chalking up wins at the worlds they probably won't have the opportunity to gain the right. Just an opinion.
Old 03-20-2002, 12:36 AM
Registered

u guys kill me!.......look a RACE boat is nothing like a production boat!!! sometimes they are not even made at the same place! sorry to hear about that guys lack of skill running that AT! and if you want to see an AT that has been run REAL hard take a look at the parts list that has failed on mine....NOT the hull hold'n 'em either!

i've had the pleasure to bust a lot of boats up in big water...most don't even have the capabilities to even go run fast in the big water...

i'm not a "loyal" AT owner....i'm not loyal to the race boat i'm in either(scarab)......both world class and are great for what they do....and never confuse the two.
Old 03-20-2002, 12:37 AM
Rough Seas Lie Ahead
Gold Member

I don't doubt these boats are a great value and a great offshore boat. But after so many months of having a free ride on this board with all the superiority chatter it's about time the product has it's turn in the roaster as all others have had.

I actually don't know squat about'em except what the few current and the constantly awaiting owners have hawked on here. In all honesty to me they'll remain nothing more than an OSO board mystery boat until I actually see one and start reading more about them....

But! All that being said, enthusiasm for one's purchase choice is an expected thing or otherwise why would you have bought it???

Rick
Old 03-20-2002, 01:01 AM
Registered

Unhappy

Oh...I see we still got some punches comin in after the bell.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.