Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Is this ActiveThunderOnly.com??? >

Is this ActiveThunderOnly.com???

Notices

Is this ActiveThunderOnly.com???

Old 03-18-2002, 10:03 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

demon, that was a joke...sorry you have no sense of humor. I guess since I stumped you with the math problem you had nothing else to go on...

BTW, were you one of the ones having a problem with the ballots in the last presidential election???

I thought so.
Old 03-18-2002, 10:06 PM
Charter Member #71
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Demon,

My buddy Sean doesn't need any help from me but if you have a problem with NY'ers then you insult a whole bunch of us OSO members and are gonna start something here that will serve no purpose.

I won't take this any further but NY and its residents have taken enough shots lately.

Drop it and stick to the subject............
Old 03-18-2002, 10:07 PM
Registered

Lets take it easy on the New York comments Screamin, I was born and grew up in New York.
Old 03-18-2002, 10:31 PM
Registered

Oh Yeah!...Well my dad can beatup your dad!
Old 03-18-2002, 10:40 PM
Platinum Member
Charter Member

I didn't ask to get pulled into this discussion- you can see I'm not a big talker on this board, just like to inhale the info most of the time!
I looked at a lot of boats before recently buying my 28 AT- Cigs (Bullets), Pantera, Powerplay, Sonic, and the new Formula 292 (I still have my old twin SBC powered Formula 242LS).
Although I don't have a lot of seat time in the boat yet, I did have it in some very rough water a few weekends ago and was very pleased with its capabilities. I have yet to make a top-speed GPS run myself, but the boat has run 74 prior to my ownership. I am not sure of its exact weight (it has twin 70 gal. tanks), but it definitely weighs less than my 242LS, which is similar in weight to Seans' Cig! I like SBC reliability, efficiency, and the balance they give to a 28 foot boat (of any mfg.) I will be installing Whipple Chargers to this boat in the future.

Sean, please show a little patience with all the AT talk as of late here. It has been whipped into a fever pitch due to many different reasons, all as valid as everyones' simple passion in their choice of boat. Active Thunder got a lot if interest during the recent Miami show. Although AT did not attend it, a lot of people took the time to take factory tours. If you couple this with the passion of a few who are spending a lot of hard-earned dollars to fulfill a dream with questions from OSO members who are just plain curious about a new up-and-coming custom manufacturer, you will wind up with a lot of posts!

You have a great looking boat- one that took a lot of patience and money to get it where it is today. Cig has long been a bench-mark in offshore boats. Those on the outside call all boats of this style `those cigar boats' or something like that, similar to everyone thinking every private jet is a Lear! There are other manufacturers in both and all is a matter of choice.

Sometime it would be nice to line up some custom 28's - your Cig, my AT (we'll get crap for the small-blocks ), an Apache, a Powerplay, Pantera etc. Every driver will have the best boat in his eyes, but what a pretty picture it would make! I'd be happy to be a part of it.
Jim
Old 03-18-2002, 10:48 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Jim,

I didn't mean to drag you into this...I saw the mention of your boat and used it as an example. I know alot of thought and homework went into your purchase. I in no way meant to bash your boat and if you took offense, I apologize. I think the small block is seeing a great resurgence(sp) in popularity lately and it's good to see some people taking advantage of it. People looked at me like I had two heads when I put those 350 mags in mine, but I've been thrilled with them.

Best of luck with your boat. It's a great looking AT.

Sean
Old 03-18-2002, 10:59 PM
Platinum Member
Charter Member

Sean- No offense taken, and thanks for the compliment. I know we'll have a lot of fun with it! Good luck with the sale of your boat; I know you want a bigger Cig.
For now...... you ProCharge, I'll Whipple, and we go visit ThunderDan!
Old 03-19-2002, 12:25 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Hey jafo,

Jim you're a class act. We'll have to take some trips together this summer. We can go watch the drags on Thur nights at Blarney Island or head to Lake Geneva for a day or go to the big Lake some weekend. See Ya later.

Todd
Old 03-19-2002, 10:06 AM
Registered

hey,,,you guys gona fire this one back up today...i had a lot of fun yesterday!!!
Old 03-19-2002, 01:40 PM
Charter Member #655
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

well I think the add still stinks....I dont care if the guy owns 20 Skaters I dont think he can compare a newer company(that has all kinds of competitors) to the company that is the undisputed leader in cats!!!and has been forever...my.02 and I'd trade my Sonic for a Cig any day. Buy the best boat you can afford and run it like you stole it,and may the best boat win....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.