Well, it doesn't look good....

Notices

Well, it doesn't look good....

Old 03-20-2002, 10:25 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 138 Likes on 83 Posts

I am confused.
Why am I reading posts in a performance-boating forum from somebody who apparently supports government intervention that is designed to functionally eradicate the human enjoyment quotient from all of Florida's waterways in exchange for restrictions that have been proven to be of questionable benefit for the animal(s) that the interventions are intended to protect?

This is, first and foremost, a forum intended to allow boaties (of which I am one) to rant about how cool their new GPS-equipped oilchange pump is, and how they picked up 7 mph by adding pickle juice to their power steering pumps. This place is for fun and it is for US, the boaties... For this bastage to barge in and spew on about how we should be happy that the manatee is being given the deed and title to our homes and that we should be proper Americans and do our best to find ways to hate the current crop of government officials.

One thing is for certain, boatie or greenie (and I am not convinced that the two are mutually exclusive), we should all be concerned with whom is being elected. We should all show interest and educate ourselves about the candidates when it is voting time. We should all take a few minutes on voting day to place our concerned vote. We should then pay attention to whom does win the elections and make a mental note of which ones won who we have concerns about (so we can watch what they are up to and send them letters voicing our concerns).

After the election, whomever is elected is in for the term. Regardless of what you wished for, they are in. Clinton proved that once you are in, nobody can kick you out. For this reason, we should feel free to hate the ones elected, but should focus our efforts towards writing letters to those officials and our other representatives with concerns we may have about upcoming government actions. Put 'em in jail once their term is over, but focus on the work ahead while they are in.

As far as all the sht this Joe has against all of the Bushes, anybody can dig up crap that can be pinned on somebody to paint them in an overly bad or exaggeratedly good light. Crash appears to have an emotional disturbance that causes him to lash out against those who make him feel uncomfortable. On some sort of mercy mission or something.

Somebody mentioned that he should concentrate on Chicago politics instead of Florida, and I assume that he is from Chicago? I feel that we should all be aware of political actions that could directly or indirectly affect our boating (I did point out that this was a boating forum didn't I?). For this reason I try to regularly read up on California legislation and such (they seem to attract the most ferocious horde of militant greenies). I live on this planet and have kids who I hope will raise their kids on this planet - I have no intention of burning down rainforests or dumping raw sewage into the pristine waterways across America - I do my part. I don't pump bilge sludge overboard, I use a catch tank on my fuel overflow.

I do not needlessly waste natural resources. If I kill a goose for cr*pping on my dock I always cook him and eat him.

Let's try to keep a level head here on OSO. Guys, don't let a big brown turd like Crash get so far into your head. That's all he wants in the first place. His way of feeling important. It is not our fault he was born with a small p*cker (or the mental equivalent of such). Sure, he deserves a response or two, but beyond that let's just ignore him.

There's my nickel's worth.
M
Old 03-20-2002, 10:43 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dean,
I'm a snow bird from NY and I find all you post very informative,
I believe in our democracy very much and believe that our rights provided by the constitution the right to Life, Liberty and the pursuit of happiness. WE have a similar situation in my area due to the side effects of the enviromentally friendly conditions over the past ten years we have eagles, hawks, cranes all of which I have never seen in my lake in the past we not only have deer and foxes but now we Have BLACK BEARS, that every so often go after pets, even horses, it will only be time before a human life is lost!!!! there is no provision in locall law for hunting black bear we never had em before, no we try and get a law on the books and the eco terrorist start a ban the black bear hunt theme!
I believe that relocation to a safer area is part of the answer, natural evolution is part, how many dodo birds have you seen lately, manatee sure looks like a dinosaur to me!
I REFUSE TO PUT ANIMAL RIGHTS OVER HUMAN RIGHTS, RELOCATE THE BEARS TO THE FORREST, RELOCATE THE MANATEES TO THE SEA!
LIBERALS WANT TO HANG A SIGN AS YOU LEAVE OUR COUNTRY
"LAST ONE OUT PLEASE TURN OFF THE LIGHTS AND FEED THE ANIMALS!!!!"
Dean please keep up the good work,
and supercrash ,please have one!

Mattyboy
getting of my soap box now
Old 03-20-2002, 11:11 AM
supercrash

Deans stance has been a fight against the manatee...Now he makes it seem like he is fighting for the manatee...Thats just bull....Now to BAJADAZE....Your use of strong language may have convinced some of these people on this board that you know what you are talking about...Good try...The manatee has been in Florida for 45 million years...It was not "trasplanted" here..That is just missinformation period.And I have more news for you...we are all animals..We are all carbon based animals...so don't put yourself above any animal..So now that you know the "real" story are you gonna change your mind about the manatee issue...probably not.

Dean...You go crazy when the STM spreads missinformation about the manatee...I guess that the missinformation that Bajadaze was spreading was to your liking..This is the third time that someone attacked me with that"information" that the manatees have been "transplanted"...You know the thruth but fail to correct them every time.....And you would think that when someone learns that they have been there for millions of years they might change their minds..

Old 03-20-2002, 11:13 AM
Registered

Dean....you and I have gone a few rounds on the manatee issue and others....I think you know where I stand on issues like these and vice versa...I agree with you to a point on many of them...however what one like matty boy needs to understand is that the fate of our environment and those animals that inhabit it with us, is tied directly to our own.....the fact that eagles are returning or cranes is a good thing.......without getting into a full blown environmental debate I think its safe to say that ecosystems the world over are being destroyed at a rate that is nothing short of terrifying......the long range effects have yet to be realized.....so when someone sounds an alarm over the dissapearance of a particular species due to the impact man is having on the environment, I for one take notice......We cant have it both ways......the environment will not tolerate it......Hopefully intelligent management of our priceless resources and wildlife areas will ensure a future for both....

Last edited by Spitfire1; 03-20-2002 at 11:17 AM.
Old 03-20-2002, 11:33 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 393 Likes on 141 Posts

Spitfire1,
I have one question for you.
How can you own and operate your BEAUTIFUL Cig w/ the those blower motors POLLUTING the ICW and the ocean?? You and I both know that all Boats pollute the water, some boats more thans others. When you are idling through the manatee zones, YOU KNOW that you blower motors are spewing unburnt gas out the exhaust, into the Water? To listen to you and others here who are SOOO concerned about the enviorment, sounds like to me that you need to sell your boat, it is definitely DAMAGING the Enviroment?
Am I missing something here, OR is it OK for you to run your POLLUTING BLOWER MOTORS, in to ICW, but it's NOT OK for me to question the STM CLub and the FFWCC METHODS of Manatee Protection?
Have you read the text of the 2 bills, SB1614, and HB1473? These bills WERE written to EXPAND input into Manatee Protection, not take it away!!
Soo, how much do you want for the Cig?
MD
Old 03-20-2002, 11:41 AM
Registered

spitfire,
I do understand that the return of eagles and other wild life is
a wonderful thing, and our ecosystem is a resource that cannot be replaced. but are you saying that a black bear has more rights than my son or daughter to play in my backyard!!!or that cause a mantatee has took up residence at my marina I must close up and not be able to support myself or my family!( I Believe this was posted awhile back that a Fla marina was closing and couldn't be resold)where do we draw the line! I am as eco friendly as possible I recycle everthing dispose of batteries and used oil correctly, but every action has a reaction, and not always equal.Now that the eagles and hawks are back there are less rabbitts and squirrels, who's gonna stand up for their rights and with that what are the stray cats gonna eat! and I ask you everything we as human own destroy the enviroment especially pc, boats, cars, our medincine so perhaps we should just give up and put on our loin clothes and primative fur clothing a( now that's a nother agruement) and return to the jurassic era!.

mattyboy
Old 03-20-2002, 11:45 AM
Registered

Location: On the back of a chicks M3..If you're gonna ride my ass at least pull my hair!!

Crash....get off your no point soap box..........none of this manatee debate has a damn thing to do with you and you go
poking at Dean..........Not gonna fly pal.....Not here Not now!

Who the hell cares where the manatee cae from.....big damn deal.......the point is they are here now and we must deal with them........Cohabitation.........not extremists doing whatever they want.......

Please get this through your thick skull......nobody wants the manatee to die off........exactly the opposite.........we just don't want the STM to rule the waterways with no regulations......they will shut down the water to anything with a motor....PERIOD
Old 03-20-2002, 11:45 AM
Registered

Dean.....I cant argue that fact.....my boat definitely has an impact on the environment.....I guess one could go as far as to call me a hipocrit when I take such a stance.....Dean, you and I have already been down this road.....I am not against boating or snowmobiling or offroading etc....I do believe that it should be regulated.......awhile back there was a post on whether or not we should allow snowmobiles in Yellowstone.....I said no, not in our national park and I gave a list of reasons I felt were valid....there is misinformation on both sides Dean.....my point is that we must be cognizant of what impact we are having on the environment....and how we can minimize it.....I drive a car also, so I am guilty of polluting the air too......I am aware of the studies that have been done....I have read your posts.....like I said I agree with you to a point on many of the issues....not all ...but many....just because I enjoy boating doesnt mean I cant be pro environment too does it?
Old 03-20-2002, 11:56 AM
Registered

Matty boy.....many of these animals are being reintroduced into areas that they have been driven out of.....whether or not it is the right thing to do...I sometimes wonder.....I suspect that the marina issue that you are referring to had more to it than the manatee issue.....it could be that they used it as a means to close it down due to other interests....I dont know...I too try to do all I can to be environmentally friendly......I, like Dean try to get involved in alot of these issues that directly affect me....my point is that if we dont start taking note of some of the effects we are having on other ecosystems...we may indeed end up back in the jurassic era........
Old 03-20-2002, 11:59 AM
jr

Dean, My god you mean you feed minnows!! How could you...don't you know that they will become to depend upon you for their food source. You could be single-handedly contributing to the extinction of minnows by you and your daughter feeding them!!! Becareful of the Save the Minnow Club. They may start picketing at your house.

The problem is someone out there may actually feel that way. Were did society go wrong. Commons sense is dead.

Quick Reply: Well, it doesn't look good....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.