Like Tree0Likes

Purchase deal went wrong. Need Advice

Reply
Old 03-16-2009, 10:16 AM
  #61
Registered
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 62
Default

Empire0007,

Jeff is as stand up as they come. I am calling BS on this one.

Jason
djkool99usa is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 11:30 AM
  #62
S.O.B (single O/B) now
Platinum Member
 
t500hps's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Richmond VA
Posts: 7,921
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BajaFresh View Post
So you let the seller sit on something you want for 6 months so you can get a better price and you call it negotiation. But when you snooze too long and he sells them to somebody else you call it getting screwed? Then you're pissed because he informed you by e-mail instead of calling you? WTF, are you a 16 year old girl and got your feelings hurt? If it's business, it's business. Somebody else got the deal you didn't jump on. I don't see how this guy "screwed you over". He didn't sell you a bad part, you were not out any money, you just didn't get the deal you wanted. You may have a lot of friends and are a stand up guy but seems to me you are bashing a guy over something that was your own doing.
That's not what he said......

The problem was the seller going back and forth "we have a deal, sorry, another buyer, we have a deal, sorry another buyer". THEN not calling to tell him that he sold them to someone else less than 24 hours after he was told "we have a deal".
That would kinda pizz me off too. Domscott didn't bring this up until Empire started complaining that someone jerked him around on these motors (which the board seems to have alot of supporters for the sellers position as to condition)
t500hps is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 11:32 AM
  #63
SORE MEMBER
Platinum Member
 
Wobble's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: 2950'49.74"N 95 5'17.55"W.......TEXAS
My Boats: SeaDoo RXP & RXP-X, Stryker Equalizer 28, Eliminator Daytona Jet
Posts: 6,709
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BajaFresh View Post
So you let the seller sit on something you want for 6 months so you can get a better price and you call it negotiation. But when you snooze too long and he sells them to somebody else you call it getting screwed? Then you're pissed because he informed you by e-mail instead of calling you? WTF, are you a 16 year old girl and got your feelings hurt? If it's business, it's business. Somebody else got the deal you didn't jump on. I don't see how this guy "screwed you over". He didn't sell you a bad part, you were not out any money, you just didn't get the deal you wanted. You may have a lot of friends and are a stand up guy but seems to me you are bashing a guy over something that was your own doing.
Quote:
Dominator Scott
Senior Member Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Lansing,Michigan
Posts: 1,089

Don't do business with this person.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The person joined under the name Empire0007 and he joined this site to sell a set of Super Chillers. Well needless to say we negotiated a price and agreed to it just this morning and then he turns around and sold them to someone else and didn't even have the ballz to call me. He sent me an email after I tried calling him all day. WHAT A FREAKIN" DIRTBAG LOSER!!!!!!!.

This does seem to be some kind of bullchit. DS it seems like you owe empire an apology IMO
Wobble is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 12:20 PM
  #64
Registered
 
BajaFresh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Smith Valley, NV
My Boats: 32' Envision Illusion
Posts: 1,436
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by t500hps View Post
That's not what he said......

The problem was the seller going back and forth "we have a deal, sorry, another buyer, we have a deal, sorry another buyer". THEN not calling to tell him that he sold them to someone else less than 24 hours after he was told "we have a deal".
That would kinda pizz me off too. Domscott didn't bring this up until Empire started complaining that someone jerked him around on these motors (which the board seems to have alot of supporters for the sellers position as to condition)
Okay, so Empire vacillated on the deal until he got a better offer. Didn't DomScott do the same thing to him hoping to get a better price? And DomScott called it "negotiating" until the deal didn't go to his advantage. Domscott did not give ANY money to Empire and was not out anything except a little phone time "negotiating" yet feels the need to call Empire a freaking Dirtbag loser?

Seems like Empire is out a significant amount of money on motors and I still say Domscott is acting like a school girl. If Empire had sold him the chillers I'm sure he'd be bragging to his friends how he strung this guy along for 6 months until he got his lower price.

I don't know Domscott but if all you guys say he is a straight shooter then why the over reaction on a deal that never even went through? If Empire was on here complaining about how aguy was going to sell him some motors for $X and then ended up selling them to someone else for $X + $Y then I could see him saying something about Karma but like I said, DomScott didn't lose anything on the deal beside a little time. Get over it!
BajaFresh is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 01:05 PM
  #65
Registered
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Lansing, Michigan
My Boats: 1994 Sunsation 32 Dominator
Posts: 33
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BajaFresh View Post
Okay, so Empire vacillated on the deal until he got a better offer. Didn't DomScott do the same thing to him hoping to get a better price? And DomScott called it "negotiating" until the deal didn't go to his advantage. Domscott did not give ANY money to Empire and was not out anything except a little phone time "negotiating" yet feels the need to call Empire a freaking Dirtbag loser?

Seems like Empire is out a significant amount of money on motors and I still say Domscott is acting like a school girl. If Empire had sold him the chillers I'm sure he'd be bragging to his friends how he strung this guy along for 6 months until he got his lower price.

I don't know Domscott but if all you guys say he is a straight shooter then why the over reaction on a deal that never even went through? If Empire was on here complaining about how aguy was going to sell him some motors for $X and then ended up selling them to someone else for $X + $Y then I could see him saying something about Karma but like I said, DomScott didn't lose anything on the deal beside a little time. Get over it!

I don't have a problem selling them for more money. I did have a problem calling me Friday morning saying we had a deal because his "other buyer" didn't come through and then hours later selling without letting me known until I called him 2-3 different times. This was the second time it occured because he had a buyer willing to pay more money. He sold them for more money and thats great for him.

I NEVER strung him along. I told him what I was willing to pay and just touched base once in a while to see if he wanted to lower his price. Until just recently he wasn't negotiable.

Anyways it's done and I'm over it. I'm going brand new and calling it a day.
Dominator Scott is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 01:18 PM
  #66
Registered
 
BajaFresh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Smith Valley, NV
My Boats: 32' Envision Illusion
Posts: 1,436
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dominator Scott View Post
I don't have a problem selling them for more money. I did have a problem calling me Friday morning saying we had a deal because his "other buyer" didn't come through and then hours later selling without letting me known until I called him 2-3 different times. This was the second time it occured because he had a buyer willing to pay more money. He sold them for more money and thats great for him.

I NEVER strung him along. I told him what I was willing to pay and just touched base once in a while to see if he wanted to lower his price. Until just recently he wasn't negotiable.

Anyways it's done and I'm over it. I'm going brand new and calling it a day.
DomScott:

I understand what you are saying. I would have been disappointed and the same thing has happened to me in the past. I just chock it up to buying and selling stuff through a private party. I'm not defending Empire but I just think you over reacted by calling him names and saying Karma was getting him. I think there is a big difference to what happened between you guys and getting ripped off for big $ on a pair of motors. Going new is always the best way if you can afford it. Sometimes it's cheaper!

I'm not sure why I'm even posting on here! I guess I'm having a slow work day.
BajaFresh is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 01:34 PM
  #67
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member
 
Griff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Omaha
My Boats: .......32............. ...............Active Thunder....
Posts: 15,752
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by empire0007 View Post
Mike wrote:
empire007 is the buyer, Mario is my mechanic at SoCal Speed & Marine.
While I don't know anything about Socal Speed & Marine, from the looks of their website, it looks like they are more of performance maintanance shop that does performance upgrades and some rigging. I don't see anything about complete high performance engine rebuilds. I would guess that he subs out the actual engine builds.
http://so-calspeedmarine.com/

So, who is the actual engine builder, machine shop that he uses????

Last edited by Griff; 03-16-2009 at 01:38 PM.
Griff is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 01:37 PM
  #68
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member
 
Griff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Omaha
My Boats: .......32............. ...............Active Thunder....
Posts: 15,752
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunninHotRacing158 View Post
Who's COMPETITION MARINE ?

http://www.competitionmarine.net/Home.asp
Griff is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 01:45 PM
  #69
Registered
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Lansing, Michigan
My Boats: 1994 Sunsation 32 Dominator
Posts: 33
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by BajaFresh View Post
DomScott:

I understand what you are saying. I would have been disappointed and the same thing has happened to me in the past. I just chock it up to buying and selling stuff through a private party. I'm not defending Empire but I just think you over reacted by calling him names and saying Karma was getting him. I think there is a big difference to what happened between you guys and getting ripped off for big $ on a pair of motors. Going new is always the best way if you can afford it. Sometimes it's cheaper!

I'm not sure why I'm even posting on here! I guess I'm having a slow work day.

I never posted anything about this situation on this thread. Another member posted the link from another site. I simply replied when I was being called a liar and was accused of not being able to afford them. I simply couldn't justify his price when I could buy brand new polished chillers for $500 more.
His were used and powdercoated Merc black but if the savings was enough. I could justify them. If I bought them they would of have to been disassembled, stripped down and polished to match my blowers and the rest of my motors.

Anyways it's over and done and I have moved on.
Dominator Scott is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 01:49 PM
  #70
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Frankfort,ill
My Boats: 40 SKATER
Posts: 12,863
Default

RunninHotRacing163.1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply

Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
Vertus
General Boating Discussion
29
08-16-2005 04:00 PM
xxxsive
General Q & A
2
05-05-2004 02:00 AM
Dean Ferry
General Boating Discussion
3
12-20-2002 07:49 PM
hp500efi
General Boating Discussion
12
12-18-2002 01:43 PM
prichardson
General Boating Discussion
3
08-23-2002 01:01 AM



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:27 AM.


Copyright 2011 OffShoreOnly. All rights reserved.