Like Tree0Likes

Purchase deal went wrong. Need Advice

Old 03-16-2009, 05:18 PM

I personally know Mark Kinser, and have several motors done and am in the process of building 2-1200hp motors. I have been there working side by side with him and I can say for a fact t hat everything that he does for everyonre that he works for is checked 3 times before before essembly. I have seen motors that have several seasons taken apart for inspection and usually they could be put rightback together again, that is the type of work that he does.

I alsio know for a fact that if something is not right or the person is not willing to use the right parts he will turn them away.

I know for a fact the motors were delivered to Kinsers and sat in a corner untouched until they were shipped out. I was there and helped with the crating.

I also remenber commenting that who in there right mind would put 2 - 1200 horsepower motors in a 33 foot baja.

I am also pretty sure from being a Baja owner my self that the motors would not fit side by side in the engine compartment without some major removations to the rigging.

Knowing Jeff for a breif time as he has helped me with a few issues on my boat, he is a straight shooter and would bend over backwards to help someone.

With that said i am usually a lurker and do not post but feel compelled to as I personally know Mark and Jeff.
Old 03-16-2009, 05:21 PM

And with Bravo drives as well
Old 03-16-2009, 05:33 PM
SORE MEMBER
Platinum Member

My Boats: SeaDoo RXP & RXP-X, Stryker Equalizer 28, Eliminator Daytona Jet

Quote:
Originally Posted by empire0007 View Post
Mike wrote:
Yes, we did have the motors checked. The seller had his motors at Kinser Racing, a gentlemen by the name of Mark, he went through it and did a leak down and had my mechanic in touch with him, based on Mark, the motors were in great shape, a little oil leak, but nothing major. He indicated that they are strong motors and you just need a top end job on it. I am thinking the Jeff (seller) & Mark (Kinser Racing) both new what was going on and just wanted this deal to go through.

The motors were never placed in the boat, i was planning to rebuilt the entier motors from top to bottom and even we had to change everything was were all bad, at the end we noticed the crack. Motors were never ran or put in any boat, they went straight to the engine builder and very well known person in southern california boating industry.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiker View Post
I personally know Mark Kinser, and have several motors done and am in the process of building 2-1200hp motors. I have been there working side by side with him and I can say for a fact t hat everything that he does for everyonre that he works for is checked 3 times before before essembly. I have seen motors that have several seasons taken apart for inspection and usually they could be put rightback together again, that is the type of work that he does.

I alsio know for a fact that if something is not right or the person is not willing to use the right parts he will turn them away.

I know for a fact the motors were delivered to Kinsers and sat in a corner untouched until they were shipped out. I was there and helped with the crating.
I also remenber commenting that who in there right mind would put 2 - 1200 horsepower motors in a 33 foot baja.

I am also pretty sure from being a Baja owner my self that the motors would not fit side by side in the engine compartment without some major removations to the rigging.

Knowing Jeff for a breif time as he has helped me with a few issues on my boat, he is a straight shooter and would bend over backwards to help someone.

With that said i am usually a lurker and do not post but feel compelled to as I personally know Mark and Jeff.
These two statements seem incompatible
Old 03-16-2009, 05:39 PM

My mistake that is usually why I do not post as everthing is scutinized to the last period.

The motors were not run or installed in a boat, they were checked. Leakdown.

Not run, not installed, taken apart, parts taken off, part installed, parts switched,
Old 03-16-2009, 07:07 PM
Registered

My Boats: Formula FASTech 382 Sunseeker Apache 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiker View Post
......that is usually why I do not post as everthing is scutinized to the last period.
So what!
Old 03-16-2009, 07:22 PM
Banned

My Boats: 40 SKATER

[QUOTE=Spiker;2822430]I personally know Mark Kinser, and have several motors done and am in the process of building 2-1200hp motors. I have been there working side by side with him and I can say for a fact t hat everything that he does for everyonre that he works for is checked 3 times before before essembly. I have seen motors that have several seasons taken apart for inspection and usually they could be put rightback together again, that is the type of work that he does.

I am also pretty sure from being a Baja owner my self that the motors would not fit side by side in the engine compartment without some major removations to the rigging
Different STROKES 4 different Folks
Attached Thumbnails
Purchase deal went wrong.  Need Advice-runninhotengines.jpg  
Old 03-16-2009, 07:39 PM
Registered

My Boats: Formula FASTech 382 Sunseeker Apache 45

RHR....you reallly have to master that "quoting" technique better!
Old 03-16-2009, 07:50 PM
Banned

My Boats: 40 SKATER

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomChaos View Post
RHR....you reallly have to master that "quoting" technique better!
But i did,I did
Old 03-16-2009, 08:30 PM
Registered

My Boats: BAJA OL 650HP/ SABER 28 Gellner unlimited with konrad ace

Quote:
Originally Posted by BajaFresh View Post
So you let the seller sit on something you want for 6 months so you can get a better price and you call it negotiation. But when you snooze too long and he sells them to somebody else you call it getting screwed? Then you're pissed because he informed you by e-mail instead of calling you? WTF, are you a 16 year old girl and got your feelings hurt? If it's business, it's business. Somebody else got the deal you didn't jump on. I don't see how this guy "screwed you over". He didn't sell you a bad part, you were not out any money, you just didn't get the deal you wanted. You may have a lot of friends and are a stand up guy but seems to me you are bashing a guy over something that was your own doing.
well said, I hate that bullchit, and saw something close to it in va this weekend I walked out the guys house cause I wanted to punch him
Old 03-16-2009, 08:34 PM
Registered

My Boats: BAJA OL 650HP/ SABER 28 Gellner unlimited with konrad ace

Quote:
Originally Posted by BajaFresh View Post
Okay, so Empire vacillated on the deal until he got a better offer. Didn't DomScott do the same thing to him hoping to get a better price? And DomScott called it "negotiating" until the deal didn't go to his advantage. Domscott did not give ANY money to Empire and was not out anything except a little phone time "negotiating" yet feels the need to call Empire a freaking Dirtbag loser?

Seems like Empire is out a significant amount of money on motors and I still say Domscott is acting like a school girl. If Empire had sold him the chillers I'm sure he'd be bragging to his friends how he strung this guy along for 6 months until he got his lower price.

I don't know Domscott but if all you guys say he is a straight shooter then why the over reaction on a deal that never even went through? If Empire was on here complaining about how aguy was going to sell him some motors for $X and then ended up selling them to someone else for $X + $Y then I could see him saying something about Karma but like I said, DomScott didn't lose anything on the deal beside a little time. Get over it!
once again I agree.