Like Tree0Likes

Has the industry ever been hit this hard?

Reply
Old 07-05-2009, 05:14 PM
  #101
Registered
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Angola NY
My Boats: HTM SR24
Posts: 396
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve 1 View Post
There is NO balance the Rats control the house and the Executive branch through Voter fraud and Lies.


Wealth redistribution and reparations is the end game here.






http://www.nationalreview.com/
We need change alright. But the change we need is back to the fundamentals that our country was founded on. We need to reread our constitution and our decleration of independence. The founders of this country created a system of checks and balances to maintain our rights and allow a system that was for the people and by the people. We have became a society where we work for the government and fear our government and its deeply corrupted politicians that are in this game for personal gain only. It is our right and our duty to reform a government that has got to this stage. We need to organize, contact our representitives, and let them know we are not going to stand for this bold march towards socialism, and those who go along with it will be removed or humiliated in public untill they fade away and take our country back to the people not career politicians. It needs to start at the local levels and work upwards untill our message is caried out. The movement has started and it is looking for heros and patriots to not only talk about our issues but help take action.Asmuch as the media is making light of and not promoting it the local tea parties are growing in numbers, with good people making strides. I believe there were about 1500 ralies through out the country on our independence day, all with the same message, we are taking our country and government back. The biggest crime is watching and doing nothing.
tbanzer is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 05:19 PM
  #102
Registered
 
rlj676's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Royal Oak, MI
My Boats: 28 Powerplay - HP500
Posts: 1,820
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moving2Miami View Post
Why would it be MY problem?

First of all, I NEVER said that this was the ONLY problem with how my tax dollars are spent...I actually have a major problem with the fundamental fairness of the whole system, and frankly, there isn't enough time in the day for me to list everything I have issues with, but suffice it to say that I think its B.S. that someone that makes $25,000 pays a LESS % in taxes that someone who makes much more than that...Its as if we are being penalized for being smart enough to take the entrepreneurial risks that allow us to earn more...The only other explanation other than being penalized is that we are expected to carry everyone else's load because we are American, and that is even worse. If I choose to help someone out with some money, than it is exactly that - MY CHOICE. In this gov't, we have sh!t rammed down our throats with no choice...

The only solution is a simple 23%fair tax where everyone pays the same rate on everything that they purchase as a sales tax. Then we are all individually in control of what we spend, and can't really b!otch at that point.

It would all be collected by the States, as they are already set-up for that, they would then kick up their % to the fed, and all would be fair.

Also, keep in mind that at a MINIMUM, this would GREATLY reduce the size of the IRS, which is an ENORMOUS portion of the federal budget to begin with...

It has been proven time & time again by some of the most brilliant financial minds in America that it would work extremely well.

THAT is what will grow this economy like never seen before. www.fairtax.org
I don't disagree with any of that, and isn't at all what I'm talking about. I just think that all the complaining many people are doing about the auto industry support is rediculous given how much is spent on real crap. Sure, it sucks having tax money spent on keeping people working (and spending and paying taxes) but it's better than spending more of your money on the further costs of everyone losing their job (and no longer spending/paying taxes). That's why it'd be your problem one way or the other, and this is the lesser evil.

There are bigger wastes of money to ***** about that go to people who aren't working or making an effort at all in this country and out of it.
rlj676 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 05:33 PM
  #103
Registered
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Miami, Fl
My Boats: None Right Now-Looking!
Posts: 131
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbanzer View Post
We need change alright. But the change we need is back to the fundamentals that our country was founded on. We need to reread our constitution and our decleration of independence. The founders of this country created a system of checks and balances to maintain our rights and allow a system that was for the people and by the people. We have became a society where we work for the government and fear our government and its deeply corrupted politicians that are in this game for personal gain only. It is our right and our duty to reform a government that has got to this stage. We need to organize, contact our representitives, and let them know we are not going to stand for this bold march towards socialism, and those who go along with it will be removed or humiliated in public untill they fade away and take our country back to the people not career politicians. It needs to start at the local levels and work upwards untill our message is caried out. The movement has started and it is looking for heros and patriots to not only talk about our issues but help take action.Asmuch as the media is making light of and not promoting it the local tea parties are growing in numbers, with good people making strides. I believe there were about 1500 ralies through out the country on our independence day, all with the same message, we are taking our country and government back. The biggest crime is watching and doing nothing.
Very, very well said...

BTW, I grew up 30 minutes from you in Kenmore....I'm actually visiting family in town righ now, in fact...!
Moving2Miami is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 05:36 PM
  #104
Registered
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Miami, Fl
My Boats: None Right Now-Looking!
Posts: 131
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlj676 View Post
I don't disagree with any of that, and isn't at all what I'm talking about. I just think that all the complaining many people are doing about the auto industry support is rediculous given how much is spent on real crap. Sure, it sucks having tax money spent on keeping people working (and spending and paying taxes) but it's better than spending more of your money on the further costs of everyone losing their job (and no longer spending/paying taxes). That's why it'd be your problem one way or the other, and this is the lesser evil.

There are bigger wastes of money to ***** about that go to people who aren't working or making an effort at all in this country and out of it.
THAT I agree with...I have opinions on how to better adjust the voting requirements to insure that the tragedy of Nobama NEVER happens ever again, too...I'm not going to post them here because there is NO question that some people would be offended and want to flame me for it and I really don't wanna hear it, but if you wanna PM me, I'd be happy to share it...It would certainly work well for the "working" men & women who actually pay taxes...
Moving2Miami is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 07:14 PM
  #105
Registered
 
rlj676's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Royal Oak, MI
My Boats: 28 Powerplay - HP500
Posts: 1,820
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moving2Miami View Post
THAT I agree with...I have opinions on how to better adjust the voting requirements to insure that the tragedy of Nobama NEVER happens ever again, too...I'm not going to post them here because there is NO question that some people would be offended and want to flame me for it and I really don't wanna hear it, but if you wanna PM me, I'd be happy to share it...It would certainly work well for the "working" men & women who actually pay taxes...
Haha, I bet there are lots of us on here who share lots of non-PC ideas on voting, taxes, etc. Unfortunately any platform that benefits the "have-nots" is gonna be tough to defeat, as that is the fastest growing bunch in this country.

So....I guess I don't see a quick rebound for the high-dollar luxury industries. However, there'll always be sucessfull people wanting toys, so it will continue in one way or another.
rlj676 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 08:04 AM
  #106
T2x
Allergic to Nonsense
Platinum Member
 
T2x's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Granite Quarry, NC
My Boats: 1966 !8' Switzer Wing "Miss Diablo" 1968 Switzer Wing "Dust'n the Wind 2",, 1960 Powercat 15C , 1977 17' Molinari w/Evinrude CCC
Posts: 5,004
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by carcrash View Post
Wow, T2X.


Um, perhaps it was the reduction of oversight. These mortgages were made because the people who made them made MONEY, not because of what anyone on Washington did. When was the last time YOU jumped because some dope in Washington blathered on about something? Exactly. Nobody else does either. Follow the money, not the talking, and you'll see where the action is.



Dude, he was in office for 8 years. You don't think the President has any affect on the economy? Just because Bush had no idea what the F he was doing, does not mean he did not influence some of the results.



While you seem to get by without thinking, its pretty nice to have leadership that thinks.



The destruction happened on Bush's watch. You really can't remember that many months ago?



It will take awhile to undo so many years of destructive mis-management. At least those years are over, and eventually we'll get back to a balanced budget.

Consider this: The deficit would be ZERO except for the "Bush tax cut." That tax cut resulted in ten trillion dollars of federal debt. That ten trillion dollars was sucked out of the economy, and the entire middle class gets to pay it back.

Ya think that might have had an affect on the economy? Ya think?



I agree. We don't see signs of improvement, just signs of it getting worse less quickly. This is a depression. It started 18 months ago in most industries, and it aint close to being over.

Consider that the commercial real estate bubble is just starting to burst.

And as long as we keep doing the really stupid stuff that sucks huge amounts of money out of the economy, its going to be awhile before it gets better.

1) Importing a trillion dollars a year in petroleum. That's a lot of money to vacuum out of everyone's pockets.

2) Fix health care. The USA has the most expensive health care in the world by far: we spend $7000 per person per year. The rest of the developed world spends half that FOR SUBSTANTIALLY BETTER HEALTH CARE. That means everything made in the USA has to include that cost. That means $3500 per person, for every man/woman/child is blown every year on BS.

3) Stop blowing money on the military: we spend more on military than the rest of the planet COMBINED. No tanks were involved in 9/11. Its a total waste of money. Cut that by 90%, and now we can really talk about getting the deficit down.

4) Stop deficit spending! Our taxes are the lowest in the developed world.
Translation....you voted for Obama.

T2x
T2x is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 02:48 PM
  #107
Registered
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Further South East of Dome Island
My Boats: 1996, Donzi, 22 Classic 502
Posts: 1,856
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by carcrash View Post


2) Fix health care. The USA has the most expensive health care in the world.

3) Cut military spending.

4) Stop deficit spending! Our taxes are the lowest in the developed world.



2) The govt is the reason we spend so much on healthcare. They cannot solve the problem, they are the problem.

You are wrong. Nowhere on earth has even close to the quality, advanced health care we have. At least 20 years behind all of them.


3) I agree, close 900 of the 1000 bases around the world. We can't afford it and it is doing nothing.


4) Yes, a nice, very, very conservative idea but raising taxes as you imply is plain silly. It would not come close to meeting the spending and destroy the economy.

Stop handing out welfare to buy re-election is the answer, not increased taxes.

Liberal spending and economics has destroyed America. The bomb is lit and will go off sometime in the next 30-40 years. That bomb is called SS/Medicare/Medicaid/Welfare. $75 trillion and counting.

Last edited by Pismo10; 07-07-2009 at 02:50 PM.
Pismo10 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 04:24 PM
  #108
Registered
Gold Member
 
dank368's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: So-Cal
My Boats: 400 SS
Posts: 316
Default

If only Obama had stayed at a Holiday Inn Express, things would be different.....
dank368 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 04:28 PM
  #109
Registered
 
Sean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Darien, CT
My Boats: Donzi Sweet 16
Posts: 3,161
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by T2x View Post
Translation....you voted for Obama.

T2x

LOL
Sean is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 09:10 PM
  #110
Registered
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: New York, NY - Manhattan BABY!
Posts: 1,296
Question

Is this a boating website or a political blog?????
Miller is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:57 AM.


Copyright 2011 OffShoreOnly. All rights reserved.