Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   FOUNTAIN SUCKS!!! can not believe this (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/210348-fountain-sucks-can-not-believe.html)

show-n-go h2o 06-18-2009 04:34 PM

I think it's funny that when you buy a boat and something breaks you have to take it to whoever made that part of the boat for the warranty instead of the facotry, you buy a car and something breaks you take it to the dealer and they fix it no matter who the factory paid to build that part.
It seems like it's ok for boat builders to treat customers like crap after the sale and not really warranty anything.. If this were a vehicle the media, government and everyone else would be raising hell. I'm not slamming Fountain Im talking about the whole industry. One year warranty and we spend 100's of thousands on boats yet people complain because some cars only come with a 36/36 bumper to bumper..

It does suck that this boat is fading but if you buy something without seeing it or paying someone to inspect it then i guess you kind of get what you deserve...I don't like buying things on ebay that are over a few hundred if i can't see them and touch them first, much less a boat,car,bike....

newfountainguy 06-18-2009 08:51 PM

Originally Posted by TEAMBAJA (Post 2881662)
Glad I ran across this thread. Im defintely NEVER buying a Fountain now!

:party-smiley-004:

good idea stick with the vyper...much better of a boat???????????????????????:grinser010:

Moving2Miami 06-19-2009 12:43 AM

I am kinda on the fence with this one...CLEARLY, Fountain is under no obligaton to do this, but this type of publicity is certainly not helping them, and as tough as times are right now, if I were Fountain I would certainly subscribe to the theory that it is much cheaper to kep a customer than finding a new one...

That being said, here is what I would have done if I was Fountain...I'd tell Sake that if he was willing to ship the boat to me, I'd paint it and I'd ship it back...What is it going to cost...$2500-3000 to ship one way and MAYBE $1000 in paint? Don't forget, he is already paying his painter every week, whether or nbot he is painting Sake's boat this week or not...

So for maybe a $4000 paint job & transport cost, Sake would be up here saying how his boat was phucked up, out of warranty, the dealer was a pice of chit for selling the boat to him in this condition, but Reggie welcomed him to send the boat in and he would fix it & send it back...

Now, THAT would have been VERY nice PR for Fountain in these tough times...3-4 nice gestures like that and I'm sure they gt a boat sale or two out of it...

Great Customer Service isn't just a necessity, its also a great investment that always PAYS OFF...

J

RaggedEdge 06-19-2009 07:39 AM

Originally Posted by Moving2Miami (Post 2892016)
I am kinda on the fence with this one...CLEARLY, Fountain is under no obligaton to do this, but this type of publicity is certainly not helping them, and as tough as times are right now, if I were Fountain I would certainly subscribe to the theory that it is much cheaper to kep a customer than finding a new one...

That being said, here is what I would have done if I was Fountain...I'd tell Sake that if he was willing to ship the boat to me, I'd paint it and I'd ship it back...What is it going to cost...$2500-3000 to ship one way and MAYBE $1000 in paint? Don't forget, he is already paying his painter every week, whether or nbot he is painting Sake's boat this week or not...

So for maybe a $4000 paint job & transport cost, Sake would be up here saying how his boat was phucked up, out of warranty, the dealer was a pice of chit for selling the boat to him in this condition, but Reggie welcomed him to send the boat in and he would fix it & send it back...

Now, THAT would have been VERY nice PR for Fountain in these tough times...3-4 nice gestures like that and I'm sure they gt a boat sale or two out of it...

Great Customer Service isn't just a necessity, its also a great investment that always PAYS OFF...

J

Well put here! First comment in 16 pages that makes some real sense. Only thing I would suggest here would be to skip the cost of shipping and just get a local shop there to take care of it where it sits. Overall that would take the cost way down, there's nothing to be gained by shipping the boat back and forth across the Atlantic. Could be taken care of for likely 1/2 of one way shipping cost.

Agree fully that it is more prudent to keep a customer than to find a new one. It amazes me that some just can't seem to figure that out. Good times or not so good, that will always show you a return.

Westcoast 06-19-2009 09:37 AM

:party-smiley-004:Sake,

The real question here is...do your windows leak

VetteLT193 06-19-2009 10:51 AM

Even white gel turns chalky after very little time. We had a 1993 formula 34 PC and the gel on the deck started to go after 6 months, then it was constant waxing. The boat was on an uncovered lift and too big for a full cover, so it's just how it was. The imron graphics were perfect though. The sides, transom, and bottom were all fine too... the deck is what gets nuked.

comparing the black hull sides of one boat to the top of this one is apples to oranges.

If I bought a black boat, I'd plan on having it sprayed with Awlgrip or Imron.

stirling 06-19-2009 11:10 AM

Originally Posted by RaggedEdge (Post 2892087)
Well put here! First comment in 16 pages that makes some real sense. Only thing I would suggest here would be to skip the cost of shipping and just get a local shop there to take care of it where it sits. Overall that would take the cost way down, there's nothing to be gained by shipping the boat back and forth across the Atlantic. Could be taken care of for likely 1/2 of one way shipping cost.

Agree fully that it is more prudent to keep a customer than to find a new one. It amazes me that some just can't seem to figure that out. Good times or not so good, that will always show you a return.

Post # 101 ,thats what I thought too,there are enough boat manufacturers ,or fiberglass shops that have a large booth , I work at a company that has a 75 ft booth ,and a 48 ft ,we are doing large trucks,cars ,boats,RV,s etc ,and I,m +- 100 miles from Sake.

Sake 06-19-2009 01:36 PM

no the are not :coolcowboy:

Originally Posted by Westcoast (Post 2892178)
:party-smiley-004:Sake,

The real question here is...do your windows leak

PhantomChaos 06-19-2009 04:43 PM

Originally Posted by RaggedEdge (Post 2892087)

Yep......and then everyone with an expired warranty with a problem is going to come after them to fix their problem......Fountain is doing the right thing here.

RaggedEdge 06-19-2009 04:52 PM

Originally Posted by PhantomChaos (Post 2892491)
Yep......and then everyone with an expired warranty with a problem is going to come after them to fix their problem......Fountain is doing the right thing here.

If I remember right this whole deal started, and was looked at before the warranty expired.