Notices

New Postal Employee

Old 03-28-2002, 07:47 PM
Enjoy the show
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Postal Employee

So I got my handgun permit today and I'd love to hear some of your thoughts on what the best gun would be.

I want either a 9mm or 45 automatic. I really don't care for revolvers. I am thinking HK Mark 23 or Baretta.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

You don't have to work for the Post office to comment.
Old 03-28-2002, 08:01 PM
LOOK AT THE LEAD NOW!!!!!
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ut Oh!!!!!!
Ron's got a gun!!!!
Eak Yads!!!!!!
Careful buddy!!!!!!!!!
You'll shott your eye out kid!!!!
ie:Chrstmas Story
Old 03-28-2002, 08:01 PM
Registered

Glock. I know someone with a Glock 23 40 cal. I like the 45 too but love this 40. You should look into it.
Old 03-28-2002, 08:16 PM
Sunsation 32

If money is not an issue, buy a Kimber 45. If you want a 9mm, buy a Glock or a Sig Sauer. I have both and they are great guns. The sig is more accurate though.

Old 03-28-2002, 08:33 PM
speel chekk this fokker!
Charter Member

welcome to the "special" group of gun toting OSO loonies

how long did teh FBI background check take? When I went to apply for mine they told me six months but with th eevent of eth past few months i woudl think they might be backlogged or busy with other searches.
Old 03-28-2002, 09:32 PM
Registered

sig p 239 is a nice carry..... aslo like the hk compact 40 although it's fitted with factory composite grips ( non replaceable) both have been very reliable.... and i haven't shot anyone YET....
Funny thing with my background check FBI denyed me saying i was a convicted felon..... after a good bit of head scratching... and trying to fully remember my past..... i made a few phone calls to the locale which i was said to have been convicted in. and it was all worked out... kinda scary though... kinda thru me off gaurd... now if i ever get stopped for anyhithing i am quite nervous....... anyhow.... good luck.. and be careful.... guns are another "Nasty Habit"
Old 03-28-2002, 09:38 PM
Enjoy the show
VIP Member

Yup, background check took six months. I just someone thinks I am an upstanding citizen. See even the FBI can be wrong.

Someone else mentioned the SIG. I don't want a small gun as I no reason or desire to carry or conceal it. Basically I want a gun that is very accurate for target shooting.

I heard Glocks are kinda wierd. Not to crazy about platics.

Hey NICK, got any thoughts? I don't need a bazooka either.
Old 03-28-2002, 09:56 PM
Charter Member #34
Charter Member

I have had my ccw for almost five years now. But I don't find I can get my year round with just one gun. In the summer months it is harder to conceal and because everyone is wearing lighter clothing you don't need as much fire power. I usually carry a Baretta M21, 22 auto with CCI Stingers which are GREAT at close range in my front pocket. My backup gun I keep in the car and boat are a P230 Sig 380, and a Colt Mustang 380. Both of those work great in a pager-pal holster inside the pants. In the winter months when it is easier to conceal and you need more fire power because of layers of clothing and coats, I use a Baretta 92FS, 9MM and a Colt 45 Combat Elite, both in a shoulder holster.

The wife has her CCW also and the 380 Colt use to be hers, but she switched to a S&W Lady Smith 38, with +P ammo.

I have been collecting guns for over twenty years now and have just one rule. Don't buy cheap no name guns, and don't trust your life to something you cannot depend on.
Old 03-28-2002, 10:04 PM
Enjoy the show
VIP Member

You carry a gun??? Is that legal in NC or a nessessity?

What is CCW?

Right now I am leaning toward the Sig P220s .45.

My wife want to shoot it too so I don't want anything too big but something that will fit my large hand properly.
Old 03-28-2002, 10:16 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Ron
go with the 45 .you will love it.

Quick Reply: New Postal Employee

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.