Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
BIG Time motor problem ...any ideas  ????? >

BIG Time motor problem ...any ideas ?????

Notices

BIG Time motor problem ...any ideas ?????

Old 07-29-2009, 07:02 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wink

Originally Posted by 88Fount33
Rerig with a pair of turbines and small diesel maneuvering engines. Diesels set up to power small props mounted above bottom of boat (only usefull with hull in the water), on plane they are totally out of the water. Diesels to also provide power to cold and hot start turbines. If I hit the lottery this is how I would set up my dream boat. Would only want 5 to 10 mph out of the diesels so perhaps 25hp each, enough to cool and hot start the turbines.
hey talk to Gerry from KNOT RIGHT it is a shiftable turbine boat no bull**** obs, or other power. its the 1st MY WAY boat 46 skater t 53 turbines and moves fine around the docks , he way be able to rig it for you put a package together or talk to DEAN it can't hurt and he is not that far away and when people have the money in hand to do the work it instead of payments like me over time it goes quick. and his stuff lasts a long time not like so many others that I have read about or used in the past. bill give a call its been a while. art
Old 07-29-2009, 07:06 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by AIR TIME
hey talk to Gerry from KNOT RIGHT it is a shiftable turbine boat no bull**** obs, or other power. its the 1st MY WAY boat 46 skater t 53 turbines and moves fine around the docks , he way be able to rig it for you put a package together or talk to DEAN it can't hurt and he is not that far away and when people have the money in hand to do the work it instead of payments like me over time it goes quick. and his stuff lasts a long time not like so many others that I have read about or used in the past. bill give a call its been a while. art
Yeah BIG Daddy Gerrys boat is the chit Dean called me this afternoon and we spoke a bit thanks Artie
Old 07-29-2009, 07:08 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

comes to the customer fat and safe

That's the best single piece of advice on running a marine engine I've ever seen. Recently I changed air bleeds in my Dominators on my n/a 540's. They were lean on top end and and fat in the middle and I was using 98 jets already. Based on advice from Speedtalk.com, I changed the bleeds from .037 to .027. I was able to lower the jet size to 92 and the top end and midrange was better. To run .037 bleeds and jets in the 80's on a supercharged motor is frightening to me. I'd like to see their data from the dyno re air fuel ratio. Sorry about your season.
Old 07-29-2009, 07:09 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Pesky Varmint
I'm sleepy.

Pesky Varmint
I'm sleepy ???? mmmm hot dayum 5.15 p.m. and sleepy in Sunny Ariz ya know BIG Daddy they make GERITOL for your brand I can send you a bottle of HYDROXYCUT and give ya a lil jumpstart LMFAO
Old 07-29-2009, 07:10 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RunninHotRacing158
Sad part is you can not put a price tag on all the hard work and effort to have a boat sit in your shop
I hear ya BIG Daddy SUKS BIG TIME !!!!!!!!!
take the plastic off the lambo and go burn some rubber...it always makes me feel a little better....
Old 07-29-2009, 07:29 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by PatriYacht
comes to the customer fat and safe

That's the best single piece of advice on running a marine engine I've ever seen. Recently I changed air bleeds in my Dominators on my n/a 540's. They were lean on top end and and fat in the middle and I was using 98 jets already. Based on advice from Speedtalk.com, I changed the bleeds from .037 to .027. I was able to lower the jet size to 92 and the top end and midrange was better. To run .037 bleeds and jets in the 80's on a supercharged motor is frightening to me. I'd like to see their data from the dyno re air fuel ratio. Sorry about your season.
They did'nt have BSFC hooked up that day , but A/F #s are 11.1 to 11.3 & 11.9 to 12.0 i dont have a scanner but can try to take a pic of the dyno sheets
Old 07-29-2009, 07:30 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Dueclaws
Bill-
What an ordeal!

Maybe Ccan will sell his engines to you: they've been engineered and engineered and....well, you know.
Seriously, they're great folks and I admire their work!
Thanks for turning me on to Owens earlier this year. Just got done with a nice Dyno sesion on the new engine for my Magnum. Learned a lot and never felt money get taken out of my pocket so smoothly, but if the dyno numbers are correct. It will be worth it.
Old 07-29-2009, 07:34 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 36 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by tomtbone1993
take the plastic off the lambo and go burn some rubber...it always makes me feel a little better....
Yep, nothing better then every time you turn the key, you hall ass...
When does the marine biz wake up and start being accountable...
Attached Thumbnails BIG Time motor problem ...any ideas  ?????-spring_042.jpg  
Old 07-29-2009, 07:37 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
curly moe &l arrys engine

How about a few words from the builder?????

Giving you the silent treatment???
Old 07-29-2009, 07:39 PM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Dude that sucks. I hope the girls are bouncing their tities off your head to make you feel better

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.