Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
BIG Time motor problem ...any ideas  ????? >

BIG Time motor problem ...any ideas ?????

Notices

BIG Time motor problem ...any ideas ?????

Old 07-29-2009, 03:44 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good luck in getting back on the water. Sad part is you can not put a price tag on all the hard work and effort to have a boat sit in your shop all season, even though the pics of your shop are pretty damn cool. Unfortunately, the season is past but I will support some of the others comments that when you truly want it done right, you can't beat several of the builders they have discussed on here. There are I think at least 5 Chicago guys, of which I have ridden or been in 3 of Dave Wesseldyke's results. I must admit, when you want to boat, have immediate response to any questions or concerns, and know that you are getting a true and accurate statement, give Dave a call. He will build to whatever power and turnkey you want and when everything is put into perspective, he is very reasonable. Best of all, his name backs it so he takes it very personal, and I can attest to that after riding with him!!!! Good luck and I hope you get this issue resolved. Hammer
Old 07-29-2009, 04:04 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by hammer01
Good luck in getting back on the water. Sad part is you can not put a price tag on all the hard work and effort to have a boat sit in your shop all season, even though the pics of your shop are pretty damn cool. Unfortunately, the season is past but I will support some of the others comments that when you truly want it done right, you can't beat several of the builders they have discussed on here. There are I think at least 5 Chicago guys, of which I have ridden or been in 3 of Dave Wesseldyke's results. I must admit, when you want to boat, have immediate response to any questions or concerns, and know that you are getting a true and accurate statement, give Dave a call. He will build to whatever power and turnkey you want and when everything is put into perspective, he is very reasonable. Best of all, his name backs it so he takes it very personal, and I can attest to that after riding with him!!!! Good luck and I hope you get this issue resolved. Hammer
Sad part is you can not put a price tag on all the hard work and effort to have a boat sit in your shop
I hear ya BIG Daddy SUKS BIG TIME !!!!!!!!!
Attached Thumbnails BIG Time motor problem ...any ideas  ?????-paint-pix-023.jpg  
Old 07-29-2009, 04:26 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Bigracks
Hey Bill Sorry for your f*** up boating season those pics are ugly!! MARK SAID THAT YOU TORCHED A SET OF MOTORS BUT DIDN'T KNOW THEY WERE THIS BAD !! Sounds like the motor guy didn't know what he was doing and to his other partner that had to chime in with his 2 cents,,, If I know Bill he will have the fastest canoe on the river!!

NEXT YEAR HE WILL HAVE BIGGER PADDLES AND REALEY SMOKE UR A***

Is this an original Skater design?

We all have had motor problems at one time or another, it goes with boating. It's the aggravation of trusting your builder and paying him to do it right that really pizzes you off.
Attached Thumbnails BIG Time motor problem ...any ideas  ?????-original-skater.bmp  
Old 07-29-2009, 04:45 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry for your loss man!

Bill you guys are welcome to come down to the Bay house and run with us any time you want.We run through October and have several months left.

The truth is ,we have all had horror stories if were running big power or modified rigs of any nature for that matter and even with the best builders we can have issues.

Eddy nailed it in my opinion as far as dialing her in on the water.

Thats why most marine stuff not rigged and or tested by our builder comes to the customer fat and safe,way to many variables water pressure etc.

Unfortunately yours were hot off a 15 second pull!

Its a shame and I feel your loss!

There are a few really sharp and compitent guys out there like Eddy , JC and Rudy to name a few that can most certainly give you what ever your boat can handle and do it right the first time.
The ketch is that they will need to do it their way. Which means getting rid of any and all questionable components as well as parts that don,t fit their proven design and engine programs.

Thats the part we the consumer never want to here ,because we have already spent good money after bad trying to salvage certain things that may not last or fit the program.

I cant speak for others but I can say that our builder Rudy is a 1 and 1/2 man show and he turns away far more than he builds do to the above.

I know Rudy has just finished up several large Spring projects and is now playing with mine.In fact I just stopped by his shop today and asked how you were doing that's how I found this thread..
I cant imagine that if your blocks, rods and cranks are still good that he couldn't have you built and dialed in by mid September or so." I know it's the or so that we don't want to here"Its a thought !
But I,m sure his program would not include those big Cheif's and valve train.
Good luck with whatever you do I just want to see you have fun and time on your boat. You need to come on down and run with us for a weekend!
Good luck!
Glen
Old 07-29-2009, 04:47 PM
Banned

[QUOTE=gerritm;2920928]Is this an original Skater design?

nope its the Joint Venture MTI/FOUNTAIN/BAHA
Old 07-29-2009, 04:53 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by WildWarrior
Sorry for your loss man!

Bill you guys are welcome to come down to the Bay house and run with us any time you want.We run through October and have several months left.

The truth is ,we have all had horror stories if were running big power or modified rigs of any nature for that matter and even with the best builders we can have issues.

Eddy nailed it in my opinion as far as dialing her in on the water.

Thats why most marine stuff not rigged and or tested by our builder comes to the customer fat and safe,way to many variables water pressure etc.

Unfortunately yours were hot off a 15 second pull!

Its a shame and I feel your loss!

There are a few really sharp and compitent guys out there like Eddy , JC and Rudy to name a few that can most certainly give you what ever your boat can handle and do it right the first time.
The ketch is that they will need to do it their way. Which means getting rid of any and all questionable components as well as parts that don,t fit their proven design and engine programs.

Thats the part we the consumer never want to here ,because we have already spent good money after bad trying to salvage certain things that may not last or fit the program.

I cant speak for others but I can say that our builder Rudy is a 1 and 1/2 man show and he turns away far more than he builds do to the above.

I know Rudy has just finished up several large Spring projects and is now playing with mine.In fact I just stopped by his shop today and asked how you were doing that's how I found this thread..
I cant imagine that if your blocks, rods and cranks are still good that he couldn't have you built and dialed in by mid September or so." I know it's the or so that we don't want to here"Its a thought !
But I,m sure his program would not include those big Cheif's and valve train.
Good luck with whatever you do I just want to see you have fun and time on your boat. You need to come on down and run with us for a weekend!
Good luck!
Glen
comes to the customer fat and safe

NOT THIS ONE BIG DADDY

The BAY HOUSE is sounding awfull tempting , things will never be the same in Maryland..LMAO

Last edited by RunninHotRacing163.1; 07-29-2009 at 04:55 PM.
Old 07-29-2009, 04:54 PM
Registered

[QUOTE=RunninHotRacing158;2920948]
Originally Posted by gerritm
Is this an original Skater design?

nope its the Joint Venture MTI/FOUNTAIN/BAHA
I guess it does sort of have a beak.
Old 07-29-2009, 05:38 PM
Banned

[QUOTE=gerritm;2920953]
Originally Posted by RunninHotRacing158

I guess it does sort of have a beak.
Old 07-29-2009, 06:13 PM
Registered

I'm sleepy.

Pesky Varmint
Old 07-29-2009, 06:20 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Dueclaws
Bill-
What an ordeal!

Maybe Ccan will sell his engines to you: they've been engineered and engineered and....well, you know.
Seriously, they're great folks and I admire their work!
Maybe he can spend some time in Tucson at LARRYS ENGINE & MARINE and help with there engineering & enineering Sounds like the same Chit mmmmmm send them back and we'll REDESIGN the pistons and start over again .........

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.