Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
BIG Time motor problem ...any ideas  ????? >

BIG Time motor problem ...any ideas ?????

Notices

BIG Time motor problem ...any ideas ?????

Old 08-02-2009, 02:43 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 500drvr
So if you think you have a claim, take it to court instead of trying it here F*#k head. But then both sides would have to be heard. I'll put my money on Larry if it ever comes to that. (I doubt it will). 7902 posts - you need to get a life.
Good idear make sure you make the trip down to the Daley center with the rest of the Tuscon p@sse lookin forward to seeing ya'll shorty good day mate

And mention to your cheerleading coach Larry no such thing as saving methanol (SAVING METHANOL AT $2.00 A GALLON ) R U Friggin nutz ????and there are no SWITCHES they come on when boat is started and he wanted them set at 6 lbs .... which is where they and he still has'nt explained the new email that timing needs to be at 27 degrees now ,same motor,same set up ????? inquiring minds wanna know ....

Last edited by RunninHotRacing163.1; 08-02-2009 at 11:53 PM. Reason: pic download
Old 08-02-2009, 03:16 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by RunninHotRacing158
Good idear make sure you make the trip down to the Daley center with the rest of the Tuscon p@sse lookin forward to seeing ya'll shorty good day mate

And mention to your cheerleading coach Larry he still has'nt explained the new email that timing needs to be at 27 degrees now ,same motor,same set up ????? inquiring minds wanna know ....

P.S. these motors were to be built as poker run motors and use Methenol at high rpm to help with egts same exact set-up as LARRY took apart when they arrived in November of 08 .... Larrys last phone call was can you have the methanol come on at 4 Lbsof boost ...mmmmmmmm last set of motors ran 200 hours plus and meth came on at 9 lbs of boost and they ran & ran & ran .............

Last edited by RunninHotRacing163.1; 08-02-2009 at 11:51 PM.
Old 08-02-2009, 03:26 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

First of all. I take it the heads are about 60cc chamber or as low as 57cc, what is the piston dish cc, and the piston to deck height, what is the gasket bore diameter and compressed gasket thickness? I'll tell you right now, that even 32 degrees of timing is TOO Much, for a 15:1 engine on 118 octane in racing engines I have built in the past. I take it this is 92-93 pump gas, that timing should have been down to 28 from the start, you need to double check that C.R. they gave you, you pretty much took all the ring langes out from to much timing from what I can see.
Old 08-02-2009, 04:40 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by MER Performance
First of all. I take it the heads are about 60cc chamber or as low as 57cc, what is the piston dish cc, and the piston to deck height, what is the gasket bore diameter and compressed gasket thickness? I'll tell you right now, that even 32 degrees of timing is TOO Much, for a 15:1 engine on 118 octane in racing engines I have built in the past. I take it this is 92-93 pump gas, that timing should have been down to 28 from the start, you need to double check that C.R. they gave you, you pretty much took all the ring langes out from to much timing from what I can see.
MER Perf if you refer to previous replys specifics are laid out , heads are 95cc and were never 98cc when they left Larrys in Tuscon Aizona ,pistons are 40 cc dish ,gasket was .o51 , compression has been double & triple checked and there over 9-1 ... Yes motors have been picked up from motor bldr in Waukegan and BILL IS PAID IN FULL no sense to go any further till things can be re -evaluated or like LARRY calls it REDESIGN/RE-ENGINEER pistons ..... Supposedly these motors dyno'd at 34 degree timing,recieved an email from LARRYS that have them retimed at 32 degrees and after calling him in June with the problem he emails DO NOT RUN THE MOTORS OVER 28 DEGREES TIMING .... So i have to ask what has changed ????? same motors ,same everything and now he decides the timing should be down ......

Let me know if ya need anymore specs ... I did find the 34/32 degree timing timing email that they cant explain yet ......

Subj: Engines
Date: 2/23/2009 2:30:02 P.M. Central Daylight Time
To: [email protected]
Sent from the Internet (Details)

What was done about the cleaning and flushing of the oil coolers and miscellaneous oil lines?

I talked to Rudy about resetting your turn on point to 6 psi.

Your water pressure should be no more than 25-28 psi at high speed. It may only be 8 to 10 psi at 90 mph. Fuel pressure was set at 6-7 psi on dyno, make sure it is that in the boat. Should be no less than 5 psi at wide open throttle. Be sure timing on port motor @ 4000 rpm is 32 degree.

In the future all communication will be done via email only. This is in the best interest of all concerned. Nothing can be misconstrued and there cannot be any he said/she said. We do want your project to be successful.
Larry

Last edited by RunninHotRacing163.1; 08-03-2009 at 08:14 AM. Reason: Larry email 3/32 degree timing
Old 08-03-2009, 12:43 PM
10x
10x
VIP Member

WOW !!! Just heard of this Bill. I wish you would've used my engine builder, you'd be doing more boating and spend less time on the puter. Give me a call.

Frank
www.chicagopowerboat.com
Old 08-03-2009, 05:32 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Originally Posted by RunninHotRacing158
MER Perf if you refer to previous replys specifics are laid out , heads are 95cc and were never 98cc when they left Larrys in Tuscon Aizona ,pistons are 40 cc dish ,gasket was .o51 , compression has been double & triple checked and there over 9-1 ... Yes motors have been picked up from motor bldr in Waukegan and BILL IS PAID IN FULL no sense to go any further till things can be re -evaluated or like LARRY calls it REDESIGN/RE-ENGINEER pistons ..... Supposedly these motors dyno'd at 34 degree timing,recieved an email from LARRYS that have them retimed at 32 degrees and after calling him in June with the problem he emails DO NOT RUN THE MOTORS OVER 28 DEGREES TIMING .... So i have to ask what has changed ????? same motors ,same everything and now he decides the timing should be down ......

Let me know if ya need anymore specs ... I did find the 34/32 degree timing timing email that they cant explain yet ......

Subj: Engines
Date: 2/23/2009 2:30:02 P.M. Central Daylight Time
To: [email protected]
Sent from the Internet (Details)

What was done about the cleaning and flushing of the oil coolers and miscellaneous oil lines?

I talked to Rudy about resetting your turn on point to 6 psi.

Your water pressure should be no more than 25-28 psi at high speed. It may only be 8 to 10 psi at 90 mph. Fuel pressure was set at 6-7 psi on dyno, make sure it is that in the boat. Should be no less than 5 psi at wide open throttle. Be sure timing on port motor @ 4000 rpm is 32 degree.

In the future all communication will be done via email only. This is in the best interest of all concerned. Nothing can be misconstrued and there cannot be any he said/she said. We do want your project to be successful.
Larry
Nice editing job bill.Post the entire e mail in its entirity-not just the part you want shown.The original is 3 times as long as what he posted.
Old 08-03-2009, 05:47 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by skater40
Nice editing job bill.Post the entire e mail in its entirity-not just the part you want shown.The original is 3 times as long as what he posted.
So you still dont have an explanation on the LARRYS ENGINE & MARINE timing phuch up that they were shipped/sent at 34 degrees timing in February and now after the June 20 th meltdown and Larrys call on June 22 the timing will have to be set at 27 degrees no higher then 28 degrees same motors/BIG CHIEF HEADS ...OOPS
You seem to know everything about Larrys shop whats with the DRASTIC TIMING REDUCTION now ??????

C'mon dont keep us waiting BIG Daddy
and Larry knows he had a deal made as a result of this meltdown and that he was eating the pistons ,rings, and gaskets ... Stephanie said i had to eat the 2 new sets of wrist pins since they got ayyyy too hot in the motor and J & E upon inspection said throw them away... So RHR is such a badd customer and every other bldr stay away & run and hide but he liked me that much that he would order out 16 more custom pistons,and send all the gaskets & rings and not until he got a phone call that there were problems and compression was over 9-1 but now i have a bill ..it aint about the money BIG Daddy its all principal .. and who the phuch wants a blower moter over 9-1 compression ???

Larry must love me like a son to order 16 pistons and send all these parts , and give me 7 days of dyno and only charge me for 2 .... You guys get a lil too much sun on your BALD heads ?????

Last edited by RunninHotRacing163.1; 08-03-2009 at 05:50 PM.
Old 08-03-2009, 06:06 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by 10x
WOW !!! Just heard of this Bill. I wish you would've used my engine builder, you'd be doing more boating and spend less time on the puter. Give me a call.

Frank
I wish you would've used my engine builder

So do i Bro , but sometimes all that smoke blowed up your azz sounds sooo good and the promises that Larrys made i should of known better especially after they forgot to bolt the engine to the stand and she fell over WTF

I have to go look around for a few pics of that nightmare , but Larry said it was just a mistake made by my employee its hard to watch everyone it will all be forgotten about when there back in the boat ..... only thing he forgot to say was we were'nt suppose to RUN THEM ..........
OUCH !!!!!!! thats gunna leave a mark ....

C'mon Gary batter up ....
Old 08-03-2009, 06:09 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post the entire email.
Old 08-03-2009, 06:19 PM
Banned

LARRYS ENGINE & MARINE Shipping a motor with bolts missing out of the engine stand .... but it was my engine cradles fault even though Larrys Fabricated & modified and got PAID IN FULL

BUT my cradles were at fault ?????????

Here is there reply ....................

Come on bro.......

I agree shipping the motor with one bolt was wrong, I would be pissed too. And your right, Larry is responsible for his employees. Whoever did it made a mistake, plain and simple, but they are making it right.

But please don't come on here and say things like "I wonder if there are rod bolts missing too" Those are rock solid motors, 110% better than what they were. You brought them tired, mismatched motors, that you were not happy with......so please don't say you should have left them in there. I don't think you would be happy with a boat that didn't break 140....

I recommended them to you because they are one of the best at setting up what you have, a Skater that now has big power.

I'm sorry the shipping problem happened, but they are making it right. Be patient, put the motors in, and get ready to enjoy a 160+ Skater.....

Erik
Attached Images  

Last edited by RunninHotRacing163.1; 08-03-2009 at 06:21 PM. Reason: pic download

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.