Like Tree0Likes

BIG Time motor problem ...any ideas ?????

Old 08-14-2009, 08:48 PM
Registered

My Boats: BAJA OL 650HP/ SABER 28 Gellner unlimited with konrad ace

Quote:
Originally Posted by skater40 View Post
You forgot the vicodin.
Oh and only 8 pistons.I know-you are having them redesigned.
why do you come back and start chit phucking Bill posts some funny chit and you just start right up . dude get a life and grow up. you set Bill up with dreams and buddy buddy come hang with me and my builder, then he has troubles with his motors and has a right to vent!!! you kick him when he's down, just go away and let BILL VENT and start your own post how you kick OSO members when there down. instead of saying WOW that sucks Bill sorry things didn't work out. thats all you need to say and let larry speak for himself, thats what a pro builder would do, the customer is always right!!! have a good weekend Bill, we went to the NEWPORT MANSIONS TOO DAY but tomorrow the BORDEN LIGHT POKER RUN. so talk to you sunday going to bed now later dude be cool
Old 08-14-2009, 09:00 PM
Registered

My Boats: 2002 38'Ocean Express Catamaran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunninHotRacing158 View Post
Hows that BIG Daddy ???? 16 pistons & 2 magnums
Not Badd only took ya 6 minutes to get here

Vicodin ??? what is that ?? a new brand of pistons :grinser010
:U forgot the EXXXTASY

His first post was at 2:40 then the next was close to 4pm... He had to google the pistons to get some info to post... or call his buddy Larry... Tuscon is keeping there eye on you Bill... Not much going on in AZ exciting... I guess they are not one of your skater Bro's....
Old 08-14-2009, 10:36 PM
Banned

My Boats: 40 SKATER

Quote:
Originally Posted by AIR TIME View Post
why do you come back and start chit phucking Bill posts some funny chit and you just start right up . dude get a life and grow up. you set Bill up with dreams and buddy buddy come hang with me and my builder, then he has troubles with his motors and has a right to vent!!! you kick him when he's down, just go away and let BILL VENT and start your own post how you kick OSO members when there down. instead of saying WOW that sucks Bill sorry things didn't work out. thats all you need to say and let larry speak for himself, thats what a pro builder would do, the customer is always right!!! have a good weekend Bill, we went to the NEWPORT MANSIONS TOO DAY but tomorrow the BORDEN LIGHT POKER RUN. so talk to you sunday going to bed now later dude be cool
later dude be cool
Thanks Artie and its all about the [email protected]@l
Old 08-14-2009, 10:38 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmareno View Post
His first post was at 2:40 then the next was close to 4pm... He had to google the pistons to get some info to post... or call his Butt buddy Larry... Tuscon is keeping there eye on you Bill... Not much going on in AZ exciting... I guess they are not one of your skater Bro's....
Tuscon can
now PARTY ON MARIO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-18-2009, 12:20 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Bill, I saw a pic of your new pistons last week, but couldn't remember where. Just wanted to give you some positive info. Those pistons will give you more power, The valve pocket is unshrouded, to allow for better flame travel with better combustion, I have never used an inverted dome like used on your old engines for the BIG CHIEF style cylinder head. The inverted dome is usually recommended buy the OLD school guy's vs the dished piston. The new style piston you have isn't the answer for preventing detonation. Timing needs to remain below 30 degrees. I looked at the I.C.E system you have and it looks like a proven item. What was the power out put of your engines before this build and the power of this latest build? Bill, I have some 1100 SC in a 41 Apache that runs on 93 that can be run flat out with no injection system on it having no problems. What sold you on that product? If the tune-up is correct, why would you need this system. If not exceeding compression ratio and A/F ratios. Don't take me the wrong way on these questions, I'am not saying this system is wrong, I have no experience with it. Just why, you were sold on it. I knew Keith Eickert, did some work with something like this. What happens with the A/F ratio when the system is on. I have seen normal A/F ratios with high EGTs on the dyno depending on what C.R, cam design, due to the amount of fuel being burned out the exhaust, not related to the A/F ratio being lean. Water being injected would be of great concern to me the water droplets in the air are bad enough.
Thanks for your time! Mark
Old 08-18-2009, 02:04 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MER Performance View Post
Bill, I saw a pic of your new pistons last week, but couldn't remember where. Just wanted to give you some positive info. Those pistons will give you more power, The valve pocket is unshrouded, to allow for better flame travel with better combustion, I have never used an inverted dome like used on your old engines for the BIG CHIEF style cylinder head. The inverted dome is usually recommended buy the OLD school guy's vs the dished piston. The new style piston you have isn't the answer for preventing detonation. Timing needs to remain below 30 degrees. I looked at the I.C.E system you have and it looks like a proven item. What was the power out put of your engines before this build and the power of this latest build? Bill, I have some 1100 SC in a 41 Apache that runs on 93 that can be run flat out with no injection system on it having no problems. What sold you on that product? If the tune-up is correct, why would you need this system. If not exceeding compression ratio and A/F ratios. Don't take me the wrong way on these questions, I'am not saying this system is wrong, I have no experience with it. Just why, you were sold on it. I knew Keith Eickert, did some work with something like this. What happens with the A/F ratio when the system is on. I have seen normal A/F ratios with high EGTs on the dyno depending on what C.R, cam design, due to the amount of fuel being burned out the exhaust, not related to the A/F ratio being lean. Water being injected would be of great concern to me the water droplets in the air are bad enough.
Mark I was SOLD on the system when she knocks the egts down 200 degrees instantly and without you cant run 14 lbs of boost on 93 octane .... Our last set of motors that made it 200 + hours were built for 93 octane and the meth came on at 9 lbs for some added safety and for a pulley change for higher boost LARRYS ENGINE built friggin drag race motors that were never suppose to be run without Methanol spraying , and for WOT to go get a burger & beer Probably still be boating if had built them for 93 Octane and meth helped with taking the EGTS down from 1450 degrees to 1250 degrees in seconds

As far as the pistons BIG Daddy the TUSCON BOYZ said they would'nt work so i sent them back J/K i mean after all the 1 st set made it 3.7 hours so why would i doubt what they say ...

Last edited by RunninHotRacing163.1; 08-18-2009 at 02:08 PM.
Old 08-18-2009, 03:49 PM
Geronimo36
Gold Member

My Boats: 36' Apache Warrior / 22' Apache Scout

Quote:
Originally Posted by MER Performance View Post
Water being injected would be of great concern to me the water droplets in the air are bad enough.
My fathers turbo engines built by Flagship used a water injection system back in the 70's and it significantly reduced detonation under boost.
Old 08-19-2009, 09:16 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Running Hot, Understand 14 # boost. The pistons I was referring to was the one in the white box with some Gray Goose. Can you tell me your HP and torque?
Old 08-21-2009, 09:27 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panther View Post
My fathers turbo engines built by Flagship used a water injection system back in the 70's and it significantly reduced detonation under boost.
Theres some Badd Azz Turbos on the dyno now in Michigan and there making some huuuuge #s sounds like a nice winter project
Old 08-21-2009, 09:55 AM
B38
Registered

My Boats: Bertram 38' Comp'

They have been useing H20 Injection for years on Diesel Tractor pullers. Big Meth injectors and H20 Injectors side by side between the valves if I remember rite. Lots and lots of Break Hp out of those once diesel engines. Enough to pull the crank out every time damn near. Who Hoo, some power there.
H20 injection is proven in my eyes.
B3