Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Selling to some one out of the country >

Selling to some one out of the country

Notices

Selling to some one out of the country

Old 03-21-2010, 12:16 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just Wanted to say that No It Never Was A Scam & to be Honest I think that it's Really INSULTING the way that this transaction has been discussed as such!! My Friend was Right, The Cash was in hand the entire time, & not that it's ANYONES BUISNESS But Yes, Sometimes there are Exteniuating Circumstances. & We wanted to meet at Customs for our protection as well as his, Who Knows when your goingot meet a psycho Red Neck American who wouldn't hesitate to Rob you at gun point!?! The point is you just never know what your getting into when you are going into another country with money like that.. In Closeing, Thanks Joe, Happy to have the Boat at home Finally. But For Everyone Else Who Likes to get their 2 Cents in, shut up & mind your own buisness before you Insult People by Insinuating that it sounds like a Scam!! ~
Old 03-21-2010, 12:43 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by senzakid
psycho Red Neck American who wouldn't hesitate to Rob you at gun point!?! ~
Let's see here. Your meeting at the Border, at the Customs station which just happens to have a full complement of armed customs agents within projectile distance and your afraid of being robbed? Don't you just love these 1 post wonders?
Old 03-21-2010, 06:06 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by ROTAX454
Let's see here. Your meeting at the Border, at the Customs station which just happens to have a full complement of armed customs agents within projectile distance and your afraid of being robbed? Don't you just love these 1 post wonders?
If you read it right. He said he wanted to meet at customs for protection. He was worried about going into the US and the chance of being robbed.
Old 03-21-2010, 06:07 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Jeff P31
And it only took 3 month's to come back with a post like that .
LOL
Old 03-21-2010, 07:37 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by twistedvelocity
If you read it right. He said he wanted to meet at customs for protection. He was worried about going into the US and the chance of being robbed.
Ok, I going to ask-------You do know that there is a Custom's Office on BOTH sides of the border? And your laughing at Jeff P31.
Old 03-21-2010, 08:07 PM
Registered

Ok, I going to ask-------You do know that there is a Custom's Office on BOTH sides of the border? And your laughing at Jeff P31.
Better to ask.
What does a customs office have to do with getting robbed by someone within the US?
Old 03-21-2010, 08:51 PM
Registered

Rotax454, Do you need to learn how to read?! I said that I wanted to meet at the Boarder for My Protection as well as the sellers.. It was My Idea, because I'm sorry but Americans are known for their Lax Gun Laws!! & As for being a 1 Post wonder, I'm sorry but until today I actually hadn't been on here in quite a while, not that my activity is Any of Your Buisness!!
Old 03-21-2010, 09:00 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Jeff P31
And it only took 3 month's to come back with a post like that .
Jeff, I'm sorry, your a fellow Canadian, I really don't understand why you'd feel the need to be negative towards me out of nowhere.. To be honest until today I hadn't been on here since December when I joined, so Thanks, but I did feel quite insulted when I cam on here today & saw the smack talk going on! To be honest this boat transaction has ben Hell!! Joe was good, it was the boarder that caused difficulties!! I have my pasport, My Problem getting over has been with the American Customs.. If you get in trouble as a Kid, & your records been Exponged on the Canadian side to the point where the courts here don't even have it on record, over 20 years later it shouldn't be held against you!! I got my boat home lastnight, finally, I'm happy, End of story! I'd appreciate if people would seriousely MTOB!