Notices

PSI or Whipple?

Old 09-05-2011, 10:34 AM
Registered

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by AIR TIME
me too in fallriver. like I said at the docks they said Dan had pulley issues? second hand info and last year it was the belt or pulleys 2nd stop. also heard down at lotto they had issues but sounded like efi. so your saying it was a drive issue at fallriver?.I got pics to give Dan so I'll ask him about lotto, hope he ran both runs. and it's a bummer if 2yrs in a row he had break downs cause of pullelys or belts in fallriver. hey Mr.ol Dan, are there any runs in sept, oct in conn coming up? I got two more days of cutting up trees thens it back to the boat about a day or two to finish at our rate.
hope all had fun over the weekend next month I get to split all this wood I cut up , later Art!!!
I talked to Danny as he was coming into the ramp with Dustin waiting on the dock. He ran in the front at LOTO but didnt want to run the shootout as he had the wrong gearing and the boat was sold. I talk to Danny all the time. As far as run's there's always the CT river run in OCT and we'll get something planned soon.
Old 09-05-2011, 10:50 AM
Chris
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by weldcrane
hows is wipples customer service after the sale??????????????
I can testify that Whipples customer service is awsome...I had a few little issues with a motor they built for me (something they do not normally do...or specialize in.)..and they resolved all the issues at their cost....No hassels what so ever.

I would recommend Whipple to anyone wanting to make big...reliable ...power.

Their customer service rocks!

Chris
Attached Thumbnails PSI or Whipple?-600sci-540-boat-shot.jpg  

Last edited by CB-BLR; 09-05-2011 at 12:38 PM. Reason: adding picture
Old 09-05-2011, 11:12 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There's no denying the reliability and power potential of the PSI and it sounds like Roger and the guys have worked out most of the part throttle driveability issues, but in my opinion the Whipple is a much more user friendly package, has more options to fit various needs, and is pretty much bolt on. Just add injectors and a computer of your choice ad go. CPPerf and others have complete pulley sets, and their intercoolers are kickass. I don't know if the PSI can match the cruise efficiency of the Whipple either. I love the look of the PSI and if it was a carb application it would be a tougher choice but for EFI I'll take the Whipple.
Old 09-05-2011, 04:25 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Far better than others. Ask any drag racer about how fast they get there SC's. I know some that had to wait 6 months for 1 supercharger!!! I highly doubt there are many that go as far as I go for our customers.
Old 09-05-2011, 04:30 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by AIR TIME
me too in fallriver. like I said at the docks they said Dan had pulley issues? second hand info and last year it was the belt or pulleys 2nd stop. also heard down at lotto they had issues but sounded like efi. so your saying it was a drive issue at fallriver?.I got pics to give Dan so I'll ask him about lotto, hope he ran both runs. and it's a bummer if 2yrs in a row he had break downs cause of pullelys or belts in fallriver. hey Mr.ol Dan, are there any runs in sept, oct in conn coming up? I got two more days of cutting up trees thens it back to the boat about a day or two to finish at our rate.
hope all had fun over the weekend next month I get to split all this wood I cut up , later Art!!!
They had a pulley issues as I said before the run, but the issues was the bolts were bottomed out, therefore not tight, that doesn't workout to well. Fixed it before run, they ran, but had other issues unrelated to the superchargers, such as valve train.
Old 09-05-2011, 05:56 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Whipple Chargers....Love that hardware!
Old 09-05-2011, 06:09 PM
Registered

good....if you dont have a sidemount...
Old 09-05-2011, 07:26 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

you got that right pqjack!!!!!!
Old 09-05-2011, 07:34 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Whipple Charged
On common marine engines, below 1600hp, they will take close to the same power, but have cooler temps. Ours makes far more low end torque and has significantly better fuel/air distribution and idle characteristics. You can't idle a 7.5L PSI gas version down to 800rpm. Not that many want too, but we have plenty that do.
Its nice to see facts other than just opinions. Is there anyone from PSI on oso?
Old 09-07-2011, 09:05 AM

Originally Posted by Whipple Charged
3 years? Lets not exagerate quite so much. Its been about a year now and something this big and with all the new technology it features, takes some time to develop. As for belt issues, 99% of them are from incorrect setups. You ever see how many belt issues customers with PSI's have when they try to make power? Almost all had to go to kevlar belts. Ask any drag racer how belts live with there PSI's.

Pure P sure loses alot of belts ,and thats surely not an incorrect set-up being built & maintained with an open checkbook and it was 3 years you were looking for $$$$ coin to continue with the developement ..

and i'd take a Kevlar belt & a PSI and finish a run, then keep throwing belts and snout problems on the whirple ..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.