Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   An offshore adventure story by Bobthebuilder, Story 3 How I grabbed the pole position (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/223405-offshore-adventure-story-bobthebuilder-story-3-how-i-grabbed-pole-position.html)

Bobthebuilder 01-27-2010 01:01 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by MiniHawk (Post 3032527)
It's ok- thanks anyway.
BTW: Do you have any BIG trips planned for this year? Crossing the gulf of mexico?

A couple of things. First some here followed my trip into the southern Bahamas and recall that after three weeks of strong SE trade winds I gave up on the idea of getting to the Turks and Caicos and beyond. My plan right now is after our last FMO fun run of the season in early April is to ship Team Predator down to the Islands, likely St Thomas by the looks of it right now. I hope to boat thru a good part of the Caribbean in April / May and in June start back with the trade winds behind me with stops in PR; DR; T & C and thru Bahamas again to Ft Lauderdale.

Something else that I am giving thought to is trying to establish a record between Key West and New Orleans. It is 560 miles +/- and find that intriguing. My range is 400 miles but could extend that with fuel bladders. At this point I don't know if an official record exists. That should be a summertime run say August. It may be a bit much to take all that on after boating a couple of thousand miles in April / May and June which has the priority right now. At some point I need to back off some and start to take better care of this body of mine. Some parts are soon going to start to wear out I'm afraid ! LOL I will keep you all posted on this as and if things develope.

Bob

MiniHawk 01-27-2010 07:31 PM

Originally Posted by Bobthebuilder (Post 3032758)
A couple of things. First some here followed my trip into the southern Bahamas and recall that after three weeks of strong SE trade winds I gave up on the idea of getting to the Turks and Caicos and beyond. My plan right now is after our last FMO fun run of the season in early April is to ship Team Predator down to the Islands, likely St Thomas by the looks of it right now. I hope to boat thru a good part of the Caribbean in April / May and in June start back with the trade winds behind me with stops in PR; DR; T & C and thru Bahamas again to Ft Lauderdale.

Something else that I am giving thought to is trying to establish a record between Key West and New Orleans. It is 560 miles +/- and find that intriguing. My range is 400 miles but could extend that with fuel bladders. At this point I don't know if an official record exists. That should be a summertime run say August. It may be a bit much to take all that on after boating a couple of thousand miles in April / May and June which has the priority right now. At some point I need to back off some and start to take better care of this body of mine. Some parts are soon going to start to wear out I'm afraid ! LOL I will keep you all posted on this as and if things develope.

Bob

Sounds like some good plans. And yes! Keep us updated- the powerboat article of your other trip was great!:drink:

Wobble 12-22-2013 10:59 AM

LOL, I would take the swim every time. Those barnacles can cause some nasty infections I've heard. Great story.