Like Tree0Likes

32 skater rough water ability

Reply
Old 01-28-2010, 11:04 PM
  #61
Registered
VIP Member
 
HotPursuit's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Slidell,Louisiana
My Boats: 40 Skater
Posts: 1,783
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 32-DD View Post
Guys never meant to start an argument just wanted some feedback. I know what I have been able to run the boat in, was just curious on others experiences! Were I boat I have never encountered water conditions were I couldn't run the boat as hard as I wanted to when I wanted to. But as I stated in the beginning I boat mainly on a inland lake in SC.
No problem were just bored it happens all the time this time of the year!!
Now ad Skater Brother under your name.
HotPursuit is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 11:11 PM
  #62
Registered
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 476
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotPursuit View Post
Nice hull but wont run with a Cigarette,Outerlimits,Fountain.
Let me now when they win a race or even race offshore. Eliminator did it once didn't work out so well.
Next ed

And you know this how......?
I'm also pretty much 100% positive lavey has raced offshore and won many races so I'm not to sure what your statement means....

UD- don't forget the Factory 1 championships

Last edited by lavey jr; 01-28-2010 at 11:15 PM.
lavey jr is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 11:12 PM
  #63
Registered
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Lake Murray sc
My Boats: 1992 32' Skater CATZ AZZ sold :( Formula 303
Posts: 92
Default

Thanks for all the feedback and compliments, Proud to be part of the Skater Nation!!
32-DD is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 11:21 PM
  #64
Registered
 
OL40SVX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Bristol, RI
My Boats: Outerlimits
Posts: 7,222
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Dave View Post
Yes I have hard of the jesse James boat and from what I can remember it was awesome.

Actual Lavey did race for several years.

Lavey had a very successful super V lite campaign (world champs actually) and they won a Key West Offshore championship.

They also set the single engine SVL speed record in 06.

It actually out- accelerated Everything including the OL (look it up) . The OL was fastest top end followed by the lavey.

Before you slam them you might have looked it up.


UD
You could prop the OL for acceleration and have it still run 110.....no biggie! If the boats so amazing why hasnt anyone bought one?? Just wondering. I can guarentee you its no comparison to an OL because nothing really is.

Last edited by OL40SVX; 01-28-2010 at 11:33 PM.
OL40SVX is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 11:37 PM
  #65
Registered
VIP Member
 
HotPursuit's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Slidell,Louisiana
My Boats: 40 Skater
Posts: 1,783
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lavey jr View Post
And you know this how......?
I'm also pretty much 100% positive lavey has raced offshore and won many races so I'm not to sure what your statement means....

UD- don't forget the Factory 1 championships
30 yrs running super charge powered 100+ water eating machines. My dad raced for Cigarette in the 70s and held just about every speed record,national and world titles.
My son is also following in my foot steps. Running 120 in his Shadow Cat and no he didn't buy it turn key,does all the wrenching and rig it from bow to stern.
I rig my own boats and build the power. See Skater 40 Conversion in the Skater Forums.
Now tell who was ever in that fine as* Lavey to wear some PFDS and kill switches next time they run that hard.

Remember Its a Skater Nation
HotPursuit is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 11:42 PM
  #66
Registered
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 2,791
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fountain40icbm View Post
You could prop the OL for acceleration and have it still run 110.....no biggie! If the boats so amazing why hasnt anyone bought one?? Just wondering. I can guarentee you its no comparison to an OL because nothing really is.
but they didnt and it didnt out accelerate the lavey
same argument -prop the lavey for speed

The numbers post what they post- the 2look pretty close

Who sold anything in the last year really?

UD
Uncle Dave is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 11:44 PM
  #67
Registered
 
OL40SVX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Bristol, RI
My Boats: Outerlimits
Posts: 7,222
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Dave View Post
but they didnt and it didnt out accelerate the lavey
same argument -prop the lavey for speed

The numbers post what they post- the 2look pretty close

Who sold anything in the last year really?

UD
Well I dont see the Lavey running more than 110?? The OL will out run that EVO no problem. There's no comparison between a Lavey and Outerlimits or Skater. Im sure they build a very nice solid boat and all but those two MFG's are in a different league. Lots of people have sold boats including Skater and Outerlimits and Cigarette and MTI to name a few.

Last edited by OL40SVX; 01-28-2010 at 11:47 PM.
OL40SVX is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 11:45 PM
  #68
Registered
VIP Member
 
HotPursuit's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Slidell,Louisiana
My Boats: 40 Skater
Posts: 1,783
Default

Who sold anything in the last year really?


Not to be a jackhole but Douglas Marine Skater sold 30+
HotPursuit is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 11:47 PM
  #69
Registered
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 476
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotPursuit View Post
30 yrs running super charge powered 100+ water eating machines. My dad raced for Cigarette in the 70s and held just about every speed record,national and world titles.
My son is also following in my foot steps. Running 120 in his Shadow Cat and no he didn't buy it turn key,does all the wrenching and rig it from bow to stern.
I rig my own boats and build the power. See Skater 40 Conversion in the Skater Forums.
Now tell who was ever in that fine as* Lavey to wear some PFDS and kill switches next time they run that hard.

Remember Its a Skater Nation
Ok cool but all that does is tell us that you know how cigs and other 100+ mph boats run but have you been in the Lavey and ran it? I doubt it so how can YOU say the Lavey can't run with those other companies....?

About the PFDS and kill switches.... Try looking harder at the video because everybody on board was wearing a PFD and the driver was wearing a kill switch.

Fountain40- just like I said before, a main factor as to why noboby has bought one is because the boat hasn't left the west coast. Why? Because it costs money and Laveycraft is a 100% small family owned and ran company with no investors paying for them and no huge family trusts to spend....
lavey jr is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 11:52 PM
  #70
Registered
 
OL40SVX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Bristol, RI
My Boats: Outerlimits
Posts: 7,222
Default

Why hasnt any left coasters bought one? I await to see it if it ever comes out here. Again I think that EVO 28 is pretty cool lookin!
OL40SVX is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:59 AM.


Copyright 2011 OffShoreOnly. All rights reserved.